Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Paul Rudd In Talks To Play Hank Pym

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Paul Rudd In Talks To Play Hank Pym Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paul Rudd In Talks To Play Hank Pym - 19/12/2013 12:16:35 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 19/12/2013 1:43:19 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

Tag line would be funny, but it was Champ Kind who used that line in Anchorman, not Paul Rudd's 'Brian Fantana'. Poor referencing!

Seriously?

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting
Post #: 2
RE: RE: - 19/12/2013 1:49:49 PM   
AxlReznor

I don't know enough about Ant-Man to know if this is a good choice or not, but I always enjoy Paul Rudd in everything I've seen him in, so it should be interesting.

On a side note (and at the risk of sounding pedantic), The Sandman is not a superhero story, and you shouldn't prime your readers to expect that to be a superhero film.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 19/12/2013 2:29:26 PM   
GrizBe

Pretty much was just about to post the same as AxlReznor. Sandman Is not a Superhero story. To call it that is very poor researching.

On subject however, I'm not a fan of Paul Rudd. Honestly, I've not felt he's done anything good since he played Phoebe's boyfriend in Friends. I'd much rather see Simon Pegg given the role... despite him saying he's not interested as he doesn't think the movie is a good idea.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 4
RE: - 20/12/2013 2:02:49 PM   
joeng79

I agree its got to be Hank Pym. He's the creator of Ultron which will tie it up nicely with Avengers: Age of Ultron, plus having Janet van Dyne as his love interest (and future wife) it'll give Marvel the right vehicle to introduce the Wasp as well. scott lang just wouldn't offer that level of opportunity, plus he'd have to break into Hank's home to steal the existing ant man gear, that just wouldn't be right for ant man's origin movie.
Post #: 5
RE: - 20/12/2013 3:43:10 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JFreid05

@AxlReznor Nowhere in the article does it say the Sandman is a superhero story. They say Comic Book Project.

They edited the article after we both pointed it out.

And what joeng79 said. It WILL by Hank Pym.
Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 22/12/2013 8:19:39 AM   
NicholiB

quote:

ORIGINAL: joeng79

I agree its got to be Hank Pym. He's the creator of Ultron which will tie it up nicely with Avengers: Age of Ultron, plus having Janet van Dyne as his love interest (and future wife) it'll give Marvel the right vehicle to introduce the Wasp as well. scott lang just wouldn't offer that level of opportunity, plus he'd have to break into Hank's home to steal the existing ant man gear, that just wouldn't be right for ant man's origin movie.

Also agree it's got to be Pym and we need that Avengers tie in. Much as I loved the Avengers the lack of the Wasp and Ant/Giant man just didn't feel quite right. This couple were central to both the classic and Ultimate Avengers story lines.

The Black Widow in particular wasn't a particularly significantly high level Avenger compared to the Wasp and the same can be said about Quicksilver when compared to Hanks Pym's various incarnations. We now have Tony Stark creating Ultron instead of Hank Pym. Even though Tony Stark is my favourite Marvel movie character, I don't want the Avengers becoming like the "Wolverine and the X Men" movies.

Pym and The Wasp have one of the most realistic and tragic back stories in comic book history and it should be an integral part of the Ant Man/Avengers movies IMO.

(in reply to joeng79)
Post #: 7
- 22/12/2013 12:38:33 PM   
Darren47

I'm glad to hear that Paul Rudd is Antman. Hopefully, Rudd will nail his role like Robert Downey Jr in (the) Iron Man (Series). But I don't think Paul Rudd is the problem. I think Edgar Wright is the problem here. Yes, he is a good director who made Shaun of the Dead and Scott Pilgrim. But what if he makes it to comic (like Batman & Robin) actually, how DID he get the job in the first place. But well see...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 8
yeahhh - 6/1/2014 2:25:32 PM   
kanada83

Hoping that this rocks and that the narrative is strong, really want EW to comeback strong. TWE was industry standard (and a little serious) but it didn’t match or surpass SP, SoTD or Spaced. A good ol’ story, and EW back on form should iron that out.
It would be great if EW got together with Michel Gondry and did a collaboration on the AntMan movie. Remember a game called Viewtiful Joe on the GameCube? Could only buzz with excitement at what EW and MG could do, kinda like the Grindhouse collabo.
I know MG can do it cos even though GH was Bah! BKR was really great (and ESotSP). Not only that but other stars have turned it around like RyanR’s in Safe House, De Niro in TBW, SLP and AH, Eva Mendes in APBTP (when she plays the older Romina). Also loved NS as Boris’s GF (as well as the entire film) in Men in Black 3.
Would love to see where MG is now in his directing as well as where the technology is in regards to CGI. I hope they push the boat out on AntMan and have a really, really good story at the heart of it, were Ant Man realises he’s helped/only as good as the people around him, like friends, family, citizens. Basically what they did in ‘slow-mo’ with SpiderMan3 but in the style of Spaced.

Post #: 9
...hhhhhhhh!!! - 6/1/2014 2:26:53 PM   
kanada83

It’d be cool if we had Gondry vision and pulled makeshift magnifying glasses made out of coke bottle bottoms over 3D glasses and they magnified in on Ant Mans adventures and battles. With some really epic action like in Land of the Giants that show was great. So we have to put the magnifying glasses on and watch the action like that, that would mean you could have a larger amount of action going on on-screen. Whatever I hope it’s a rollercoaster whatever they do. Whatever MG does next will be cool.
If the tech didn’t work for the 3d magnifying goggles then they could just be for pretend. And during the film when he went small, a big pair of glasses and a large hand could be put on from wearers POV. And then when we wore them they transported us into AM’s world. Hope it’s as wow as JPark is, really do, I know that EW can pull it off. Pretty sure that the Marvel team and EW are going to do a great job with this movie.
Rudd’s gona be great This is 40 was really something. Maybe on the Blu-ray release they could do the collaboration. But like they’d make it a surprise. So like when you had the two comics in one, you play the 3D blu-ray and had the chance to watch the film from 2 ways one by EW and one by MG and instead of turning the comic upside down you could see the film from AM’s allies POV (as if you were viewing the action from the flip side of the cinema/TV screen). Oh gee I cannot wait to watch this film. A regular everyday guy on an adventure. Yeah.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Paul Rudd In Talks To Play Hank Pym Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI