Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Latest RoboCop Trailer Stomps Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Latest RoboCop Trailer Stomps Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Latest RoboCop Trailer Stomps Online - 20/11/2013 7:35:44 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: the Robocop trailers: crap to good to crap again - 21/11/2013 7:58:14 AM   
ED-209

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonny24

WTF is up with all that jumping? Why does he need to jump? How the fuck could he jump? He's a walking Ol' Painless, not a fucking CGI video game ninja. Fuck off.

Amen to that
Post #: 2
RE: the Robocop trailers: crap to good to crap again - 21/11/2013 11:07:47 AM   
jobloffski

Like the trailer. Not so hot on the jumping, However, will watch the film because it looks like it will be a good movie. I like the original movie. I don't expect the new film to be the same film.

The original film still exists. The new film very obviously links in to the notion of drones on the streets and as such it probably 'braver' than the original because it asks people to look not too far into the future into a world that is actually coming soon, if everybody decides to let it. For Hollywood, this practically constitutes a political campaign.

That doesn't mean I think the film is going to be a shock to the system like the first one was, but take out the extreme violence and you have an ultimately very very basic story with plenty of cheese.

Really, what is the worst that could happen? Half the people who are up in arms are going to watch it anyway, then whinge about how the original is better (so why should the studio give one fook what you say because you have given them your money by then anyway). Some people are going to see the original as a result of the new one and sorry to break it to the apopleptics, but some seeing the new one first aren't going to have any road to damascus moment and bow down to the original.

Final point, know how you can have different takes on Batman without people acting like the world has come to an end? Try that for this and cut down your risk of aneurisms later in life

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 21/11/2013 11:09:31 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to ED-209)
Post #: 3
RE: the Robocop trailers: crap to good to crap again - 21/11/2013 11:54:01 AM   
NicholiB

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Like the trailer. Not so hot on the jumping, However, will watch the film because it looks like it will be a good movie. I like the original movie. I don't expect the new film to be the same film.

The original film still exists. The new film very obviously links in to the notion of drones on the streets and as such it probably 'braver' than the original because it asks people to look not too far into the future into a world that is actually coming soon, if everybody decides to let it. For Hollywood, this practically constitutes a political campaign.

That doesn't mean I think the film is going to be a shock to the system like the first one was, but take out the extreme violence and you have an ultimately very very basic story with plenty of cheese.

Really, what is the worst that could happen? Half the people who are up in arms are going to watch it anyway, then whinge about how the original is better (so why should the studio give one fook what you say because you have given them your money by then anyway). Some people are going to see the original as a result of the new one and sorry to break it to the apopleptics, but some seeing the new one first aren't going to have any road to damascus moment and bow down to the original.

Final point, know how you can have different takes on Batman without people acting like the world has come to an end? Try that for this and cut down your risk of aneurisms later in life

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there, right down to not being too keen on the jumping.

I loved the original, but this does look interesting. I'm hoping it will homage it's inspiration, but still stand on it's own two feet, although I would be more comfortable if those two feet didn't quite look and jump about like those suits from GI Joe.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 4
RE: Dead or alive? - 21/11/2013 1:54:27 PM   
sethmiller

I loved the the original Robocop back in the day.
Recently there were a bunch of renweals that REALLY sucked (take Total Recall as an example)
and were by far inferior to the originals.
Hopefully the new robocop will not ruin my childhood classic.

Legal Unlimited Movie downloads including
direct downloads into Ipads and Iphones.
www.moviesdirect.org
Post #: 5
RE: Dead or alive? - 21/11/2013 4:22:29 PM   
Overmind

If we close our ears for the names, ignore the title and realy realy convince ourselfes that this movie is called ...

" COP BOT "

This might work :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to sethmiller)
Post #: 6
A walking dildo? Stop Motion til I die! - 23/12/2013 2:48:08 AM   
Driver78

I'm trying to be optimistic, really I am. I mean big guns like Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton would make you think there must be a half decent script, right?. And Kinnaman, well, acting dynamite (hint of slight sarcasm). Was Timothy Olyphant busy?? I won't lie, I'm a lover of the original, so I'm hopin for more Dredd than Total Recall on the reboot front on this one. I'm not feeling any humour, any in your face shocks, the suit is from Fifty Shades Of grey. The hand, what's with the hand? The bike. Is this Terminator Salvation? And the jumping, my god the jumping. He's supposed to be a cyborg ("you idiot"), Never have I seen a trailer and actually wanted less. I miss clunky, slow, tin can Robo. You just wanna start lubricating his joints with an oil can. I'll go see it I guess, but will definitly be takin my own Pick N Mix. Robbing b'stards.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 7
RE: the Robocop trailers: crap to good to crap again - 10/1/2014 10:17:30 PM   
Gouken

You make an excelent point. More than one.
The one thing I disagree with you is on this one:
quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

The new film very obviously links in to the notion of drones on the streets and as such it probably 'braver' than the original because it asks people to look not too far into the future into a world that is actually coming soon, if everybody decides to let it. For Hollywood, this practically constitutes a political campaign.

The original Robocop was highly critical of consumerism, and extreme capitalism, leading to the point where police has been privatized, also the extreme onscreen violence and characters acceptance of it in that world is a criticism of where it might lead to, extrapolating from the situation at the time in the 80s.
In that respect that film's even braver as they are talking about day to day things, controlled by the average citizen, their attitudes and actions or lack of. It says "look people, if you don't take stock, this may be what's around the corner"

But one thing everyone that grew up with the old film will have over the "new generation" is that at one point when we were kids we tried to walk with robotic motions while making "wiiiizsh, dzzzt, bzit. THUMP! THUMP" sounds. and that sooooooooo cool!

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Latest RoboCop Trailer Stomps Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI