Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Marvel Developing More TV Content

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Marvel Developing More TV Content Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marvel Developing More TV Content - 15/10/2013 8:15:53 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Hulk Smash - 15/10/2013 8:15:53 AM   
Okester

Hulk all day long..

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
What would i like to see...... - 15/10/2013 9:16:52 AM   
willy2fly

Luke Cage & Iron Fist: Heroes for Hire or RUNAWAYS, which is a comic book absolutely made for a TV adaptation.

Post #: 3
She-Hulk - 15/10/2013 10:10:04 AM   
Pirate King

She-Hulk - the hilarious misadventures of a single female lawyer who also happens to be a massive green super-hero. It could be Marvel's answer to Ally McBeal. (You know, the RDJ season, not the Jon Bon Jovi/long-lost daughter season).

Post #: 4
- 15/10/2013 10:15:04 AM   
seanftd

I think someone should make a show following the villain, it would be a interesting turn if evens rather than following the heroes. Weather it be Marvel or DC I think it would be a good way to go, maybe bring a differant dynamic to comic book show.

Post #: 5
- 15/10/2013 10:40:45 AM   
sirvolkar

We have "Talking Dead", why not "Talking Deadpool"? It could air after each Marvel episode and it would be hosted by The Merc With A Mouth and some totally random guest and they could discuss the show and poke fun at it. I see it as a bit like "Man to Man with Dean Learner", only involving more doorknobs and chimichanga.

Post #: 6
Are Marvel spreading themselves too thin? - 15/10/2013 10:49:53 AM   
Quentin Black

It's exciting to see but they need to be careful that they aren't just rehashing things for money. With Phase 2 consisting of 3 sequels and a series that is essentially Avengers 1.1 (Agents of SHIELD is enjoyable but seems incapable of stepping out of the shadow of The Avengers and suffers when it tries to emulate the scale and budget of the Marvel films), the last thing we need is another film that rides the coat-tails of the existing Marvel films.

An Agent Carter show would essentially be an period version of Agents of Shield/Captain America1.1. Any proposed Hulk series or derivation of would be The Incredible Hulk 1.1. Marvel need to have the balls not to do this...

Punisher, Heroes for Hire, Alias and The Pulse. All four would show different and new aspects of the Cinematic Marvel Universe while fitting perfectly into the smaller scale of television. None of them are directly linked to any part of the existing Marvel universe, none of them would need expensive special effects and all of them could carry themselves if done right.

The Punisher has name recognition and shows the darker side of the Marvel universe. Heroes for Hire would show street level heroes while satisfying the quota for costumed heroes. Alias would show the grittier side of the Marvel universe and do a better job than Agents of Shield at showing how events like the Avengers has affected society and everyday people. The Pulse would shoe the Marvel universe through human eyes, essentially being a mix of The Marvels graphic novel and The Newsroom.

< Message edited by Quentin Black -- 15/10/2013 10:51:14 AM >

Post #: 7
Agent Carter - 15/10/2013 10:50:58 AM   
spacemonkey187

Would definitely watch a show of Agent Carter.

Post #: 8
- 15/10/2013 1:13:34 PM   
clarkkent

Uhm, struggling in the ratings? You mean the EIGHT MILLION PEOPLE IT'S STILL GETTING? yeah, that's an utter failiure.

Post #: 9
Struggling - 15/10/2013 3:37:59 PM   
Soze666

Whilst I've been unimpressed with Agents of Shield I'm not sure where you're getting your information about it 'struggling in the ratings'. It got 12 million in it's opening week in the US and has had 8 million the two after. Quite normal to see a big drop after a debut episode and the 2 after have been more than respectable.

Post #: 10
RE: Marvel Developing More TV Content - 15/10/2013 9:32:30 PM   
Banky

Thomas Jane's Punisher short serialized!!!! 'Nuff said!!!!

Post #: 11
RE: Marvel Developing More TV Content - 15/10/2013 9:39:17 PM   
Banky

I also think shipping the show to the likes of Netflix/Amazon may be the way forward anyway given the nature of how most people watch shows. Watching series live is becoming less common due to the ability to record multiple shows, which in turn hinders ratings and the Networks don't take into account such viewings. Therefore in order to maintain a show, something like Netflix may well be the way forward for some Marvel based shows. Although, I truly believe with the gore shown in shows like True Blood, The Walking Dead, Hannibal and the like, a Punisher show would really go down a treat and make for a serialized story.

(in reply to Banky)
Post #: 12
Cookalong with the Fantastic Four - 16/10/2013 1:55:23 PM   
kevmccann

Reed gets the ingredients and utensils, Thing spins the salad, Johnny cooks the grub and Sue Storm presents! Bingo Bongo!!!

Post #: 13
- 18/10/2013 11:11:50 AM   
cliff126

I got bored of the constant references to the MCU in Agents of SHIELD, and I stopped watching half way through ep.2. MArvel should make a Punisher tv series that's based off of some of Garth Ennis' stories in the MAX stuff.

Post #: 14
Totally agree....bring on the Hulk! - 20/10/2013 12:00:35 PM   
darth.thorn

Should so keep that that closing shot, walk into the distance with the sad music as well.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Marvel Developing More TV Content Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI