Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

2013's Biggest WTF Moments In Movies

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 2013's Biggest WTF Moments In Movies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2013's Biggest WTF Moments In Movies - 12/12/2013 5:53:01 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Not very WTF at all... - 12/12/2013 5:53:01 PM   
GrizBe

I seriously think whoever rights these articles for you isn't a comic book fan, or indeed, doesn't watch the movies very closely. The credit sting in Thor TDW.... Firstly, the canister does not contain the Aether. If you know what Gardians of the Galaxy is about and who they are facing, the whole Collector thing makes perfect sense. I don't want to give away any spoilers to people who don't know the comics, but all this is tied together very easily by a single plot point.

I'd think that the bigger WTF moment from the movie would be from the previous 'Odin' scene towards the end. That's made far more people wonder WTF and where are they going with it then the credit sting.

Okay... The whole W.H.O Doctor thing with Capadli isn't wtf in the slightest. Its just a massive coincidence. You have to remember he would have been cast in the role at least a year before the film was finished, so it was a long time before we even knew Matt Smith would be leaving at they'd have to find a new Doctor.

Superman and Zod, again not WTF. Kal is brand new to the role of being the Icon that is Superman. Given the films darker tone it was his 'never again' moment.

< Message edited by GrizBe -- 12/12/2013 5:57:31 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
THE MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ CATCH - 12/12/2013 7:00:12 PM   
themaddogmax

You forgot Vin Diesel is powered by a turbo Diesel engine so is able to make impossible feats we mere mortal can't!

Post #: 3
Going method - 12/12/2013 7:06:54 PM   
Dalif

Christian Bale would've gone all method for We're The Millers

Post #: 4
- 12/12/2013 8:10:05 PM   
legofilmwhofan6

I wonder where poor old Trevor Slattery is in all this. His character reveal in iron man 3 was so WTF that someone in my theatre almost choked on their popcorn!

Post #: 5
RE: - 12/12/2013 11:44:50 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: legofilmwhofan6

I wonder where poor old Trevor Slattery is in all this. His character reveal in iron man 3 was so WTF that someone in my theatre almost choked on their popcorn!

Good point. That was a heck of a huge WTF moment with everyone expecting The Mandarin to be.. well, The Mandarin. Plus, you had Stark blowing up his suits and everything after that too. Those were pretty big WTF moments also.

(in reply to legofilmwhofan6)
Post #: 6
Benicio Del Toro!!! - 13/12/2013 1:03:53 AM   
rjl3810

I Thought that was Javier Bardem!!!! I didn't know it was Benicio Del Toro!!

Post #: 7
brad pitt bolito - 13/12/2013 12:23:34 PM   
bill the butcher

brad pitt in 'the counsellor' with that bolito is maybe kind of a WTF moment

Post #: 8
- 13/12/2013 12:29:41 PM   
Whistler

The Alice Eve stripping thing was unnecessary, sure, but I really don't know why it bothered people so much.

Post #: 9
Man of Steel - 13/12/2013 1:39:39 PM   
ryecatcher1967

Doesn't anyone remember Superman killing Zod in Superman 2 by dropping him into a void, don't see whats so WTF about this.

Post #: 10
RE: Not very WTF at all... - 13/12/2013 2:10:13 PM   
Helen OHara

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

I seriously think whoever rights these articles for you isn't a comic book fan, or indeed, doesn't watch the movies very closely. The credit sting in Thor TDW.... Firstly, the canister does not contain the Aether. If you know what Gardians of the Galaxy is about and who they are facing, the whole Collector thing makes perfect sense. I don't want to give away any spoilers to people who don't know the comics, but all this is tied together very easily by a single plot point.

I'd think that the bigger WTF moment from the movie would be from the previous 'Odin' scene towards the end. That's made far more people wonder WTF and where are they going with it then the credit sting.

Okay... The whole W.H.O Doctor thing with Capadli isn't wtf in the slightest. Its just a massive coincidence. You have to remember he would have been cast in the role at least a year before the film was finished, so it was a long time before we even knew Matt Smith would be leaving at they'd have to find a new Doctor.

Superman and Zod, again not WTF. Kal is brand new to the role of being the Icon that is Superman. Given the films darker tone it was his 'never again' moment.

Hi GrizBe,

Actually, it IS the Aether. We asked Kevin Feige and he said that the Aether is also an Infinity Stone. It's in our spoiler podcast.

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 11
RE: Not very WTF at all... - 13/12/2013 3:18:03 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helen OHara

Hi GrizBe,

Actually, it IS the Aether. We asked Kevin Feige and he said that the Aether is also an Infinity Stone. It's in our spoiler podcast.

Ohh.. okay, I apologise for that. I was going off the comics and what we actually see in the movies. There been zero mention in them of the Aether being an Infinity Stone/Gem. Asked around my friends who run a local comic book store too, seems that nugget about it suddenly being an infinity gem hasn't been widely broadcast yet.

(in reply to Helen OHara)
Post #: 12
RE: Not very WTF at all... - 13/12/2013 5:10:35 PM   
Helen OHara

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

Ohh.. okay, I apologise for that. I was going off the comics and what we actually see in the movies. There been zero mention in them of the Aether being an Infinity Stone/Gem. Asked around my friends who run a local comic book store too, seems that nugget about it suddenly being an infinity gem hasn't been widely broadcast yet.

It's something they've done for the MCU that I actually think is wildly smart: their McGuffins are building to one mega-McGuffin because the Tesseract and Aether are both infinity stones here. Which saves a lot of faffing about later.

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 13
RE: Not very WTF at all... - 13/12/2013 7:10:51 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helen OHara

It's something they've done for the MCU that I actually think is wildly smart: their McGuffins are building to one mega-McGuffin because the Tesseract and Aether are both infinity stones here. Which saves a lot of faffing about later.

Yeah, does make a lot of sense for the movies at least, otherwise you'd still have them all to introduce somehow. Plus, limiting the McGuffins does save having a bunch of artifacts with similar capabilities and the none-comic crowd arguing 'If they've got X, why didn't that use it against Y'. Can see it annoying some fans though, but its nice that they're trying to keep the very confusing Marvel Universe somewhat less confusing.

(in reply to Helen OHara)
Post #: 14
- 13/12/2013 10:33:37 PM   
Darren47

This list WOULD BE LOST without that Alice Eve scene in Star Trek Into Darkness!!

Post #: 15
Union J in Kick Ass 2 - 14/12/2013 12:09:14 AM   
superheromaddie

Seriously, what was that?

Post #: 16
- 14/12/2013 12:35:36 PM   
SammyH31

The guy below can spell Aether right but can't spell writes. I'm sorry, had to be said. True comic book fan!

Post #: 17
RE: - 16/12/2013 9:49:12 AM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: SammyH31

The guy below can spell Aether right but can't spell writes. I'm sorry, had to be said. True comic book fan!

(in reply to SammyH31)
Post #: 18
RE: - 16/12/2013 10:36:06 AM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: SammyH31

Damn you lack of caffine!

(in reply to SammyH31)
Post #: 19
This list --- WTF? - 17/12/2013 7:02:58 AM   
edoinjapan

Cameron Diaz on the windscreen in The Counselor; Alan Partridge getting shot; George Clooney's return in Gravity; the truth behind The Mandarin's identity in Iron Man 3; the shift of narrative focus in The Place Beyond the Pines; David Soul turning up in Filth - all waaaay bigger WTF moments than most of this list.

Post #: 20
This list --- WTF? - 17/12/2013 7:11:00 AM   
edoinjapan

Cameron Diaz on the windscreen in The Counselor; Alan Partridge getting shot; George Clooney's return in Gravity; the truth behind The Mandarin's identity in Iron Man 3; the shift of narrative focus in The Place Beyond the Pines; David Soul turning up in Filth - all waaaay bigger WTF moments than most of this list.

Post #: 21
Hangover III Stinger - 14/1/2014 8:51:19 PM   
Pcurtin

The Hangover III's extra scene after the credits was great, but there were better stingers in 2013: http://www.mediastinger.com/best-movie-stingers-of-2013/

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 2013's Biggest WTF Moments In Movies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI