Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Disney Makes A Deal For Indiana Jones

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Disney Makes A Deal For Indiana Jones Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disney Makes A Deal For Indiana Jones - 7/12/2013 4:06:04 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Makin this up as they go... - 7/12/2013 2:43:58 PM   
Cool Breeze

It will be a reboot.Ford is way too old now to play Indy.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''
Post #: 2
RE: Makin this up as they go... - 8/12/2013 12:28:26 PM   
shinning_like_me

No One But Only HARRISON FORD!!!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 3
RE: Makin this up as they go... - 8/12/2013 7:33:29 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: shinning_like_me

No One But Only HARRISON FORD!!!

Hes too old.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to shinning_like_me)
Post #: 4
RE: Makin this up as they go... - 9/12/2013 10:28:40 AM   
Artoo

I know you should never say never and all that, and I know some reboots of other franchises and the recasting of beloved characters has worked well (Chris Pine in Star Trek for instance), but I just can't see Indiana Jones working without Harrison Ford as the titular hero! I mean - who else could fill those boots? It'd have to be a ruggedly handsome actor that can do comedy, action and romance as well as Harrison Ford did - which frankly is one hell of an ask!!

I suppose maybe someone like Channing Tatum would be a good place to start, but even saying that makes me feel all dirty and like I should wash my proverbial mouth out for it!

I'm both interested and terrified at the same time about how they proceed with this. Please don't take an even bigger shit on the franchise than you did already with Crystal Skull!!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

Post #: 5
can't get worse - 9/12/2013 11:43:49 AM   
JosteinAsk

than it already is....Indy and SW both

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 6
- 9/12/2013 12:45:02 PM   
chris wootton

I think we'll still see one more Harrison movie. Inevitably it will reboot in a few years.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 7
RE: - 9/12/2013 1:38:36 PM   
Sotto Voce

Ford could maybe do one more, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of another one. And rebooting......it just seems too soon to accept anyone else in the role.

I think they should create a new character and do those B-grade scifi stories that George Lucas wanted to do with Indy. Kentucky Smith and the Attack of the Giant Ants.
Easy.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 8
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 10:07:29 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Ford could maybe do one more, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of another one. And rebooting......it just seems too soon to accept anyone else in the role.

I think they should create a new character and do those B-grade scifi stories that George Lucas wanted to do with Indy. Kentucky Smith and the Attack of the Giant Ants.
Easy.

You realise that Ford isnt the only actor to have played Indiana Jones right?

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 11:29:25 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Easy.

You realise that Ford isnt the only actor to have played Indiana Jones right?

You mean River Phoenix and whoever played him in that Young Indiana Jones show? They're the only ones that I know of.
Of course they could recast the role,its just I think a lot of fans of the originals will find it a bit difficult to warm to.

All things digested have a similar hue.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Disney Makes A Deal For Indiana Jones Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI