Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

X-Men: Apocalypse - The Facts

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> X-Men: Apocalypse - The Facts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X-Men: Apocalypse - The Facts - 6/12/2013 11:19:17 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 7/12/2013 10:36:28 AM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

Since Fox has the rights to X-men Movies and Marvel/Disney have the rights to 'The Avengers', there is no reason in film that we couldn't see Idris Elba as Apocalypse, given that because of movie rights ownership, they're in two completely separate universes.

I don't think they mean it's a rights issue - just that it's unlikely that the same actor would play a big role in two Marvel franchises at the same time. Elba's whole life would be Marvel!
Post #: 2
RE: - 7/12/2013 12:47:48 PM   
Osric

Yeah I take your point, but Evans and Reynolds weren't playing those roles simultaneously. Evans' FF gig was finished when he did Cap, and there's like a five year gap. Likewise Reynolds was in Blade, then a few years later he was in Wolverine, then a few years later he was Green Lantern. You're saying that it wouldn't be an issue for Elba to be Heimdal and Apocalypse at the same time. I'm not disagreeing that he'd be good casting - it's just not a realistic expectation.

< Message edited by Osric -- 8/12/2013 11:13:53 PM >
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 9:55:10 AM   
Osric

Hey, where've the rest of the comments gone? Why am I suddenly all alone??

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 9:56:55 AM   
bobthegrinch

Idris Elba did Marvel's Thor which came out in 2011. In the same year he appeared in Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance for Sony based on a Marvel comic.

Speculation on who's playing Apocalypse aside, I don't think he's too concerned with comic book politics when choosing roles.

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 5
- 9/12/2013 10:15:16 AM   
danielthompson99

Lawrence Fishburne FTW

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 11:29:30 AM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osric

Hey, where've the rest of the comments gone? Why am I suddenly all alone??

Wondering exactly the same. A bunch of posts have gone missing from a lot of different articles.

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 11:32:28 AM   
elab49

It happens if multiple spam posts are removed in one go.

Posts are normally safe if you post them via the forum rather than the main site.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 8
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 11:39:45 AM   
GrizBe

Somethings up with the system then considering a bunch I've made via the forum have gone missing.

Edit: Ohh.. and a bunch of articles that have had missing posts had no spam type posts either.

< Message edited by GrizBe -- 9/12/2013 11:40:39 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 11:43:47 AM   
elab49

That you've seen - they'll have been and gone before you saw them.

And I did say normally - not always.

You could also make sure you don't reply to a post that may have inadvertently followed and replied to spam - repling to the top post eg.

It isn't a guarantee, but if one ID has 20 spam posts they're not going to be individually removed.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 9/12/2013 12:52:06 PM   
GrizBe

See.. I've not seen anything like that happen, which is what made me wonder. As said, I've seen a bunch of my own posts, and those of other posters removed, and there were zero spam posts of the usual 'I made $400 selling handbags' type you seem to get a lot of anywhere in said thread.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 11
Apocalypse - 10/12/2013 12:49:58 PM   
airbornekiwi

Bout time. sure, Magneto is probably one of the most iconic bad guys of all time, but having the X-Men/Wolverine movies ignore the likes of Apocalypse, Onslaught, Mr Sinister has been a travesty.

Post #: 12
AWESOME STORY ARC - 10/12/2013 3:09:50 PM   
zain110

En Sabah Nur actually meant 'The first morning light'. cannot wait for this to come out and see how it is executed. a MASSIVE villain to get on the silver screen will be a challenge, im sure disney have got the money to do it though.

Post #: 13
This could be massive! - 10/12/2013 8:54:17 PM   
Chunky72

I would like to see a Xforce crossover with the Xmen to take on the big Fella with some other bad guys thrown into the Mix, Mr Sinister etc. Cable could be used as the tie in between the two teams and with the time travel aspect the earlier Xmen (First Class) could be involved. I mentioned the Rock earlier to play Apocalypse, however what about Vin Diesel, now I know he is voicing Groot but I am sure that he said he had talks with Marvel about playing another character ( I know that they are different studios but hey its Marvel) in the future, he has the build and the voice a bit of grey paint and taddahhh. Whatever happens I hope that it is epic like the Avengers.

Post #: 14
- 12/12/2013 11:58:57 PM   
Deacon Frost

Didn't Vin Diesel have a top secret meeting with Marvel a couple of months ago? Seem to recall him tweeting something about it and mentioning a huge project on the horizon.

Got to be said, now that I have thought about it, he would have the physique, the voice, the intimidating presence. He would be perfect for this role. I wonder....

Post #: 15
RE: - 13/12/2013 4:32:58 PM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deacon Frost

Didn't Vin Diesel have a top secret meeting with Marvel a couple of months ago? Seem to recall him tweeting something about it and mentioning a huge project on the horizon.

I believe this was actually to do with him providing the voice and mo-cap for Groot in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy.

(in reply to Deacon Frost)
Post #: 16
RE: - 13/12/2013 8:07:35 PM   
BlueMismar

that was Marvel/Disney, X-Men is owned by FOX.

(in reply to Deacon Frost)
Post #: 17
RE: RE: - 31/12/2013 9:28:31 PM   
bileven

so, bit of confusion in your post... just to clarify, Marvel Comics owns X-Men.

20th Century Fox owns the rights to produce several Marvel Comics movies, including X-Men, Fantastic Four and any spin-offs, like the pending X-Factor project.

Disney owns the rights to produce Marvel Comics "Avengers"

Other movie studios also own other Marvel Comic rights, like the Fox abandoned project for Deadpool was bought up by New Line Cinema.

BUT, Marvel is all of them... they are all works created by or under Stan Lee. Marvel still owns the name of all of them, the studios merely have an exclusive contract, and they can lose, abandon or sell off those rights at any time...

They are going to have an interesting time with the next project, Age of Apocalypse, considering the story line inter-twined X-Men and Avengers. Being Thor the only true equal.

(in reply to BlueMismar)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> X-Men: Apocalypse - The Facts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI