Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: When a film uses a scene from another film.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 22/11/2013 3:11:16 AM   
adamthehorrorfan

Hostel shows a scene off Pulp Fiction on TV, which is the scene where Samuel L. Jackson repeats a verse off the Bible before he was about to shoot Brett.

Natural Born Killers when Mickey and Mallory are in bed and you can see a scene off Scarface on the TV.

Freddy Got Fingered when Freddy ends up in a centre for sexually molested children and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) is playing on TV, which you see him watching with all the other children there.

Scream when there is a house party and whilst the Horror geek is repeating the rules about how to survive a Horror film, you can see Halloween (1978) playing on TV.

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 31
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 22/11/2013 8:23:01 PM   
Mister Coe

Film 2013, the other night, seemed to indicate that THE FAMILY has a scene where Robert De Niro watches a clip from GOODFELLAS...

Wow, why don't you rub his face in dogshit while you're at it...

Say what now?

(in reply to adamthehorrorfan)
Post #: 32
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 22/11/2013 9:28:45 PM   
Captain Black

This isn't quite the topic, but I once saw a crappy B film on Channel 5 (natch), which used actual footage from Terminator 2 -- essentially several shots that featured none of the main cast from the escape from the Cyberdyne sequence; so instead of Arnie minigunning the LA policeforce it's a bloke with a beard and an M-16.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 33
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 27/11/2013 10:53:20 PM   
kalimna

E.T. and The Quiet Man. ET is watching the film, getting drunk on beer, and Elliot is in school, also feeling the effects, and playing out John Wayne's roll with blonde girl playing out Maureen O'Hara.

Not quite the same, but in the pilot for BSG, as the ceremonial flight of vipers passes Galactica, they play the original series' theme tune.

Adam

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 34
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 28/11/2013 1:07:34 AM   
King of Kafiristan

The Hitman movie literally opens with the first 5 minutes of the James Cameron directed pilot episode of the Jessica Alba show DARK ANGEL. In the context of Hitman, young Timothy Olyphant is supposed to be a 12 year old girl - the same girl meant to be Young Jessica Alba for the Dark Angel pilot.

Bloody ridiculous, that was!

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 35
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 3/12/2013 10:28:22 AM   
filmburner30

Alabama watching A Better Tomorrow 2 on TV in True Romance.

Clarence and Alabama watching Sonny Chiba movies in the same film and of Course Drexl and Clarence Juliens the Mac on the TV.

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to target)
Post #: 36
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 14/12/2013 8:49:31 PM   
Whistler

The family watching It's A Wonderful Life in French in Home Alone.

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 37
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 28/12/2013 8:11:12 PM   
Onlythebassist

French Film time!

One which stands out in my memory is the intro to Jean-Pierre Jeunet's 'Micmacs', where the main character mimes a scene from 'The Big Sleep' in its French incarnation.

Seeing the back and forth between Marlowe and Rutledge play out on one face is amusing to say the least.

'You have my money taped to your tits, technically you do work for me' - Donnie, The Wolf of Wall Street, 2013

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 38
RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. - 16/1/2014 9:38:02 AM   
FoximusPrime

I saw the trailer for Grudge Match in the cinema the other day and I could be wrong, but have they used footage from Rocky III where he announces his retirement from the ring (although it looked like there was some CG jiggery-pokery going on too)? Nice idea if they have although I can see it distracting from the current film a little.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to Onlythebassist)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: When a film uses a scene from another film. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI