Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Remake Or Original: The Ultimate Movie Poster Face-Off

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Remake Or Original: The Ultimate Movie Poster Face-Off Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remake Or Original: The Ultimate Movie Poster Face-Off - 9/9/2013 11:59:41 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Double Exclamation... - 11/9/2013 9:00:26 PM   
SamFrisco

" Note that Frank Sinatra is such a big deal his name gets two exclamation marks at the end of it"
- Looks like a silhouette of Jedward.
Much prefer the original poster AND the film.
Caeser Romero's in it!! (double exclamation).

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 12/9/2013 2:05:43 AM   
JaneTaylor32

I'm making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do....

WWW.CNN13.COM

Post #: 3
Ben Hur - 12/9/2013 9:32:37 PM   
Loosecrew

I like the 1925 Ben Hur poster. The 1959 one is very....normal.

Post #: 4
- 16/9/2013 11:29:27 AM   
The Waco Kid

With regards The War of the Worlds did you forget all about the Pendragon pictures version? yes it was bloody awful but it deserves a mention at least.
Also Shop around the corner had a remake before You've Got Mail and was called In the Good Old Summertime with Judy Garland and Van Johnson (1949) admittedly a musicla but yet deserves a mention.

Post #: 5
- 18/9/2013 5:43:13 AM   
NeoBrowser

I don't understand how most people are voting for the old posters!
This isn't voting on the quality of the films, JUST THE POSTERS! And 99% of cases the new one is SO much better!

Post #: 6
Mr Deeds Remake Poster!?!?! - 18/9/2013 3:55:28 PM   
His Dudeness

Who the hell is that man standing behind Adam Sandler on the Mr Deeds poster. As I'm sure it was the great John Tuturro who played the butler and also stole the whole film!!

Post #: 7
RE: - 20/9/2013 5:55:43 AM   
scooter91170

I voted for a mix. Personally I didn't just put it down to how "pretty" a modern poster looked, but whether it would make me interested in seeing it.

I'll agree that some of the modern ones I voted against looked better than the original, but as I had no idea what the movie was about or who was in it, without trying to read small print (which wasn't always there), to me it defeated the point of the Movie Poster. It just looked an exercise in Graphic Design.

And if the remade poster was just a 21st Century prettied up version of the original, then a lot of the time I voted for the original for the fact that they had the idea first. Bad enough remaking a movie that doesn't need it (Robocop, looking at you) but to blatantly copy the original poster design lacks thought.

(and don't get me started on the Psycho/Human Centipede remade poster!)

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Remake Or Original: The Ultimate Movie Poster Face-Off Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI