Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Peter Jackson: Auteur or not

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Peter Jackson: Auteur or not Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Peter Jackson: Auteur or not - 1/10/2013 10:32:30 AM   
Hazaman

I'm writing about whether Peter Jackson can be classed as an auteur or not, and seeing if his signature in filmmaking can be seen throughout his career, from Bad Taste to The Lord of the Rings. I have so far found a considerable amount of information that suggests that Peter Jackson is credible for the title of auteur, and his signatures have continued to appear throughout his movies such as his use of incredible landscapes and sometimes ‘over the top’ gore. Any opinions and debates on this will be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Peter Jackson: Auteur or not - 1/10/2013 10:53:50 AM   
elab49

Rules regarding homework threads can be found in Movie Musings.

However, there exists a Peter Jackson thread in Actors/Auteurs already so any discussion would take place there. And we'd emphasise discussion - homework rules require something rather more substantive than the above

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hazaman)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Peter Jackson: Auteur or not Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI