Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Empire's Transformers: Age Of Extinction Cover Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Transformers: Age Of Extinction Cover Arrives Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire's Transformers: Age Of Extinction Cover Arrives - 25/11/2013 10:29:10 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
really? - 25/11/2013 10:29:10 AM   
tejo

Really? A Transformers cover?
Another issue to skip I guess.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
That image of Bay - 25/11/2013 11:21:49 AM   
d0m_l

Great shot of Michael "fucking the frame" there. What an auteur. What an esteemed wordsmith for that matter.

Post #: 3
Cover - 25/11/2013 11:43:13 AM   
Draven Cage

You will really not bother reading any other part of the magazine because a Transformer is on the cover, Tejo? Are you really that shallow and elitist?

< Message edited by Draven Cage -- 25/11/2013 11:49:04 AM >

Post #: 4
bay overload - 25/11/2013 12:19:09 PM   
bryanbotsareli

Yeah we dont need to publicise this film on the cover, the last two where rubbish, loads more films i am sure would have been worthy of a cover slot, will still buy it though

Post #: 5
Poor cover - 25/11/2013 12:33:29 PM   
pgmark

One of the reasons I stopped my prescription was because there is too much focus on films that lack any real promise. Just because Mark Wahlberg is in this now and it is going to be bigger and better than means nothing. The last two were poor. Poor even for a shot at kids. Every audience they were aimed at was missed by a wide margin. Cover issue equals big story. This does not interest me. Nor does the seventh (or however many) article about the Hobbit.

Empire gave the first 4 stars so warranted a good look at the second. That got 3, then the third got 2. They need to stand their ground and say we wil not cover this as the previous have not met a good enough standard to deserve this much attention.

Post #: 6
RE: Poor cover - 25/11/2013 1:25:27 PM   
Moronifighter

Which GP prescribes Empire Mag? I need to know NOW!

quote:

ORIGINAL: pgmark

quote:

I stopped my prescription
w

(in reply to pgmark)
Post #: 7
RE: Empire's Transformers: Age Of Extinction Cover Arrives - 25/11/2013 1:35:29 PM   
MonsterCat

I certainly wouldn't give Michael Bay's brand of icky misogyny any more publicity than it really deserves.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 8
WHAT HAPPENED? - 25/11/2013 2:41:12 PM   
El-Branden Brazil

I have been reading Empire since it started, but I must express my dismay at the shift of focus over the years. The past few years, every cover seems to have a superhero or some other fantasy whatever. Gone are the days of being a cinema magazine. WHAT HAPPENED TO ART, QUALITY & INTEGRITY? It seems like we are heading into the Dark Ages again.

< Message edited by El-Branden Brazil -- 25/11/2013 3:53:42 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: WHAT HAPPENED? - 25/11/2013 4:35:33 PM   
Fincher

I have to agree. I miss other movie types on the cover.

(in reply to El-Branden Brazil)
Post #: 10
RE: Poor cover - 25/11/2013 4:59:11 PM   
pgmark

Shame on me for mixing up the words prescription and subscription. It has to be said, I have truly learned a valuable lesson. I hang my head in shame and apologise to you Moronifighter for my terrible ways. I will make sure from now on I proof read every comment I make upon these forums and see to it that it never happens again. I hope your crusade to shame and humiliate those that make mistakes against the English language continues to embarrass anyone who dares to put a comment on here that is actually about the article in question. People like me need to be taught how to behave on public forums and that we do indeed need to hold writing each and every part of our comment in meticulous and exact detail as well as checking it thouroughly as more important than getting our point across. Once again, thank you. I owe you so much.

(in reply to Moronifighter)
Post #: 11
RE: WHAT HAPPENED? - 25/11/2013 5:14:17 PM   
dseys

Take a look at the past issues' covers: only high profile movies. It's never changed. It's just that, now, superhero and scifi movies are the better sellers. If Empire decided to put only auteurish movies on the covers, they wouldn't sell as many issues as they do now, and then they'd have to fire some of their amazing writers, reduce the thickness of the magazine, cover less and less movies... so on. And then they would disappear.

Sometimes it can be disappointing, but holy shit this is just a cover, whose purpose is to attract a wide audience. Just open the magazine and the content is fucking great and very diverse, from the biggest to the smallest movies. Plus, as a film-lover, you need to keep your eyes/mind open to the world. There are movies for everyone's tastes, and movies are never entirely good or entirely bad. Movies are the result of hundreds of people's hard work, would you really tell each of them that his work sucked? With an open mind you learn to recognize some qualities even when you dislike a movie (or the opposite). This is what Empire generally does. Transformers movies are exciting and definitely have some strong points, this one is maybe the biggest movie of next summer, plus it seems like a new start in another direction, why would they just snob it? Their judgement will come in June. Meanwhile, Empire had to cover it exactly the same way they cover other high-profile movies.

... does someone know what the subscriber's cover looks like?

< Message edited by dseys -- 25/11/2013 5:15:18 PM >

(in reply to Fincher)
Post #: 12
It's awesome - 25/11/2013 7:15:18 PM   
Paulieman

Eh what are you talking about Tejo and dseys? The cover is awesome. And im looking forward to the new Transformers movie, the last one sucked but this is a reboot and I think the new Transformers movie will redeem the series

Post #: 13
RE: WHAT HAPPENED? - 25/11/2013 7:56:32 PM   
Fincher

quote:

ORIGINAL: dseys

Take a look at the past issues' covers: only high profile movies. It's never changed. It's just that, now, superhero and scifi movies are the better sellers. If Empire decided to put only auteurish movies on the covers, they wouldn't sell as many issues as they do now, and then they'd have to fire some of their amazing writers, reduce the thickness of the magazine, cover less and less movies... so on. And then they would disappear.

Sometimes it can be disappointing, but holy shit this is just a cover, whose purpose is to attract a wide audience. Just open the magazine and the content is fucking great and very diverse, from the biggest to the smallest movies. Plus, as a film-lover, you need to keep your eyes/mind open to the world. There are movies for everyone's tastes, and movies are never entirely good or entirely bad. Movies are the result of hundreds of people's hard work, would you really tell each of them that his work sucked? With an open mind you learn to recognize some qualities even when you dislike a movie (or the opposite). This is what Empire generally does. Transformers movies are exciting and definitely have some strong points, this one is maybe the biggest movie of next summer, plus it seems like a new start in another direction, why would they just snob it? Their judgement will come in June. Meanwhile, Empire had to cover it exactly the same way they cover other high-profile movies.

... does someone know what the subscriber's cover looks like?

You make a fair point. I guess.

(in reply to dseys)
Post #: 14
It's Transformers - 26/11/2013 9:23:52 AM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paulieman
Eh what are you talking about Tejo and dseys? The cover is awesome. And im looking forward to the new Transformers movie, the last one sucked but this is a reboot and I think the new Transformers movie will redeem the series

How is this a reboot?

(in reply to Paulieman)
Post #: 15
RE: It's Transformers - 26/11/2013 10:34:42 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paulieman

How is this a reboot?

Well, clearly they've completely redesigned Optimus Prime so that now he's a big shiny red and blue robot instead of a big shiny blue and red robot with one arm.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 16
Sittin' on the cock of the Bay... - 26/11/2013 6:37:29 PM   
Jonny24

...just wasting our time, tiii~iii~iii~iii~mmme.....
*whistle*

Post #: 17
- 27/11/2013 1:14:18 PM   
DanTDavies

The last 2 films were amongst the worst, the very, very worst films I have ever seen. This view is shared by everyone I know. Why therefore is Empire giving the latest film a cover? Paid marketing?

Post #: 18
RE: It's Transformers - 27/11/2013 4:18:28 PM   
pgmark

There are a number of movies that will be better than this one come next summer and are far more anticipated; X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Godzilla, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Edge of Tomorrow, Sin City. How many of these will be cover issues? I bet Spiderman gets another and so will Bay's other project TMNT (though I won't mind this one so much) as Dan T Travis has it right. Paid Marketing.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 19
RE: It's Transformers - 27/11/2013 6:28:00 PM   
dseys

Last year I also wondered why several high profile movies weren't on the cover, such as Oblivion, Elysium, The Lone Ranger, Pacific Rim, Kick Ass 2, and even The World's End. The answer was: judging by the numbers, they clearly weren't as anticipated as I wanted them to be. Transfomers 4 will make more money than most of the movies you named here, like it or not but Empire seems pretty much aware of what movie should be on the cover in order to attract the broadest audience.

(in reply to pgmark)
Post #: 20
RE: Its Transformers - 20/1/2014 8:43:41 PM   
Darren47

I will admit, I have high tolerance for Bayhem. but I have zero tolerance for this being the cover for the 2014 preview! what the hell! you could have done a cover for (probably most likely) better movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Dragon 2, X-Men, and Godzilla! its just a shame that empire covered such a bloated franchise that could have been actually really good without any Sam Witwicky or any of his comrades. hopefully, with a new cast, T4 will be okay. but I don't like Nicola Peltz casting decision. (who was horrendous in the Last Airbender)

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Transformers: Age Of Extinction Cover Arrives Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI