Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Star Wars: Episode VII To Shoot On 35mm

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Wars: Episode VII To Shoot On 35mm Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Wars: Episode VII To Shoot On 35mm - 23/8/2013 12:16:39 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Does it really matter that much? - 23/8/2013 3:16:03 PM   
jmebaby25

Personally I prefer film, but a great movie can be great on film or digital.

The big news here really is that it shows that they're giving JJ free reign and that my fears of Lucas still pulling the strings have thankfully not come to happen

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com
Post #: 2
RE: - 24/8/2013 7:22:25 PM   
jmebaby25

quote:

ORIGINAL: shitneck

I don't care who shoots this on what film, i'm just chuffed to pieces that George Lucas (a.k.a. the money man) has no part in it.
When TPM came out to buy in 1999, instead of releasing it on DVD (which was then the next big thing) he instead insisted it only be released on VHS. Everybody went out to buy it, then about a year later released it on DVD. It's the avarice of the man that has ruined Star Wars, where instead of investing time into making decent movies, he re-re-re-released old material to cash in.
The prequel movies were a complete waste of time as they were only really about Vader's origins and let's be honest we already knew the ending before episode 1.
I'm looking forward to a new story arc, old and new charcters and a story that can now be taken off in many different directions.
And let's be really honest, George Lucas' scriptwriting / storytelling wasn't exactly nobel prize material was it?

I agree about Lucas exploiting the fans and his script writing & directing shortcomings. However, it's worth pointing out that he gave away to charity all the money he made from the sale to Disney

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 24/8/2013 10:21:30 PM   
Hood_Man

I'm not fussy either way what medium it's filmed on, but I have to confess I do like the look of film.

That and Clones and Sith look pretty horrid at times on BluRay, so this should be better.

(in reply to jmebaby25)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot wait for this! - 26/8/2013 3:36:20 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: kielerkai
After some horrible years for Star Wars fans (especially 1999-2005), we finally have something to be really excited about! Bring it on, I say!

1999-2005 were some of the best years for REAL Star Wars fans. Not so great for aging hateboys though.
Post #: 5
- 30/8/2013 12:51:01 AM   
Litshttam

This news suggests that the bulk of the FX work will be in-camera, as shooting digitally's the way to go if one's going the CGI route. Cool!

Is Lucas himself cooling towards CGI, I wonder? With over $2bn worth of Disney stock to his name, he could've scuppered the 35mm route if he'd wanted to...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 6
Er….bit pointless this... - 5/3/2014 3:47:47 PM   
Kai the Film Geek

…given his habit of adding digital lens flares all over the place…and there's no way that the FX will all be in camera…so that's another reason that this announcement is bogus…most of the film will still be digital…maybe he should concentrate on getting a good script first….

Post #: 7
Er….bit pointless this... - 5/3/2014 3:50:07 PM   
Kai the Film Geek

…given his habit of adding digital lens flares all over the place…and there's no way that the FX will all be in camera…so that's another reason that this announcement is bogus…most of the film will still be digital…maybe he should concentrate on getting a good script first….

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Wars: Episode VII To Shoot On 35mm Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI