Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Empire's Music Playlist Of 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Empire's Music Playlist Of 2013 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire's Music Playlist Of 2013 - 8/12/2013 2:29:43 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Hans Zimmer - 8/12/2013 9:52:40 PM   
dseys

Agree on that. It's been an astonishingly great year for Zimmer's fans because he really delivered.

Btw, the article mention the William Tell overture but not the piece as revised by Zimmer, which interplays with the movie's own themes. A really great reorchestration of this famous overture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8P1rHBDwVo

< Message edited by dseys -- 8/12/2013 9:53:06 PM >
Post #: 2
No Eiffel 65? - 9/12/2013 8:00:04 AM   
chapmancmc

Seriously? No "Blue" from Iron Man 3?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
Man Of Steel - 9/12/2013 9:17:24 AM   
Charles B. Potatoes

You misspelt "What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World" from the MoS soundtrack

Post #: 4
No Eiffel 65? - 9/12/2013 9:38:13 AM   
chapmancmc

Seriously? No "Blue" from Iron Man 3?

Post #: 5
Okay wtf? - 9/12/2013 11:23:33 AM   
GrizBe

Okay.. Serously Empire... what the hell is up with you deleting posts lately? Its starting to feel like your turning this place into a dictatorship where people who don't agree with you are removed.

Post #: 6
Slow going - 9/12/2013 11:33:53 AM   
jackmanstoletheshow

When will these lists be easier to navigate? A different, clunky url for each entry is pretty poor and the site, in general, is way overdue a revamp.

As for deleting comments, there is a touch of Pravda about the magazine. I mean, Iron Man 3 as one of the year's top 10 films? Ha ha. Doesn't quite trump naming Avengers Assemble as #1 for 2012 but seriously, the studio kiss-assing could be subtler.

Post #: 7
RE: Okay wtf? - 9/12/2013 12:11:21 PM   
Helen OHara

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

Okay.. Serously Empire... what the hell is up with you deleting posts lately? Its starting to feel like your turning this place into a dictatorship where people who don't agree with you are removed.

I don't believe we have been. Sometimes when the mods are (doing a sterling job of) removing spam our ancient and creaky system means that other posts also disappear, but that's not something anyone is doing on purpose to the best of my knowledge.

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 8
RE: Slow going - 9/12/2013 1:03:19 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackmanstoletheshow

When will these lists be easier to navigate? A different, clunky url for each entry is pretty poor and the site, in general, is way overdue a revamp.

As for deleting comments, there is a touch of Pravda about the magazine. I mean, Iron Man 3 as one of the year's top 10 films? Ha ha. Doesn't quite trump naming Avengers Assemble as #1 for 2012 but seriously, the studio kiss-assing could be subtler.

I'd agree... if 'deleting spam posts' can result in the removal of 20+ legitimate posts from a single thread, the website could do with an overhall.

Personally, I loved Iron Man 3. Yes, its nowhere near Avengers, but its not as bed as some people make out. Hell, it was a lot better then IM2.

As for ass-kissing, I think that was more on show with the 'best steelbooks' article with its handy 'buy here' links.

(in reply to jackmanstoletheshow)
Post #: 9
RE: Slow going - 9/12/2013 1:33:02 PM   
elab49

As Helen says, this is nothing to do with the content of ANY post and as we've made this clear elsewhere it's unfair to suggest otherwise.

We know this because we had a major problem with spammers a couple of years ago which is when we discovered the 'delete all' for their posts could remove other linked posts - content simply is not a factor.

At the moment we have a run of spammers advertising work from home dodgy website stuff. They come in and get around 20 or so posts in 3-4 times a day. It's not remotely of the scale of the last big problem - pages and pages of the stuff. But it is, unfortunately, something that's getting through the updated spam filtering on the site.

We are sorry others posts get removed but we discovered last time that posting within the forum and not posting in the chain reply of a spammer normally left posts in place. Not always, but normally. THe problem with assuming there is nothing above you is exacerbated by the delay between posts appearing from the main site within the forum thread.

It's old and creaky, but it is ours

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 10
RE: Man Of Steel - 9/12/2013 4:09:07 PM   
7eke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles B. Potatoes

You misspelt "What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World" from the MoS soundtrack

What he said.

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy

(in reply to Charles B. Potatoes)
Post #: 11
Alex de Large would not be impressed with No 2... - 9/12/2013 4:30:24 PM   
paolo99

It's Ludwig van Beethoven, not von, and the music you've posted is from the ninth symphony.

Post #: 12
Music playlists2013 - 9/12/2013 10:10:03 PM   
postmanaidy

What about Joe Cocker " feeling alright" from the flight movie sound track ?

Post #: 13
Pity - 9/12/2013 10:35:35 PM   
kingtolkien

It's a pity you forgot Williams' Lincoln. Goldsmith's Under Fire in Django and of course it is a shame to say that Zimmer's Superman theme is as good as Williams'. Really?

Post #: 14
- 17/12/2013 7:58:05 AM   
rudii

What surprises me is the omission of Frozen totally!

Post #: 15
hmm... - 18/12/2013 8:54:03 PM   
KarinaVedel

one of the most memorable music tracks I remember hearing in the cinema is 2013 was "I'm Blue" by Eiffel 65 in Iron Man 3 - it was so unexpected when it started playing after such an "intense" speech from Tony before the Marvel logo came on screen, and I find it weird that it isn't included on your list, I must say... =/

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Empire's Music Playlist Of 2013 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI