Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel - 9/10/2013 10:45:57 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 9/10/2013 10:45:57 AM   
Manfrendshensindshen

I'll organise, as well as attend a Resident Evilathon and lick Paul W.T.F. Anderson's dirtiest shoes if that meant this project won't go ahead.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 9/10/2013 10:47:34 AM   
chris wootton

This is going to be fucking awful

Post #: 3
- 9/10/2013 2:12:41 PM   
Litshttam

"He was a Nexus 6, so we don't know how long he can live," Er, weren't the replicants Deckard's assigned to hunt Nexus 6, too, you know, the ones with a four-year lifespan (hence returning to Earth for 'repair')?

Post #: 4
No. - 9/10/2013 6:25:29 PM   
Oroborous

After the train wreck of a film that was Prometheus, there is no faith I can muster in convincing myself that this won't be a travesty.
The notion that someone involved in the creation of Green Lantern has not only held onto their career, but has somehow ended up being chosen to work on the screenplay for a sequel to one of the great Sci Fi films of our times, is both laughable and yet utterly depressing. My God.

< Message edited by Oroborous -- 9/10/2013 6:26:11 PM >

Post #: 5
ancient astronaut theorists surmise..... - 9/10/2013 7:44:55 PM   
GUNS BLAZING

I liked Prometheus it reminded me of those H2 shows "Ancient Aliens" !

Post #: 6
STAR WARS ?? - 9/10/2013 7:53:41 PM   
GUNS BLAZING

I think if Disney or Lucasfilm does not announce the cast of Episode 7 soon I will pull my hair out ! So don't go and busy up your schedule Harrison or crazed fan-boys will be out to get you....

Post #: 7
RE: Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel - 9/10/2013 8:26:40 PM   
Overmind

When the fanstream Reach kneehigh, you give inn.

< Message edited by Overmind -- 9/10/2013 8:27:05 PM >

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

Post #: 8
In all seriousness.... - 9/10/2013 9:39:41 PM   
Holbydude

...The way this will work, to have Harry back, is to have Deckard we saw in 'Blade Runner' coming to the end of his lifespan (yes, he WAS A REPLICANT AND NO, HIS LIFESPAN WAS NOT 4 YEARS!) and looking for his, er, real self, now aged. Come on guys, Gaff knew he was a replicant and so did Tyrell! Deckard retired hmself & Tyrell substituted Deckard-Replicant.

Post #: 9
Stop the nonsense - 9/10/2013 11:30:14 PM   
tobywan

Seriously, most here need to get a girlfriend or something . You ALL want to see this, don't pretend otherwise, just like me, you stared in wrapped awe at the beauty, the sheer power of 'blade runner' and I'm the first in the queue to see what happened next or whatever! Ridley Scott is simply one of the best, period,. He loves and is still passionate about his work so, despite the flaws, ALL of his films have something that raises them up above the rest. For the record, I LOVED, the voice over! It added a much needed sense of 'pulp fiction' to the proceedings. That is all, back to your Xbox lads...

Post #: 10
That haircut... - 10/10/2013 7:58:12 AM   
Jonny24

...man, of all the many many brilliant things about BladeRunner I just gotta give Ford's haircut a mention: gumshoe plain, but for some reason even cooler for that. Like everything in the movie, it looks classic but at the same time totally out of time.

Ridley and Ford retired over a decade ago, so fuck any sequel. There's nowhere anyone can or should go with it anyway.

Post #: 11
RE: Stop the nonsense - 10/10/2013 9:46:20 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: tobywan

Seriously, most here need to get a girlfriend or something . You ALL want to see this, don't pretend otherwise, just like me, you stared in wrapped awe at the beauty, the sheer power of 'blade runner' and I'm the first in the queue to see what happened next or whatever! Ridley Scott is simply one of the best, period,. He loves and is still passionate about his work so, despite the flaws, ALL of his films have something that raises them up above the rest. For the record, I LOVED, the voice over! It added a much needed sense of 'pulp fiction' to the proceedings. That is all, back to your Xbox lads...

Because the basic assumption is all Blade Runners fans are male? .....

So you'll have read the KW Jeter books then?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to tobywan)
Post #: 12
RE: Stop the nonsense - 10/10/2013 9:55:17 AM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

You don't have to be male to have a girlfriend, bigot!

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing this if it ever actually gets made (I foresee it being one of those films that's perpetually stuck in development hell), but I can understand why most would approach it with trepidation and feel it's unnecessary to make another one at all.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 13
RE: Stop the nonsense - 10/10/2013 9:59:13 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

You don't have to be male to have a girlfriend, bigot!

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing this if it ever actually gets made (I foresee it being one of those films that's perpetually stuck in development hell), but I can understand why most would approach it with trepidation and feel it's unnecessary to make another one at all.

'course, I read the whole post

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 14
RE: Stop the nonsense - 10/10/2013 11:31:35 AM   
AxlReznor

You... don't have to be male to be referred to as a lad?

Okay, you win.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 15
RE: Stop the nonsense - 10/10/2013 11:56:41 AM   
MonsterCat

Let's look at it this way: maybe Tobywan was addressing men because only men would get so worked up over something as stupid as a Blade Runner sequel.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 10/10/2013 11:57:17 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 16
RE: Stop the nonsense - 10/10/2013 12:17:58 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Let's look at it this way: maybe Tobywan was addressing men because only men would get so worked up over something as stupid as a Blade Runner sequel.

Nice save

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 17
RE: Stop the nonsense - 10/10/2013 2:03:47 PM   
Wicket55

Yeah, 'cos Prometheus was really good right? Everybody wanted to see that as well, and that was a pile of shite mate! Incidentally, my girlfriend thought it was shite too! As for liking the V.O. in the original Blade Runner, that's quite possibly the worst aspect of the original release!

(in reply to tobywan)
Post #: 18
Make a Moses Film Instead - 14/10/2013 2:28:18 PM   
SonOfSamcro

After Prometheus I hope that this bomb scare never gets made. As a director he has been mostly dodgy as of late and a Blade Runner sequel seems way above the weight that he punches at nowadays. Instead he should concentrate on 'Gladiator 2: Not Yet'

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI