Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Emilia Clarke Will Be Sarah Connor

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Emilia Clarke Will Be Sarah Connor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emilia Clarke Will Be Sarah Connor - 15/12/2013 9:42:43 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: '' Kicking off a new trilogy ''... - 16/12/2013 4:08:18 AM   
NeoBrowser

Yeah, I'm not cool with this girl's annoying face.

Bring back Lena Heady please.
Post #: 2
RE: Why reboot this? - 16/12/2013 8:15:26 AM   
AxlReznor

I take it things don't bode well for Daenaryn in Season 4 of Game Of Thrones, then.
Post #: 3
RE: Why not reboot it? - 16/12/2013 11:33:43 AM   
FoximusPrime

The only confusing thing about this reboot is why are they remaking The Terminator (if they are) with, I assume, Reese having to go back and protect / impregnate a helpless waitress, etc.? Could they approach it from one of the other infinite angles a time travel concept provides?

Obviously John Connor has to exist (what with him having been cast and all), but will they keep it to the same old same old, or would they take the story somewhere different, similar to what the Sarah Connor Chronicles did with their initial bout of jumping forward in time?

That then provides a Star Trek style sequel / reboot and so many options for the future.

Basically, will they try and make an intelligent film making the most of the concept, or a lowest common denominator brainless, needless remake?

< Message edited by FoximusPrime -- 16/12/2013 11:34:51 AM >

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1
Post #: 4
RE: Why reboot this? - 16/12/2013 1:19:10 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I take it things don't bode well for Daenaryn in Season 4 of Game Of Thrones, then.

I know Martin has a habit of killing everyone, but its obvious you've never read the books.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 5
RE: Why reboot this? - 16/12/2013 1:34:16 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I know Martin has a habit of killing everyone, but its obvious you've never read the books.

This is true. Is that a problem?

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 6
A chance to forget 3 and 4 - 16/12/2013 10:11:21 PM   
Carlos06

People who ask 'Why does Arnie have to be in it?' obviously are not big Arnie fans and basically just dont get it. He needs to be in it. The problem with 3 and 4 is the directors/writers didnt get it either. There was so much they could have done but they failed quite badly. It wasnt as if 3 was awful, it was just not needed, a woman Terminator that was more advanced than the T1000 yet looked distinctly more robotic? Why?? Salvation was ok but just didnt fit with the story arc, it just shouldnt have been made. Now is a chance to really play with Time travel and this introduces a great possibility to use Arnold at his current age, a concept I have lomg had in my head is that the T800 was based on a real human....Arnold. I wouldnt worry about who plays who, I would worry about a good script, then a good director something that hasnt happened in this series of films since Jmes Cameron.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 7
RE: A chance to forget 3 and 4 - 16/12/2013 10:55:53 PM   
d0m_l

T3 was bloody terrible. It's Arnie who doesn't get it... from the moment he puts the Elton John style sunglasses on.

(in reply to Carlos06)
Post #: 8
- 17/12/2013 6:15:25 AM   
Retrorube

Honestly what annoyed me about both the films since the two classic originals was the lack of heart or any purpose in the remakes! Not to mention all the daft humour! You don't need to make the terminator a parody of himself! I just found them both to be utterly deprived of any emotional content! I watched T2 a fee weeks back and it's such an amazing film to his day and the moment that Arnie is lowered into the lava is such an iconic moment and the theme song is classic! They took that away in the recent fiasco which I know isn't inportant but it really bugged me! Honestly they can make a better film than the originals so this reboot will fail I guarantee it! I'm sick of them remaking fantastic movies and raping their legacy! Hollywood is and will remain a joke with all these pathetic reboots that do nothing and I won't be watching them unless they are critically acclaimed which they won't be!

Post #: 9
Terminator; Cool But Illogical - 17/12/2013 11:03:55 AM   
Litshttam

What if SkyNet was successful in eliminating John Connor in the past? How could he then grow to manhood to become the threat that necessitated the trans-time assassination attempt in the first place?!

Post #: 10
RE: Terminator; Cool But Illogical - 17/12/2013 3:25:23 PM   
McLovin1981

A serious reboot would mean everything changes! including the casting of Arnie!

(in reply to Litshttam)
Post #: 11
RE: Terminator; Cool But Illogical - 17/12/2013 3:36:24 PM   
King of Kafiristan

This doesn't sound good at all. Hating the way the cast is shaping up, and this project is so unnecessary. This new John Connor is a huge step down from Nick Stahl and Christian Bale.

(in reply to McLovin1981)
Post #: 12
RE: Terminator; Cool But Illogical - 17/12/2013 4:51:48 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Litshttam

What if SkyNet was successful in eliminating John Connor in the past? How could he then grow to manhood to become the threat that necessitated the trans-time assassination attempt in the first place?!

Paradox. That's pretty much the crux of the series - is it even possible for the machines to prevent Connor's birth / kill him in the past, or for Connor to prevent Skynet kicking off in the first place, thus preventing his own birth? Or must these things happen because they already have?

The films suggest a never-ending loop, whereas the Sarah Connor Chronicles suggested alternate timelines. At least that's how I saw it anyway.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to Litshttam)
Post #: 13
RE: Terminator; Cool But Illogical - 17/12/2013 5:24:33 PM   
Litshttam

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Litshttam

Paradox. That's pretty much the crux of the series - is it even possible for the machines to prevent Connor's birth / kill him in the past, or for Connor to prevent Skynet kicking off in the first place, thus preventing his own birth? Or must these things happen because they already have?

The films suggest a never-ending loop, whereas the Sarah Connor Chronicles suggested alternate timelines. At least that's how I saw it anyway.
*head explodes*

"Now dig on this!"

- Peter Parker

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 14
more remakes :( sigh - 18/12/2013 11:20:56 PM   
Gram Woods

Why?
This is so pointless as to be completely uninteresting. Anyone remember when film makers had imagination?

Post #: 15
Reboots - 20/12/2013 6:32:53 PM   
Flower

Why try & make a remake of a classic ?(obviously T1 & T2 not the rest)Remember the surprise at T2 surpassing T1? Its a rarity that a sequel is as good as original, never mind prequels and now bloody reboots. I agree...no imagination!!!

Post #: 16
Why reboot and remake good films? - 21/12/2013 4:11:57 PM   
Jon 79

The only good reason to produce a remake, is if the original was a bit shit. I can name a few remakes that are better than the originals, but I can't name one critically successful remake which was a reboot of something good. (and no, I don't consider the original Trek films as 'good').

Hollywood should only redo movies that looked good on paper but were critical failures, and give them to new directorial talent.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Emilia Clarke Will Be Sarah Connor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI