Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Breaking Bad Coverage on Empire Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Breaking Bad Coverage on Empire Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Breaking Bad Coverage on Empire Online - 2/10/2013 5:36:18 PM   
Biggus

Currently there are 3 features on Empire's 'Current Highlights' section of their website relating to the TV program Breaking Bad. Far from me to be a stick-in-the-mud but I find this a bit excessive for a website which is supposedly dedicated to films. There have also been quite a few news articles related to the program in recent months too. While I appreciate that there are probably several members of the Empire staff who are fans of Breaking Bad I think the coverage of the program on the website is isolating to those who don't follow television or visit the site for cinematic features and updates rather than those relating to the small screen.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/
Post #: 1
RE: Breaking Bad Coverage on Empire Online - 3/10/2013 3:29:44 PM   
owenyunfat

Totally agree. There seems to be several films that have been released that we hear little about or hear about a few days before release, yet Breaking Bad and other shows are plastered before our eyes. I love Breaking Bad and many TV shows, but I also love film and EMPIRE is my number one resource for film, I have other resources for TV. EMPIRE do what you do best, bring us news on the big screen or alternatively create a sister site dedicated to TV.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 2
RE: Breaking Bad Coverage on Empire Online - 4/10/2013 7:51:13 PM   
rich

It's not just them either. Apparently this series was a big deal or something?

(in reply to owenyunfat)
Post #: 3
RE: Breaking Bad Coverage on Empire Online - 5/10/2013 10:26:23 PM   
Scofield67

Maybe the guys from Empire just enjoy 'Quality' and though there's been some decent films about, if you want real quality (greatness even) then you have to look at tv shows and not movies.

Over the past ten years or so we've had The Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, Game Of Thrones, The West Wing and now Breaking Bad. No film in the same period has bettered any of those I've just mentioned.

Come to think of it, what was the last 'Great Film' released? 2003 - LOTR: The Return Of The Kings?

Great films are a rare thing these days.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Breaking Bad Coverage on Empire Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI