Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Hans Zimmer Forms Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scoring Supergroup

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hans Zimmer Forms Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scoring Supergroup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hans Zimmer Forms Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scoring Supergroup - 31/10/2013 6:55:59 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Amazing Spider-man 2 score - 31/10/2013 10:15:06 PM   
Alistair

Well this is surprising news. I had no idea Zimmer was attached to this at all. No return for James Horner, then (unless he simply didn't want to do it).

I must say that Horner's score for the first film was fairly decent (and sometimes very beautiful), but was quite similar to the Danny Elfman soundtracks for the Raimi films (which were generally uninspired, in my opinion). But, to me, the score for all of the Spider-Man films have just been 'there', if you know what I mean.

Hopefully this team-up, and Zimmer's genius, will result in a great soundtrack.

P.S - I'm surprised that Zimmer isn't all superhero'd out. But then again, superhero films offer a lot of challenges for composers, and maybe that's the appeal.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 31/10/2013 10:17:25 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.
Post #: 2
RE: Amazing Spider-man 2 score - 1/11/2013 8:29:19 AM   
Dr Lenera

Great. A third superhero to be musically ruined by Zimmer. What the fuck is happning to film music when increasingly all producers seem to want is that deadening Zimmer/Remote Control sound, the same bloody rhythmic patterns, same drum loops, same chords, samples everywhere.

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 3
Amazing Spider-man 2 score - 1/11/2013 9:39:37 AM   
Alistair

I can understand some of the criticisms levelled at Zimmer, but there's no denying the man has created some truly breathtaking soundtracks. His musical identity for Clark Kent/Superman in Man of Steel is a genius piece of work. But I understand the criticisms.

What this new Spider-Man film needs is a really good THEME - Bring back the theme to superhero films please!!!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 4
Not surprised Zimmer's attached. - 1/11/2013 1:04:13 PM   
Nicky C

There have only ever been a few 'go-to' composers at any one time in Hollywood and Zimmer is the man of the moment for big blockbusters. I love his music but I do think Hollywood could do more to nurture some more talent. It's not just the big boys who can innovate.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hans Zimmer Forms Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scoring Supergroup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI