Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Releases New Stills

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Amazing Spider-Man 2 Releases New Stills Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amazing Spider-Man 2 Releases New Stills - 4/12/2013 7:32:42 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 4/12/2013 7:32:42 AM   
steveg66

Jamie Foxx looks like a neon lit mutant from the Omega Man.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Ooooo - 4/12/2013 9:26:17 AM   
waltham1979

Getting really quite excited about this and it is all leading rather nicely too a Sinister Six(esq) third film by the looky. Like the look of Rhino - gimme a trailer already!!

Post #: 3
Too many eggs? - 4/12/2013 10:53:00 AM   
Oroborous

Three major villains in only the second film? This really feels like they are throwing too many eggs at one basket. This couldn't possibly go wrong... surely?
Atleast you can tell the Electro character is going to be relatable and gritty, I mean look at him wearing that hoody like a regular joe on the street. They've clearly really nailed a sense of relevance to modern culture. Fantastic.

Post #: 4
RE: Too many eggs? - 4/12/2013 11:31:11 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oroborous

Three major villains in only the second film? This really feels like they are throwing too many eggs at one basket. This couldn't possibly go wrong... surely?
Atleast you can tell the Electro character is going to be relatable and gritty, I mean look at him wearing that hoody like a regular joe on the street. They've clearly really nailed a sense of relevance to modern culture. Fantastic.

I don't think it matters how many villains are in a piece, I do think people need too get over what happened in Spiderman 3. That film didn't work as an additional character was thrown in at the last minute and it was just badly written, directed and acted - it would have been shit even if Venom hadn't of turned up at the last minute. Other films have pulled off multiple villains and characters with aplomb (The Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, X-Men 2 etc) so there is no reason too suspect this won't be any different...*crosses fingers and closes eyes really tight*

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 5
Oh No... - 4/12/2013 11:41:31 AM   
logan 5

My fears for this sequel have sadly been realised 3 villains in and the Rhino looks like...a mechanical rhino oh dear lord no put him on a military exo skeleton developed by Oscorp to keep the human element in place and from what i have seen from the trailer( ahem) too much slapstick comedy instead of witty one liners like in the first movie please please please Gods of Marvel let me be wrong... Nufff Said !

Post #: 6
- 4/12/2013 12:15:05 PM   
Gazzabrook

the screen shots look awesome, but the main poster is still leaving me upset, Rhino in a Robot suit is fine, google ultimate Rhino and you'll understand - but goblin, I don't mind him making a cameo but leave it at a cameo don't try and make him a main villain, unless this isn't Green Goblin but Hob Goblin or Proto Goblin

Post #: 7
Electro or the MCP? - 4/12/2013 2:14:25 PM   
christofurr

...End of Line.

Post #: 8
RE: Too many eggs? - 4/12/2013 3:10:08 PM   
Oroborous

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

I don't think it matters how many villains are in a piece, I do think people need too get over what happened in Spiderman 3. That film didn't work as an additional character was thrown in at the last minute and it was just badly written, directed and acted - it would have been shit even if Venom hadn't of turned up at the last minute. Other films have pulled off multiple villains and characters with aplomb (The Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, X-Men 2 etc) so there is no reason too suspect this won't be any different...*crosses fingers and closes eyes really tight*

I've not got that much against spiderman 3, I don't think the multiple villains was the problem with the film at all, it just didn't help. What is disconcerting about this is the whole 'spiderman's biggest fight ever!!!!' thing. Surely he's not been spiderman for much more than a year? There isn't going to be enough of a build up to something like that, it just seems like they're desperately trying to make it 'epic' to compete with films like the avengers, and have crammed what would have made more sense stretched over several films, into one installment, which is the follow up to a film that barely held together as it was. Considering how poor the villain was in the first film, it's reasonable to suggest that it may be a stretch too far to expect to pull off three such significant villains in the sequel with a great enough degree of integrity and narrative sophistication to make them all engaging.
Concerning the three films you've mentioned, in the Dark Knight Rises there was only focus on one major villain through most of the film, and the roots of the villains involved had been planted in Batman Begins. In Avengers there had been a whole series of individual films developing characters and building the universe, justifying a significantly expansive involvement of events and villainous characters in the Avengers itself, but, like Rises, focus was mostly just on one villain. X-Men 2 however, is crap either way.
I'm not suggesting a 3 villain plot can't be done successfully, but given the context of this film and how it's presenting itself, there doesn't seem to be a vast amount of hope that such success will occur here. Then again, there's always some hope, no matter how small, for everything.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 9
Electro wearing a hoody! - 4/12/2013 6:35:05 PM   
Jonny24

me and all my fellow shopping mall hoodies are happy the makers of The Amazing Sequel to Spider-Man's Reboot is in tune with modern culture. As been said already. Keepin it real near a moroniplex near you!

Post #: 10
RE: Too many eggs? - 5/12/2013 1:07:19 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oroborous

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

I've not got that much against spiderman 3, I don't think the multiple villains was the problem with the film at all, it just didn't help. What is disconcerting about this is the whole 'spiderman's biggest fight ever!!!!' thing. Surely he's not been spiderman for much more than a year? There isn't going to be enough of a build up to something like that, it just seems like they're desperately trying to make it 'epic' to compete with films like the avengers, and have crammed what would have made more sense stretched over several films, into one installment, which is the follow up to a film that barely held together as it was. Considering how poor the villain was in the first film, it's reasonable to suggest that it may be a stretch too far to expect to pull off three such significant villains in the sequel with a great enough degree of integrity and narrative sophistication to make them all engaging.
Concerning the three films you've mentioned, in the Dark Knight Rises there was only focus on one major villain through most of the film, and the roots of the villains involved had been planted in Batman Begins. In Avengers there had been a whole series of individual films developing characters and building the universe, justifying a significantly expansive involvement of events and villainous characters in the Avengers itself, but, like Rises, focus was mostly just on one villain. X-Men 2 however, is crap either way.
I'm not suggesting a 3 villain plot can't be done successfully, but given the context of this film and how it's presenting itself, there doesn't seem to be a vast amount of hope that such success will occur here. Then again, there's always some hope, no matter how small, for everything.

You got all of that from one poster??

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Amazing Spider-Man 2 Releases New Stills Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI