Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa - 28/10/2013 5:18:36 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
This year's Borat - 28/10/2013 5:18:36 PM   
Azzurro06

I actually hated the Jackass movies, and simply cannot abide the "extreme dude" culture. This however is a totally different animal, and in a very similar vein to Borat, this has a story to justify the hilarious gags played on the public. Nearly every single prank had me in stitches. Certainly not PC, but not as crass as the usual Jackass fare. Go see this, Empire are being way too tough on it.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Immaturity Knox - 13/12/2013 1:25:27 AM   
TheMightyBlackout

Some of the pranks are very funny, whereas the gradual majority of them are merely 'okay'. They have their moment, but seem to be played out for slightly too long, and the sketch ends shortly after you stop laughing/chuckling/smirking.
'Bad Grandpa' is worth watching, but when it's on the TV, and with a few beers on the go. The bottom line is, "it's not a film". But maybe I'm just examining it too closely?

More reviews and rambling like that ^^^ at: >>>WorldOfBlackout.co.uk <<<

Post #: 3
RE: Immaturity Knox - 31/12/2013 9:23:10 AM   
chang

This really is a movie full of gags. And not entirely in a good way.

(in reply to TheMightyBlackout)
Post #: 4
Hmm - 6/3/2014 12:56:06 PM   
guysalisbury

45 mins into this and haven't laughed once! Think I might struggle to finish this one. Jackass is funny. This isn't! The shock humour of Borat is great the first time round but this is even struggling with that. Its embarrassing, not funny. Its a shame but I would recommend not wasting your time with this. It's terrible!!!!!!!!

Post #: 5
Not bad at all - 9/7/2014 8:31:43 AM   
RJNeb2

The fourth Jackass hidden camera movie shakes it up a bit and concentrates solely on the Bad Grandpa character, with Knoxville buried under tons of latex as a randy old git giving his impressionable young grandson all the wrong life lessons. This even has a plot of sorts with the two packing up Grandpa’s recently deceased wife in the trunk of his car and heading off to dump the kid with his good-for-nothing father. Some hilarious pranks ensue (the children’s beauty pageant is a total jaw-dropper) with the added surprising bonus of some genuinely affecting moments.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI