Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Wild Speculation, Based On Fact, About Harry Potter Spin-Off Fantastic Beasts

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Wild Speculation, Based On Fact, About Harry Potter Spin-Off Fantastic Beasts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wild Speculation, Based On Fact, About Harry Potter Spi... - 16/9/2013 12:56:19 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 16/9/2013 12:56:19 PM   
BelfastBoy

Exciting as this project is, the cynic in me is really thinking that Warner Bros are finally going to get their dream of a (sort of) Potterverse film that'll be set in America and with (probably) a high proportion of US actors in the cast. With the endlessly parochial attitude of US film execs, the fact that the existing, UK-cast and -centric Potter films made many billions at the box office probably didn't fizz on them at all!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Expand, don't dilute - 16/9/2013 3:27:39 PM   
bleugh07

If we're trying to get a Potterverse up and running, which mightn't necessarily be a bad thing, there's a serious danger that the crucial British flavour of HP might be lost.

Two places where Beasts might fall down could be making the world a bit too American, or over-referencing exisitng characters and stories. With Rowling writing I think we can expect something rather brilliant, which is reassuring, but the final scene of Deathly Hallows proves that even the best writers can end up writing hideous fan-fic.

Matt Smith would be fantastic, but he'd more or less be playing the Doctor again so I doubt he'd do it.

Any other ideas for projects in the Potterverse? I'd be interested to see a TV show about Aurors working for the Ministry, in the vein of Agents of Shield

Post #: 3
Casting - 17/9/2013 2:02:50 PM   
Madhava

So Scamander should be English and in his early-to-mid-20s? Daniel Radcliffe! Hahahaha

Post #: 4
- 17/9/2013 6:49:36 PM   
sipi

making a wizard film about a character the same age as most the audience that were the same age as Harry Potter when the original books came out? clever.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Wild Speculation, Based On Fact, About Harry Potter Spin-Off Fantastic Beasts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI