Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Juan Antoinio Bayona Set For World War Z Sequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Juan Antoinio Bayona Set For World War Z Sequel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Juan Antoinio Bayona Set For World War Z Sequel - 11/12/2013 9:45:28 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 11/12/2013 9:45:28 AM   
olirog

A great choice for director! Good luck.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Commerce and vanity over quality! - 11/12/2013 11:42:23 AM   
Silvio Mugabe

Great, another chance to see Brad Pitt do his weird 'I am Jesus' metaphor thing - hip wound included- and show us all how to be a great husband and parent while he saves the world by driving a plot that makes no sense. I respect the silence of the cinema - like all true film fans - but this rubbish had me twitching and commenting like a 28 Days Later zombie out of frustration. I respect the fact that the movie business is all about the money and without the big films you wouldn't get the small ones but at least give us something that is mainstream and is to a high level of quality. Will the general public accept a second outing of Gerry .T. Saviour? Probably!

Post #: 3
Not a pleasant surprise at all!! - 11/12/2013 11:54:10 AM   
waltham1979

I am really surprised by the comment "it was a pleasant surprise when World War Z emerged to a very solid $533 million". What would have been a 'pleasant surprise' would have been if the film had actually been half decent or original (as the source material is) as opposed to essentially being a big-budget poor Hollywood remake of 28 Days Later.

Post #: 4
RE: Not a pleasant surprise at all!! - 11/12/2013 9:48:14 PM   
sifter132

Well I guess I'm ignorant (haven't seen 28 days later), but just wanted to stick up for World War Z. I hired it last week and enjoyed it quite a lot! I've found myself slowly souring on big budget movies, but I found it intriguing. Star Trek sequel was the one this year that annoyed me as being unoriginal, that was a total 'paint by numbers' effort in my books.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 5
RE: Not a pleasant surprise at all!! - 12/12/2013 12:10:28 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: sifter132

Well I guess I'm ignorant (haven't seen 28 days later), but just wanted to stick up for World War Z. I hired it last week and enjoyed it quite a lot! I've found myself slowly souring on big budget movies, but I found it intriguing. Star Trek sequel was the one this year that annoyed me as being unoriginal, that was a total 'paint by numbers' effort in my books.

To be fair too the film, I was always going to look at it through the rose tinted glasses of the book (of which it bares absolutely no resemblance too); taking that away I would probably think it were ok...albeit still essentially a big-budget poor Hollywood remake of 28 Days Later. But if you should watch that if you enjoyed this...its better in every way!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to sifter132)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Juan Antoinio Bayona Set For World War Z Sequel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI