Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THIS IS ME

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: THIS IS ME Page: <<   < prev  455 456 [457] 458 459   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THIS IS ME - 13/9/2012 12:41:39 AM   
Rhubarb

Not posted in here for awhile (don't have pictures taken of me that often really), so here's one from the weekend

And here is Claude Monet

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 13681
RE: THIS IS ME - 13/9/2012 12:52:39 AM   
FritzlFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

Let's be honest, though, who wouldn't want to stroke his hair?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

Child labour is necessary in the short term

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 13682
RE: THIS IS ME - 13/9/2012 5:52:40 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
It's mainly, for me at least, a more holistic form of banter. Why tell one friend a joke when you can tell lots?

So it's about attention seeking from the biggest crowd you can find?

But take everything you said and apply it to my problems with using Facebook. I'm a fairly private person, I'm in touch with everyone I want to be in touch with, I don't really do the whole picture thing. The pictures that are most important to me are ones I wouldn't want sharing with a wider audience of people anyway, because they're links to personal moments in time for me, they don't really belong to anyone else other than the people in the photo with me. So are there any other benefits to the site? Again, genuine question.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I did join but there was not one aspect about it I liked. It was a constant barrage of trivial nothingness that I didn't want to know and there was nothing at all I wanted to post that I wanted everyone I friended to know. The most annoying thing was all the friend requests I got from people who wouldn't give me the time of day day years ago. Hated the bloody place and am so glad I left.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 13683
RE: THIS IS ME - 13/9/2012 7:57:35 AM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

quote:

It's mainly, for me at least, a more holistic form of banter. Why tell one friend a joke when you can tell lots?

But take everything you said and apply it to my problems with using Facebook. I'm a fairly private person, I'm in touch with everyone I want to be in touch with, I don't really do the whole picture thing. The pictures that are most important to me are ones I wouldn't want sharing with a wider audience of people anyway, because they're links to personal moments in time for me, they don't really belong to anyone else other than the people in the photo with me. So are there any other benefits to the site? Again, genuine question.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I did join but there was not one aspect about it I liked. It was a constant barrage of trivial nothingness that I didn't want to know and there was nothing at all I wanted to post that I wanted everyone I friended to know. The most annoying thing was all the friend requests I got from people who wouldn't give me the time of day day years ago. Hated the bloody place and am so glad I left.

I didn't have Facebook until I went to University, and I'm getting rid of it as soon as I graduate. The reason I got it is that as everyone else is on it, it is so much easier to organise events (especially for the holidays when back home). But it's going in a couple of years anyway, because I talk and write to my friends if I want to contact them.

I don't ever post statuses or anything - in fact, most of my friends don't either.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 13684
RE: THIS IS ME - 13/9/2012 3:52:26 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

So that's different from F&G...how?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 13685
RE: THIS IS ME - 13/9/2012 8:56:10 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

F&G is more fun!

And you have the option to not look there

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 13/9/2012 8:59:15 PM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 13686
RE: This Is Me - 16/9/2012 8:23:57 AM   
Sledge Hammer

This is me with Roddy Rowdy Piper a few weeks ago:

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 13687
RE: This Is Me - 18/10/2012 12:11:16 AM   
The2ndRing

Me and my daughter being very distinguished

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 13688
RE: This Is Me - 18/10/2012 7:08:42 AM   
sanchia

Getting a good start on Movember there.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 13689
RE: THIS IS ME - 19/10/2012 3:35:05 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I just signed up for Facebook now and it seems to want to know everything about me....Its annoying me already.

Also I notice my mate has 234 friends..do you really need to know that many people?

It's not all bad. It's the only way we get to talk to Borstal now he doesn't come around here any more. We get to see Mrs Borstal too but we don't put strange lyrics under photos of her because that's just strange.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 13690
RE: THIS IS ME - 21/10/2012 1:19:28 AM   
steffols

This is such an awful photo of me but I don't even care. This is me in the middle and my best friend after The Gaslight Anthem gig with the one, the only Brian Fallon himself

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 13691
RE: THIS IS ME - 21/10/2012 9:00:18 AM   
sanchia

It looks a bit like he is photobombing you,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 13692
RE: THIS IS ME - 21/10/2012 11:56:13 AM   
steffols

There was a bit of a kerfuffle. My friend was pushing me to stand over on his other side and he wanted to stand at the side, so for about five seconds I was just standing looking at his rucksack then he looked behind to see where I was and I just sort of pose there. We both had to crouch though cause he's such a tiny man! If me and her stood upright, we would have towered over him, and I can't be doing that with one of my heroes!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 13693
RE: THIS IS ME - 21/10/2012 12:08:23 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Quite jealous of you steffols, Fallon is a god!

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 13694
RE: THIS IS ME - 29/10/2012 10:17:19 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Living up to my username. Off to an all-you-can-eat buffet. Hope they let me in...

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 13695
RE: THIS IS ME - 29/10/2012 10:24:40 AM   
Hobbitonlass

You're looking a bit trim their Mr Simpson!  (Maybe not so much after the all you can eat buffet!)

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 13696
RE: THIS IS ME - 29/10/2012 4:49:50 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Nearly distracted by the grammatical error to not realise that was a compliment! Thank you!

I assure you, it's an illusion of the camera...

I am now rather full.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 13697
RE: THIS IS ME - 29/10/2012 4:51:09 PM   
jonson

I'm guessing you could dribble your dinner down that T-shirt and still get away with it

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 13698
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 12:22:28 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 13699
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 12:37:49 AM   
Deviation

Is this what you're doing instead of ridding us of the spamming?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 13700
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 1:50:07 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I was doing that as well.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 13701
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 5:55:04 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

I was doing that as well.

I read this without the context.

Post #: 13702
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 6:45:36 PM   
SadFace

A photo from last night, just before a group of us went on the uni Hallowe'en bar crawl (I'm on the left, minus the wig unfortunately):

And one without the fancy dress:

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 13703
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 7:15:02 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

quote:

quote:

I didn't have Facebook until I went to University, and I'm getting rid of it as soon as I graduate. The reason I got it is that as everyone else is on it, it is so much easier to organise events (especially for the holidays when back home). But it's going in a couple of years anyway, because I talk and write to my friends if I want to contact them.

You'll need it when you leave uni because everyone gets lives and jobs and everything gets more depressing and you won't see or speak to each other anymore.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 13704
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 7:39:11 PM   
sanchia

Rinc you pragmatic realist with your depressing truth.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 13705
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 9:58:57 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Rinc you pragmatic realist with your depressing truth.

For some reason I read that as a Radio style jingle.

"Rinc! The prag-ma-tic re-a-list with the de-press-ing truuuuuth! Fridays, 11pm."

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 13706
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 10:16:18 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

You'll need it when you leave uni because everyone gets lives and jobs and everything gets more depressing and you won't see or speak to each other anymore.

I'm quite lucky in that respect, I still speak to my uni mates and get to meet up with some of them quite regularly for a drink. Plus we all get together at least once or twice a year and get utterly smashed, which isn't bad going since we graduated 11 years ago and most of them are married with kids now.

Haven't seen or spoken to any of my old schoolmates this century though.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 13707
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 10:51:05 PM   
Valanya

At the zoo earlier today, excited to see a baby giraffe

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 13708
RE: THIS IS ME - 1/11/2012 11:47:43 PM   
Shifty Bench

Does that person beside you have a purple head?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 13709
RE: THIS IS ME - 2/11/2012 12:29:00 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I'm quite lucky in that respect, I still speak to my uni mates and get to meet up with some of them quite regularly for a drink. Plus we all get together at least once or twice a year and get utterly smashed, which isn't bad going since we graduated 11 years ago and most of them are married with kids now.

Haven't seen or spoken to any of my old schoolmates this century though.

I do actually see my uni mates too. Live round the corner from one and go out for drinks with a few others. There's a few I probably only keep in contact with because of Facebook but I was mainly just being the pragmatic realist with the depressing truth everyone knows and loves (Fridays 11pm).

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 13710
Page:   <<   < prev  455 456 [457] 458 459   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: THIS IS ME Page: <<   < prev  455 456 [457] 458 459   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI