Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Insidious Chapter 2 - 13/9/2013 11:31:38 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Spot on! - 13/9/2013 1:09:29 PM   
Alex M...

I watched the double bill last night - great fun! I can honestly say this is one sequel that is well thought out...most horror sequels are so dissapointing however, this one really delivers

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Very pleasantly surprised. - 13/9/2013 6:49:27 PM   
TheMightyBlackout

There's something deeply satisfying about Insidious 2 that I can't quite put my finger on. James Wan and Leigh Whannell have taken a by-the-numbers sequel and given it a murder-mystery sub-plot and even sprinkled a bit of time-travel over the top.
For best effect, watch immediately after Insidious; that's how it's intended.

More reviews and rambling like that ^^^ at: >>>WorldOfBlackout.co.uk <<<

Post #: 3
RE: Very pleasantly surprised. - 14/9/2013 6:29:00 PM   
cheekdeville

Managed to see the Insidious Double Bill at my local Cineworld, absolutely loved it, completely agree with above comment if your going watch the first one first it just works, why? i'm not really sure.. Is it scary? no not really but it still manages to deliver a great night's entertainment, took my son who is finally legal (15) he absolutely loved it too

would i want a Third installment ...noooooooooooooooooooooo.. please don't it was just great fun please don't kill it

(in reply to TheMightyBlackout)
Post #: 4
"pleasantly surprised" << completely agree - 19/9/2013 12:58:30 AM   
tysmuse

Far scarier than The Conjuring. The loopy narrative is fun (even if it doesn't really make any sense, sequentially) and seeing Patrick Wilson doing an all-grinning nutty is great stuff.

Post #: 5
RE: "pleasantly surprised" << completel... - 19/9/2013 9:50:26 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Terrible, terrible film while sitting there I can't quite remember the last time that a film has made so angry saw the 1st one & thought ok it's not too bad so I'll give the Chapter 2 a chance & all it was, was the same old tired cliches slamming doors, loud music to make you jump seen it all done before & a 100 times better.
It was not scary not one bit & I'm sorry BUT! isn't that what a "HORROR FILM!" is supposed to be?
This will be the last time I see one of these so called 15 rated "HORROR FILMS!" as I think that's around the average age of the audience I was stuck with GOD ONLY KNOWS! What'd happen if they ever saw something like The Exocist, Original Texas Chainsw Masacre etc I honestly beleave they'd die.
On the whole I'll give it 1/10 & that's only because the 2 stooges were quite amussing. One last point Mr.Wahn should be had up on the Trades Description Act for false advertising. HORROR MY ARSE!!!

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 19/9/2013 9:51:30 AM >

(in reply to tysmuse)
Post #: 6
Effective CHILLER!!! - 24/9/2013 6:50:46 PM   
Ramone87

An effective but not outstanding chiller form director James Wan, as he continues his original Insidious Horror franchise.

Following pretty much straight on after the events of the first film, couple Josh and Renai Lambert are once again terrorized by supernatural forces form beyond the grave. This time however Josh must unravel the mystery of the "Dark Bride" and why their son Dalton has a developed a psychic connection with the other world spirits. So Josh goes back once again into the "Further" world to hunt for clues and somehow get rid of them. Wan follows the same routine scares of the original here,..those super sharp violin shrieks, nicely timed jump scares and up close horrid faces,..already becoming his trademark of this franchise.

Performances a good enough form the leads. Patrack Wilson has a split personality nightmare, Rose Byrne and Ty Simpkins and a host of Other Psychic investigators such as Tucker (Angus Sampson) get their fair share of jumps and frights throughout. Barbarra Harshy puts in a good turn aswell as everyone get's thoroughly spooked and scared witless as medium Elsie Reiner (Lin Shaye) provides a shining light of hope for all concerned. Ok, thier is nothing truly outstanding going on here,..and I as a tad bit disappointed.

But lovers of the original will have great time here. Their are a number of nice gruesome set- pieces to test your nerves,...check out the scene where Josh and his host of mediums check out the murder lair of the Dark Bride in the further dimension,...effective chilling stuff indeed.

Pretty good but don't expect too much!!!

Post #: 7
RE: Effective CHILLER!!! - 27/9/2013 8:49:12 PM   
JASON_LIVES

I loved it. A great mix of horror and humor. It's a little schlocky and not really scary but highly entertaining. I saw it with a great audience too. One girl in the back kept screaming uncontrollably. It was great atmosphere.

(in reply to Ramone87)
Post #: 8
A disturbed mess. - 10/10/2013 3:01:57 PM   
Gem_1995

Now this film is a strange one. At points it went from disturbing to funny in the blink of an eye. One moment you’re watching a murderous spirit charging at you with a knife, and the next you’re seeing a rather obese paranormal investigator having a tranquiliser syringe stuck in his butt.
Now the plot line itself is a bit hazy, but this is what I gathered from it. First off, it’s very advisable that you’ve seen the first Insidious. But then again they do kind of sum it up in the first couple of shots so it’s not a necessity; merely more so that you understand the rather eccentric workings of director, James Wan. We return to the Lambert family, the father Josh still stands acquitted for the bizarre murder of Elise Rainer. The family is on edge, with Josh appearing a little strange and overly creepy…hmmm, I wonder why?
Josh insists it’s just from the entire trauma they suffered in the predecessor, in short, their son Dalton drifted away from his physical body and his father (who has the ability to travel into the spirit world) had to get him back. Basically, he’s been to the ‘dark side’. Anyway, it’s not too long before the shenanigans start again… “Haunting” ensues. Most of the tricks from the first one are repeated, making a lot of the film lacking in the scares department. It’s only when both Rose and, Josh’s mother, Lorraine begin to see these spirits that some genuine jumps occur.
A sub plot appears when Lorraine gets in contact with old friend/paranormal investigator, Carl Stanaway and two, rather goofy looking, sidekicks; to find out the story of the spirit that now plagues her house. From then on, come flashbacks of twisted mothers and cross-dressing children, coupled with creepy dolls and rocking horses moving in slow motion…yeah like that’s not something we haven’t seen in almost every modern ‘horror’ film!

Post #: 9
RE: A disturbed mess. - 11/10/2013 5:21:22 AM   
CriticNumberOne

Very very average.
It's certainly no The Conjuring.
Dvd only advised.

Film.Involve me,engage me,encapsulate me,make me feel.
Never disinterest me.

(in reply to Gem_1995)
Post #: 10
RE: A disturbed mess. - 16/10/2013 10:27:28 AM   
Jason12

i watched the first part year back and i liked dis one also....good concept.

(in reply to CriticNumberOne)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Insidious Chapter 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI