Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gravity and the theme of Birth

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Gravity and the theme of Birth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gravity and the theme of Birth - 22/11/2013 10:31:50 PM   
Mr Grady

Spoilers. Watching this stunning masterpiece got me thinking about the the underlying theme. Clearly Ryan is in the Foetal position at one stage, the tube representing an umbilical cord. The thrust to Earth representing the birth canal, and the water being amniotic fluid, she even had to stagger to her feet like an infant. The themes are about life and death are very present throughout the film. I don't usually analyse films like this, however this did stand out. Discuss.

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

Post #: 1
RE: Gravity and the theme of Birth - 11/12/2013 1:26:30 AM   
pauljeremiah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

Spoilers. Watching this stunning masterpiece got me thinking about the the underlying theme. Clearly Ryan is in the Foetal position at one stage, the tube representing an umbilical cord. The thrust to Earth representing the birth canal, and the water being amniotic fluid, she even had to stagger to her feet like an infant. The themes are about life and death are very present throughout the film. I don't usually analyse films like this, however this did stand out. Discuss.

I think it's more to do with rebirth than birth. She says that after her daughter death all see does is drive around and doesn't really have anything to live for anymore. I think the whole journey she goes through in the film is her rebirth.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Gravity and the theme of Birth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI