Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Team Release Mystery Trailer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Team Release Mystery Trailer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Team Release Mystery Trailer - 19/8/2013 6:02:24 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Team Release Mystery Trailer - 20/8/2013 12:14:21 AM   
davidkclark

Did a bit of web research and there's a book that JJ co-wrote coming out in October (soon - like in Stranger), and someone pointed out that the font in the promo pic for S. is exactly the same as in the Stranger video, and given that there's also the fact that the book is called S. and the film is called Stranger this seems to be the most probable theory right now.
Post #: 2
The Voice is.... - 20/8/2013 8:53:51 AM   
pump_action

I think it is Max von Sydow
Post #: 3
RE: Aquaman - 21/8/2013 12:37:07 PM   
Kayotik

Sadly as with all of JJís films, heís an expect at building up intrigue with slight of hand and teasing clues, but no matter what his mysteries have always been incredibly lacklustre in result.
Cloverfield led everyone on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what this monster was and its origins, to discover it was just some generic monster with no real explanation behind it.
Star Trek Into Darkness had everyone trying to figure out who John Harrison was (everyone guessed Khan) so when the reveal came (SPOILER) nobody was surprised.
LostÖdear god, letís not even touch that one.

Likely itíll just be a case of something new and Ďoriginalí and lacking in substance.

Heís a competent director, itís just unfortunate he constantly works with some of the worst writers in the business.
Post #: 4
RE: Frank Langella - 21/8/2013 1:51:27 PM   
UTB

The real Frank Langella or the mysterious man who definitely isn't Frank Langella but also definitely is?
Post #: 5
- 22/8/2013 6:54:41 PM   
jamiemulls

The voice is definitely Frank Langella

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 6
David CLark's comment deserves attention - 23/8/2013 3:24:47 PM   
chris wootton

Highly unlikely this is anything but a teaser for the book

Post #: 7
RE: Aquaman - 27/8/2013 11:50:01 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

Sadly as with all of JJís films, heís an expect at building up intrigue with slight of hand and teasing clues, but no matter what his mysteries have always been incredibly lacklustre in result.
Cloverfield led everyone on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what this monster was and its origins, to discover it was just some generic monster with no real explanation behind it.
Star Trek Into Darkness had everyone trying to figure out who John Harrison was (everyone guessed Khan) so when the reveal came (SPOILER) nobody was surprised.
LostÖdear god, letís not even touch that one.

Likely itíll just be a case of something new and Ďoriginalí and lacking in substance.

Heís a competent director, itís just unfortunate he constantly works with some of the worst writers in the business.

Haven't watched Star Trek 2 yet; was waiting for the DVD this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???????????????????????

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 8
- 2/9/2013 11:47:40 AM   
DouglasW

It took me a while to figure it out but i'm sure that's the voice of Albert Finney...

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Team Release Mystery Trailer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI