Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 2:02:04 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dead Mike

Yes, during my teacher training it was part & parcel but nice try.

My comment was not meant to be taken seriously. I am not sincerely suggesting that you might be a pedophile.

quote:

It's got nothing to do with living in a shitty area, kids swear & even if your precious little angel isn't one of them (probably still is) they'll have heard other kids swearing.

My precious little angel? What the fuck are you talking about? Stick it up your arse. My oldest doesn't swear because he's five. His idea of swearing right now is saying the word "bum". I'm sure he'll pick up a few extra words in the future.

Yes, kids do swear. I swore when I was a kid, especially as a teenager. I just think you're exaggerating the issue by suggesting that all under 12s swear like they're in a Martin Scorcese film. But the shittier the area, the shittier the kids. Because of bad parenting. Which might include letting them watch films they shouldn't be watching?

Oh, and stick it up your arse.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 11/9/2013 2:04:25 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dead Mike)
Post #: 31
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 3:24:15 PM   
Dead Mike

Wow, What an angry little man you are, one to avoid here folks I reckon.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 32
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 3:53:28 PM   
DancingClown

Yep, you heard him folks.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dead Mike)
Post #: 33
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 4:29:42 PM   
musht

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 34
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 4:42:42 PM   
Hood_Man

You could have used a smiley DC, the humour wasn't that obvious

Regarding swearing in schools, there was loads in years 5+6 when I switched primary schools. It was quite a shock to my then sheltered ears.

Did it corrupt me? Fuck knows

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 35
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 4:49:25 PM   
Chief

Yeah, I swore like a trooper through primary school. I'm not from a shitty area either, just hung about with some older kids.

I don't think a count on the number of 'fucks' in a film is a good idea at all. Who knows what one is going to be one too many? Seems a bit ridiculous. You could say then say how many punches should be allowed? Just ditch 12A altogether.

Post #: 36
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 7:08:53 PM   
DancingClown

Would just like to confirm that I know that kids swear, some more than others, some probably don't at all. I just object to the notion that all pre-pubescent kids (of all ages, you'd presume, if you read Mike's initial post, as he wasn't entirely specific) swear like Tommy in Goodfellas and therefore they must somehow be inured to swearing in films and subsequently any form of 'protecting' them should be considered academic.

Plus the "precious little angel" jibe was presumptuous and snidey to say the least.

But anyway, back on topic, I personally consider the whole 12A part of the ratings system to be nonsense. And it is confusing, creating too much grey area and complication for a ratings system that was refreshingly uncomplicated.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 37
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 7:18:34 PM   
rawlinson

If a child of mine swore I honestly don't think I'd care.

If one of them ever said F-bomb I'd put them in a home.

Post #: 38
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 9:03:20 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Yes, kids do swear. I swore when I was a kid, especially as a teenager. I just think you're exaggerating the issue by suggesting that all under 12s swear like they're in a Martin Scorcese film. But the shittier the area, the shittier the kids. Because of bad parenting. Which might include letting them watch films they shouldn't be watching?

pls be satire

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 39
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 11/9/2013 9:59:46 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

pls be satire

Possibility. Hence the question mark. Hear a lot of swearing at home, whether from parents or TV, repeat swearing elsewhere.

Dunno. I've actually lost track of what I was trying to say....

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 40
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 12/9/2013 9:03:29 AM   
Chief

quote:

Plus the "precious little angel" jibe was presumptuous and snidey to say the least.

quote:

Teenagers, surely, but under 12s? Depends what shitty area one might live in. I'm sure there are some pre-pubescent kids who swear all the time but they're hardly the norm.

Post #: 41
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 12/9/2013 10:14:17 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

quote:

Teenagers, surely, but under 12s? Depends what shitty area one might live in. I'm sure there are some pre-pubescent kids who swear all the time but they're hardly the norm.

Yes, it was wrong to suggest that the only kids under 12 who swear live in shitty areas, that was not my intention. Last thing I want to do is sound anything like that frightful cunt Katie Hopkins.

But 'Dead Mike' can still go fuck himself.

Now about that 12A....

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 42
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 12/9/2013 4:32:16 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

2 fucks is acceptable but 3 isn't?!Is that the line where children will be corrupted? I'd suggest any parents taking issue with there being 'fucks' in 12A rated films try evesdropping on kids conversations or standing in a school playground, you'll hear more 'fucks' than in a screening of Goodfellas.

Hang out in a lot of playgrounds, do you?

I wouldn't know what the norm is but I hear kids under 12 (on buses, in the street, at the match, etc) swearing all the time, and I'm not just taking about kids from shitty areas either.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 43
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 12/9/2013 4:35:48 PM   
horribleives

Mind, I'm from the north which most people think of as one big shitty area so what do I know.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 44
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 12/9/2013 7:02:18 PM   
Dead Mike

quote:

Nice attitude .First you infer I'm a nonce then this.

Bet you're 'parent of the year'.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 45
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 12/9/2013 7:28:51 PM   
MonsterCat

Oh no you didn't!

You just like totally went there, girl!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Dead Mike)
Post #: 46
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 12/9/2013 7:30:36 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

No, the playground thing was a joke. As someone else pointed out a smiley may have been appropriate for that. Nothing I've said in this thread can possibly reflect on what my parenting skills may be like, and that includes telling you to go fuck yourself. This is an internet forum, not an orphanage. And I assume you're an adult.

Of course, I wouldn't be so abrasive with my children. Other peoples' kids, though...

That last bit there was also a non-serious remark, in case you couldn't tell.

Now, back to that 12A.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dead Mike)
Post #: 47
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 13/9/2013 8:41:38 PM   
jimi junior

to be fair, dead mike's original post did not state that under 12s swear all the time, he simply said they are exposed to a lot of swearing which i suspect is true. It's not like playgrounds are segregated between under and over 12s.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 48
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 14/9/2013 11:54:08 AM   
snaze1

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, the playground thing was a joke. As someone else pointed out a smiley may have been appropriate for that. Nothing I've said in this thread can possibly reflect on what my parenting skills may be like, and that includes telling you to go fuck yourself. This is an internet forum, not an orphanage. And I assume you're an adult.

Of course, I wouldn't be so abrasive with my children. Other peoples' kids, though...

That last bit there was also a non-serious remark, in case you couldn't tell.

Now, back to that 12A.

No your right, nothing you have put can reflect on your parenting skills. However, most of the things you have put clearly expose you as a tosser. You insulted someone with probably the worst slight you could make (Paedophile) and have since been trying to dig yourself out of a hole. I think the best thing you could do is apologise and move on.

Post #: 49
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 14/9/2013 11:59:43 AM   
horribleives

I've read this whole thread twice and I still can't find the bit where he called anyone a paedophile.

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 50
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 14/9/2013 4:57:03 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1
No your right, nothing you have put can reflect on your parenting skills.

You're.

quote:

However, most of the things you have put clearly expose you as a tosser. You insulted someone with probably the worst slight you could make (Paedophile) and have since been trying to dig yourself out of a hole.

That's not true, I could've suggested he rapes animals as well. But actually, it was just a sly dig that could have profited from a helpful smiley, that's all. Don't be so melodramatic.

quote:

I think the best thing you could do is apologise

The only part of this thread I regret is the muddled and not entirely fair remark I made about kids in shitty areas, a point I have already conceded further back on this page. I have nothing to apologise for, and that includes asking Mike, and now you, to go fuck yourselves. If you feel that an apology is in order I can provide one, only it's written in Braille on the end of my penis and can only be read with your tonsils.

quote:

and move on.

He said, determined to stick his own oar in. Good show.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 51
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 14/9/2013 5:24:03 PM   
snaze1

quote:

quote:

No your right, nothing you have put can reflect on your parenting skills.

You're.

quote:

However, most of the things you have put clearly expose you as a tosser. You insulted someone with probably the worst slight you could make (Paedophile) and have since been trying to dig yourself out of a hole.

That's not true, I could've suggested he rapes animals as well. But actually, it was just a sly dig that could have profited from a helpful smiley, that's all. Don't be so melodramatic.

quote:

I think the best thing you could do is apologise

The only part of this thread I regret is the muddled and not entirely fair remark I made about kids in shitty areas, a point I have already conceded further back on this page. I have nothing to apologise for, and that includes asking Mike, and now you, to go fuck yourselves. If you feel that an apology is in order I can provide one, only it's written in Braille on the end of my penis and can only be read with your tonsils.

quote:

and move on.

He said, determined to stick his own oar in. Good show.

Oh well excuse me all over for spelling a word wrong, i didn't realize this was pedants corner.
Seems to me like your just another internet warrior that thinks its ok to have a dig at people online when they wouldn't have the balls to do it in real life.
I do think you owed the guy an apology but as your pathetic attempt at humour shows, you are that pig ignorant you feel your comments don't merit it.

Post #: 52
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 14/9/2013 6:21:52 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Oh well excuse me all over for spelling a word wrong, i didn't realize this was pedants corner.

(grits teeth) Must...resist...

quote:

Seems to me like your just another internet warrior that thinks its ok to have a dig at people online when they wouldn't have the balls to do it in real life.

He said...online.

quote:

I do think you owed the guy an apology but as your pathetic attempt at humour shows, you are that pig ignorant you feel your comments don't merit it.

An apology for what? I think it's quite clear that I don't think anyone in this thread is actually a nonce (well, apart from maybe one or two people) and I never called anyone such a thing. Why you've appointed yourself as Mike's little foot-soldier I've no idea. Get over yourself.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 53
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 14/9/2013 7:35:59 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

You have posted on this forum before, right?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 54
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 14/9/2013 9:20:49 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

How many times did you double check this post before you clicked "OK?" Damn pedants and their paranoia inducing ways.

Anyway... I don't have a problem with swearing in 12A's as long as people are made aware of it beforehand, and if it's justifiable. The swearing in the King's Speech for instance, was necessary as it was highlighting an effective technique for stammerer's to handle their, um, stammers.
That and the subject matter of the film itself was important enough that it should have been made available to most. I personally learnt a few things about speech impediments when I saw it, and sympathised a lot more with an old schoolmate of mine who suffered as a result of one when he was younger.

The swearing in Star Trek felt tacked on, though. It was like watching "Edgy by Committee," with swearing, dimmer lighting, leather jackets... and swearing!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 55
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 15/9/2013 3:29:18 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

How many times did you double check this post before you clicked "OK?"

I'll never tell

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 56
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 15/9/2013 3:20:11 PM   
rich

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 57
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 15/9/2013 6:41:33 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Ha, ha, brilliant...

And as the idiot who brought up the original post, I'd just like to re-affirm my original point...

A lot of people don't like swear words and I think a films BBFC rating should reflect that.  I think that ABOUT TIME  had a mild certificate in view of the language and some people might have been offended by it.  That's all.

Just to go off on a tangent slightly, my Mum likes the TV show BIG SCHOOL and, after watching it on Friday night, actually asked me what 'spaffing' meant...

A slightly awkward Sunday dinner...

Say what now?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 58
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 15/9/2013 9:48:18 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Just to go off on a tangent slightly, my Mum likes the TV show BIG SCHOOL and, after watching it on Friday night, actually asked me what 'spaffing' meant...

?

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 59
RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... - 15/9/2013 11:01:28 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

?

Just to be sure, in case I got it wrong, I looked it up again and found two separate explanations of that word... one quite rude and one so shockingly rude that I'd be amazed if it was put into a primetime BBC1 show... although I wouldn't put it past Walliams...

Suffice to say, it wasn't mentioned in ABOUT TIME...

Say what now?

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: F-Bombs in 12A-rated movies... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI