Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trailer Breakdown

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trailer Breakdown Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trailer Breakdown - 1/10/2013 11:35:37 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Why Helen why? - 1/10/2013 11:35:37 PM   
Gazme

Having to click through 13 pages of spoilers before getting to see the trailer...its just cruel ms so called o'hara :)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
@PACEBROWS - 2/10/2013 12:33:41 AM   
HulkySmashSmash

Wonder how long it will take for Thranduil's eyebrows to get a Twitter page.

Post #: 3
RE: Why Helen why? - 2/10/2013 7:32:55 AM   
Helen OHara

Gazme, or you could watch the trailer direct in our news story...

< Message edited by Helen OHara -- 2/10/2013 9:30:19 AM >

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.

(in reply to Gazme)
Post #: 4
Cumberbatch Voice - 2/10/2013 10:35:09 AM   
TrinaLovesInfo

I wouldn't assume that it wasn't just him and the microphone. When he voiced the Angel Islington, which was equally unusual (though different), director Dirk Maggs said it was done without enhancement. (I believe it was Mr. Maggs who said that)

Post #: 5
I'll be the geek and say it - 2/10/2013 11:53:08 PM   
Klamath

Sauron was defeated by Isildur etc 3000 years before the events of FOTR, so he is still very much incorporeal during The Hobbit

Post #: 6
My fundamental problem - 3/10/2013 12:39:08 AM   
bleugh07

with these films is that whereas with LOTR Jackson was reducing a bloated book down to a workable story and (dare I say it) improving on the source material, the opposite's happening with the Hobbit. The book has enough plot for one film but it's being stretched and mutated into three, so regardless of how good a job everyone involved puts in it just can't be as good. But honestly I don't mind, no one else makes films like this and it's just indescribably wonderful to visit Middle-Earth again

Post #: 7
Can't wait! - 3/10/2013 2:18:36 AM   
Hugh_Fran

Roll on December says I! I couldn't give a hoots that the book has been stretched out over three movies, it just means more Middle Earth to enjoy!

Post #: 8
Quick Correction - 3/10/2013 2:27:19 AM   
Hugh_Fran

On page 9 you said that Gandalf investigated Dol Guldur in the first movie when in fact it was Radagast. In the book however, it WAS Gandalf

Post #: 9
Ring Vision - 8/10/2013 1:40:17 PM   
HighwayJoe

I don't think Bilbo's wearing the Ring in that opening shot at Erebor. If he is, where are the ghostly/misty distortions that usually go along with it? My thoughts are that Bilbo's simply walking around at that point (perhaps even with the dwarves, as Thorin is later shown to also be inside Erebor with him), and hasn't stumbled upon Smaug yet.

Post #: 10
Thorin: addressing Thranduil or Bard? - 10/10/2013 2:07:00 PM   
ForeignCorrespondent

On page 3 Thorin says "...we have come to reclaim our homeland" and he clearly isn't in Thranduil's palace who can't be replying as you say in the article...check out the 'snow' and the guards behind Thorin as they are identical to those in the scene on page 7 where Bard is speaking. This would suggest the conversation takes place in Laketown.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trailer Breakdown Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI