Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Short Term 12 - 3/11/2013 9:23:39 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Empire, please stop giving 5s to utter rubbish - 3/11/2013 9:23:39 PM   
Azzurro06

Boring, predictable and hammy. That's all you need to know about this. Still it did cure my insomnia.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Short Term 12 - 14/3/2014 1:27:27 PM   
purplefacedmonkey

I disagree completely with Azzurro06, I think Empire got this review spot on. This film is a beautifully crafted roller coaster of emotion and easily my favourite movie of 2013. One thing that Empire missed out in their review, was how the relationship between the two leads was so effortless and natural. Hollywood needs to take note that THIS is how you show two people who are in love.

My only criticisms are that the Jayden plot was rounded off a little too neatly for my tastes and the subplot about Grace's Dad coming out of prison wasn't explored further.

Otherwise, this is a perfect example of how cinema should be. Perhaps Azzurro06 will be happier when Transformers 7 (or whatever number it's up to now) is released. They'll be plenty of explosion in that to stop em from getting bored, I'm sure.

Post #: 3
One of the best films of the decade. - 13/4/2014 6:04:26 PM   
LeFelixBrown

Okay, so the decade isn't over yet, but this is one fantastic piece of cinema and is my number two, behind Gravity. It has genuine poignancy without resorting to false sentimentality - it's well-written, relevant, and creative enough to be something more than just a tale of troubled childhood. We mustn't forget that the acting in Short Term 12 is brilliant - and not just the amazing Brie Larson; I think we underestimate Kaitlyn Dever's performance.
Adding to this, I felt that the camerawork was perfect for being imperfect, giving us a sense of realism to the film.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Short Term 12 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI