Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Best Fights Of 2013 - 10/12/2013 11:38:04 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 10/12/2013 11:38:04 AM   
legofilmwhofan6

Not a bad list but where is Thor vs. Malekith in thor the dark world, Khan vs. Spock in star trek into darkness, Zod vs. Jor El in man of steel, Tony stark vs. Aldrich killian in iron man 3.

I thought thor and malekith's dimension jumping smack-down was one of the most engaging and unique fight sequences of the year with them falling through the air across London then beating each other to a pulp and then ending up on jotunheim and letting loose an ice monster was pure gold then returning to London for the final clash. Just a genius way of doing a fight sequence is what I think! Completely unique!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 10/12/2013 12:40:00 PM   
drico

He's absolutely right

(in reply to legofilmwhofan6)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 10/12/2013 1:52:34 PM   
GrizBe

I'm with the other two here, you missed a bunch of great fights that are far better then some of the choices here.

Legofilmwhofan6 has named my top picks for whats missing already. Though I'd also suggest from Kick Ass 2, Justice Forever's raid on the gambling game to rescue the girls. The Mother Russia vs the Cops sequence, even if it is rather one sided, and then Hit Girl vs Mother Russia at the end.

(in reply to drico)
Post #: 4
"The 9/11 Metropolis carnage left an unpleasant af... - 10/12/2013 3:14:54 PM   
jackmanstoletheshow

Is this just more pro-Marvel garbage from Empire? Weren't there shots of people running away from exploding CGI buildings in Avengers Assemble? Which was actually set in New York, rather than a fictional city...

Post #: 5
RE: "The 9/11 Metropolis carnage left an unpleasan... - 10/12/2013 3:50:58 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackmanstoletheshow

Is this just more pro-Marvel garbage from Empire? Weren't there shots of people running away from exploding CGI buildings in Avengers Assemble? Which was actually set in New York, rather than a fictional city...

Metropolis is a DC universe analogue of New York. Heck, its even nicknamed 'The Big Apricot' in a pretty blatent mirroring. Metropolis' landmarks are based on ones in Manhattan in New York. Bob Rozakis, DC's 'Answer Man' has stated that Metropolis and Gotham are Adjacent to NYC, across the harbour from each other. So yes, while Metropolis is a fictional city, it is closely tied into NYC for a lot of DC fans and as such, cut a little close for some people.

(in reply to jackmanstoletheshow)
Post #: 6
"Coup de gras" or coup de grāce - 10/12/2013 3:55:58 PM   
Xanthus

You know, I'm all for you guys using French expressions, it makes up for us pillaging the English language with anglicism, but please get them right ! And I'm pretty sure Hugh Jackman's body fat is pretty much non existent in that particular movie !
Love the Reviews of 2013 though !

< Message edited by Xanthus -- 10/12/2013 3:56:31 PM >

Post #: 7
Get it together you fools - 10/12/2013 7:15:17 PM   
scott flynn

Man of Tai Chi, pretty much every fight sequence in that is better than everything on this list.

Post #: 8
Get it together you fools - 10/12/2013 7:50:28 PM   
scott flynn

Man of Tai Chi, pretty much every fight sequence in that is better than everything on this list.

Post #: 9
Only God Forgives (spoiler alert which I'm not sure Emp... - 10/12/2013 9:12:18 PM   
guysalisbury

This was my most anticipated and disappointing scene of the year by a mile!
Can we even really call it a fight scene when Gosling doest even land a punch?
Still angry at how crap this was!

Post #: 10
Real Life - 11/12/2013 2:18:16 PM   
spark1

compared to 'avengers' it looked like people were really getting killed.
too raw imagery for some to watch.

Post #: 11
Dragon (2013) - 11/12/2013 2:26:11 PM   
jabbashut84

Donnie Yen reveals his true skills against two would be assassins in front of the villagers. Or let's face it, any of them would make my personal top 10.

Post #: 12
Star Trek into Darkness - 11/12/2013 5:58:45 PM   
platapus49

Where the hell was the end fight scene with Benedict Cumberbatch and Zachary Quinto, And come on Only God Forgives was atrocious,worst Ryan Gosling film ever.

Post #: 13
The Decay of American Cinema - 11/12/2013 6:23:38 PM   
MrFugazi

This list, littered with bad movies, is a clear example of the decay of American cinema. The only exception is that of Lincoln (nethertheless, an odd choice).

Post #: 14
RE: "The 9/11 Metropolis carnage left an unpleasan... - 11/12/2013 9:03:26 PM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackmanstoletheshow

Metropolis is a DC universe analogue of New York. Heck, its even nicknamed 'The Big Apricot' in a pretty blatent mirroring. Metropolis' landmarks are based on ones in Manhattan in New York. Bob Rozakis, DC's 'Answer Man' has stated that Metropolis and Gotham are Adjacent to NYC, across the harbour from each other. So yes, while Metropolis is a fictional city, it is closely tied into NYC for a lot of DC fans and as such, cut a little close for some people.

Yes, that and the fact that Man of steel explicitly used 9/11 imagery in a way that all the other building-smashing superhero movies don't. Injured people getting pulled out of rubble, everything covered in ash. Yes, you'll find a lot of people thought that was A Bit Much. Maybe jackmanstoletheshow isn't old enough to actually remember 9/11 so that stuff doesn't bother him/her.

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 15
wheres chinese zodiac??? - 13/12/2013 3:50:12 PM   
bluedub

ok the film was'nt great but jackie chans fighting skills were as good as ever event though he was 58 when the movie was made

Post #: 16
Letty & Riley - 13/12/2013 7:16:35 PM   
brucewood

Gina Carano & Michelle Rodriguez. London Undergorund staircase... Best fight of the year, by far. No discussion.

In a movie filled with some great fight scenes, some ludicrous some down and dirty I can't believe it didn'e even warrant a mention... come on Team!

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Best Fights Of 2013 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI