Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Robocop Reboot Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Robocop Reboot Trailer Online Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 3:22:55 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Hmmmm.... - 6/9/2013 7:45:29 AM   
UTB

I think it looks a lot better than was expected.

Yes its pointless, but we've established that, so what else... someone above says it is missing points from original, well thats good. At least it isn't just pushing the same shit with a lower rating.

there's a great cast here and I have to say I was impressed with the trailer. It looks a shite sight better than Totall Recall 2012 but then I didn't hate the extended version.

looks like the "free will" message will be overcooked though.

< Message edited by UTB -- 6/9/2013 7:47:00 AM >
Post #: 2
RE: Wait, what!?!? - 6/9/2013 8:23:32 AM   
James2183

"Dead or alive you're coming....MEGAZORD!"

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch
Post #: 3
RE: Wait, what!?!? - 6/9/2013 8:46:30 AM   
NCC1701A

Yes they have remade Robocop but guess what even if it's crap you still have the classic 1987 original. That's not going any where. Yes the suit looks dumb but the trailer looked a lot better then I expected it to look.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 4
RE: Wait, what!?!? - 6/9/2013 9:02:53 AM   
waltham1979

It looks like someone wanted to make another TV movie of The Guyver...remember that god awful film Mutronics? This is the same, just without Mark Hamill. But it cant be too bad with Oldman, Keaton, Jackson et al can it? ... can it? ... anybody? ... ...

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 6/9/2013 9:03:31 AM >

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 5
RE: nice - 6/9/2013 9:04:06 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermes16

i was sceptical, but that actually looks pretty sweet. and a bit of michael keaton is always good

One word...Herbie!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting
Post #: 6
RE: Lost it's edge... - 6/9/2013 10:23:11 AM   
Biggus

He doesn't seem any different after he gets blown up. He's fully aware of who he is.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/
Post #: 7
RE: New Suit - 6/9/2013 10:43:01 AM   
jobloffski

Whisper mode...that looks like it might not be as bad as people feared and I like what the trailer shows me and I for one don't think a story has to be explicitly VIOLENT AS FUCK to have a point to make

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.
Post #: 8
RE: New Suit - 6/9/2013 10:48:35 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Whisper mode...that looks like it might not be as bad as people feared and I like what the trailer shows me and I for one don't think a story has to be explicitly VIOLENT AS FUCK to have a point to make

I agree with you.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 9
RE: New Suit - 6/9/2013 10:56:44 AM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

I agree with you.

You guys are dead to me

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 10
RE: New Suit - 6/9/2013 10:57:47 AM   
jobloffski

Nooooooooo!!!!

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 11
RE: New Suit - 6/9/2013 12:54:58 PM   
Dropje

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

did not like early black paint job for the suit but good to see it will follow the bottin design later in the movie.

I fear the movie will start out with him looking like the 1987 silver and black RoboCop, and then they'll change it to all black -- I believe that's what the Michael Keaton character is referring to in the trailer. Kinda like when they trashed B.A.'s van five minutes into the A-Team movie, or when the three-titted hooker showed up in the first ten minutes of the Total Recall remake.
Post #: 12
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 12:58:48 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

While I don't think the original is perfect by any means,

Disagree.

Don't see anything but superficial CG here, some people are hot for that kind of thing. I'm more interested in what makes a film good. "Not as bad as I expected" seems to be the commentary. Wonder if that will be a poster quote.

< Message edited by rich -- 6/9/2013 12:59:45 PM >

Meanwhile...
Post #: 13
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:02:31 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

Disagree.

Don't see anything but supercial CG here, some people are hot for that kind of thing. "Not as bad as I expected" seems to be the commentary. Wonder if that will be a poster quote.

Sure, but sometimes trailers tend to use scenes that are not 100% finished yet.

I think people aren't giving this thing a fair shot and are almost willing it to fail.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 6/9/2013 1:13:50 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 14
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:24:31 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

quote:

Disagree.

Don't see anything but supercial CG here, some people are hot for that kind of thing. "Not as bad as I expected" seems to be the commentary. Wonder if that will be a poster quote.

Sure, but sometimes trailers tend to use scenes that are not 100% finished yet.

I think people aren't giving this thing a fair shot and are almost willing it to fail.

I agree 100 %. I remember the hate about the remake of Fright Night and it turned on to be a fun little film people should wait till they see the film.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 15
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:34:33 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Looks awesome, count me in. Shame it's not in 3D to boot, but it looks really good all the same.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 16
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:38:24 PM   
Cool Breeze

Looks like a kids movie.

Having Murphy " killed " by a car explosion won't have the same terror and impact of him being blown to to pieces by Boddicker and his gang in the original.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 17
RE: New Suit - 6/9/2013 1:40:15 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

did not like early black paint job for the suit but good to see it will follow the bottin design later in the movie.

You have it the wrong way round. The silver design is the first suit we see, then they go for black. This has been stated before and is clear from the trailer also.

Post #: 18
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:41:54 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Looks like a kids movie.

Having Murphy " killed " by a car explosion won't have the same terror and impact of him being blown to to pieces by Boddicker and his gang in the original.

I agree but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they show us scenes presented and played out the same way as in the original, people would be moaning that it's exactly the same.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 19
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:44:17 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Looks awesome, count me in. Shame it's not in 3D to boot, but it looks really good all the same.

Look at this way: if it really does turn out to be a bit pants, Sony might get panicky about it flopping, do a 3D retrofit job in an effort to boost takings and you'll get your wish.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 20
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:44:48 PM   
James2183

quote:

quote:

Looks like a kids movie.

I agree but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they show us scenes presented and played out the same way as in the original, people would be moaning that it's exactly the same.

From the looks of things Murphy isn't killed anyway. So he's basically just a man with robotic parts. Don't want to scare the kids off now, do we.

"Can you fly, Bobby?"

Post #: 21
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:45:48 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

Looks like a kids movie.

It's more than that.The trailer makes this reboot look like it has no edge and is jusy made for kids.In other words the Bay Transformers crowd will probably lap it up.

I won't be buying this for a dollar.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 6/9/2013 1:47:17 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 22
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:48:17 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

Look at this way: if it really does turn out to be a bit pants, Sony might get panicky about it flopping, do a 3D retrofit job in an effort to boost takings and you'll get your wish.

Ha, maybe, although IMO the more likely situation will be they cut their losses and just let it be forgotten quickly.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 23
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:48:45 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

quote:

Looks like a kids movie.

From the looks of things Murphy isn't killed anyway. So he's basically just a man with robotic parts. Don't want to scare the kids off now, do we.

"Can you fly, Bobby?"

True, that's a big difference for a start.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 24
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:51:14 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

Looks like a kids movie.

It's more than that.The trailer makes this reboot look like it has no edge and is jusy made for kids.In other words the Bay Transformers crowd will probably lap it up.

I won't be buying this for a dollar.

Bear in mind the money being spent on this though, It needs to have a low rating to maximise audience attendance. You understand how the industry works as much as anyone, we all knew this was going to be a big budgeted remake, the resulting trailer confirms that yes, this is for a more mainstream crowd. I am not suprised by any of this in the slightest.

There's no guarantee though that the Bay Transformers crowd will lap this up. This is what people were saying before Battleship was released and we all know what a huge hit that was...

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 25
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 1:55:35 PM   
MonsterCat

Two things...

1. Robocop is not a good film because it's graphically violent, it's a good film because it actually has some brains and wit to it. If the remake forsakes intelligence for empty spectacle, then that could be problematic.

2. Did anyone from the studio actually confirm the PG-13 rating?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 6/9/2013 1:56:47 PM >

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 26
RE: Is this a joke???? - 6/9/2013 7:12:19 PM   
James2183

Watching it back and he's not even a robot. He's just a man with body armour.

Just shoot him in the face. Job done.

ED209 > Him

Post #: 27
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 6/9/2013 10:18:15 PM   
rich

quote:

Two things...

1. Robocop is not a good film because it's graphically violent, it's a good film because it actually has some brains and wit to it. If the remake forsakes intelligence for empty spectacle, then that could be problematic.

2. Did anyone from the studio actually confirm the PG-13 rating?

1. Nobody has any brains these days

2. Nobody will risk a hard R-rating these days

Meanwhile...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 7/9/2013 1:01:07 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

1. Nobody has any brains these days

I see you are very much a people person.

quote:

2. Nobody will risk a hard R-rating these days

Yes, studios have a preference over the PG-13, but why does it have to be an R rating? Also, the rating hasn't been confirmed, correct?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 7/9/2013 1:02:37 AM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 29
RE: Robocop Reboot Trailer Online - 7/9/2013 9:10:28 AM   
Willy Wood

They simply can't beat the original, it doesn't look good enough or original enough to beat the first outing, I'll watch it on DVD.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Robocop Reboot Trailer Online Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI