Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS??

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS?? - 11/9/2013 8:35:39 PM   
ryan_aus04

Hi,

Hopefully someone out there who frequently goes to see movies on their opening weekend will be able to shed some light onto this for me.

Opening weekend (especially Friday and Saturday) is naturally the busiest time for a movie release at the box office. I was wondering though, what session time in this period is actually the busiest?

I'd imagine a 7pm-8pm session Friday night would draw the biggest crowds, but perhaps it's the FIRST actual screening (a 10am to 11:30am Friday morning) that does. Does the average non-massive buzz film (ie NOT Harry Potter/Twilight/Spiderman) still get enough people excited to sell-out these first Friday morning screenings?

I'm asking as personally I enjoy a "full house" atmosphere and therefore am trying to work out what session to attend to find the biggest (and perhaps passionate) crowds.

Cheers,
Ryan
Post #: 1
RE: Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS?? - 11/9/2013 8:41:38 PM   
elab49

Having been to first showings of Hobbit/TDKR, they were OKish in terms of occupancy, but not massive. So I'd assume it's the post-work/Friday night out showings that get queues around the block.

World War Z was almost a solo viewing!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to ryan_aus04)
Post #: 2
RE: Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS?? - 11/9/2013 10:16:36 PM   
Mister Coe

Personally, I prefer a pre-midday showing of a film because it's a lot cheaper and you avoid those bloody annoying things... oh, what are they called again?

Oh, yeah, 'people'...

Say what now?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3
RE: Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS?? - 12/9/2013 4:29:08 PM   
Whistler

Friday and Saturday evenings are always going to be the busiest. About 8pm 'cause that's generally just after dinner.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

World War Z was almost a solo viewing!

I had a solo IMAX viewing of Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters earlier this year - maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much

I do actually like the atmosphere of a full cinema, but I often can't stand Friday night blockbuster or comedy crowds. They tend to be the worst genres for conduct-breaking idiots.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS?? - 13/9/2013 12:11:50 AM   
sandy666

It depends where you are in the world.

In the UK Friday evenings after 7, Saturday evenings and Wednesday films have the biggest crowds. (Orange Wednesdays or whatever it is called these days draws a large crowd).

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Busiest session of release day FRIDAYS?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI