Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Super '70s X-Men: Days Of Future Past Still Rolls In

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Super '70s X-Men: Days Of Future Past Still Rolls In Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Super '70s X-Men: Days Of Future Past Still Rolls In - 19/8/2013 12:03:03 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Release the Beast - 19/8/2013 4:33:10 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazzabrook

I'm quite disappointed that McCoy will be appearing in human form for some of the film, I think it takes away all the troubles he went through in First Class

Not least that horrendous cat-prosthetics job that brought to mind Baloo dressed as an orangutan in Disney's Jungle Book. Sheesh.

That actually distracted me from the rest of the film whenever he was on screen.

I do wonder what they'll do to explain it - I'm not sure this...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qexit

In the comics, when Hank McCoy first changed into a furry Beast he wore a mask and gloves to hide his appearance so he could still pass himself off as human. It even lead to a small faux pas in a conversation he had with Warren Worthington, a.k.a. the Angel. Look up 'Amazing Adventures' issues 11-17 for the full story.

...will fly in a live action film to be honest - McCoy didn't have a remotely human face by the end of First Class so it would need to be a hell of a mask. Maybe some ridiculous hologram technology (which would contradict the 70s aesthetic they're going for; early versions of Sentinels might be doable however) or a total retcon of the timeline as a result of the time travel - including the events of First Class - as has been mooted in another thread? Both of these last two would be a mistake in my opinion.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1
Post #: 2
RE: Release the Beast - 19/8/2013 5:14:58 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazzabrook

I'm quite disappointed that McCoy will be appearing in human form for some of the film, I think it takes away all the troubles he went through in First Class

Not least that horrendous cat-prosthetics job that brought to mind Baloo dressed as an orangutan in Disney's Jungle Book. Sheesh.

That actually distracted me from the rest of the film whenever he was on screen.

I do wonder what they'll do to explain it - I'm not sure this...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qexit

In the comics, when Hank McCoy first changed into a furry Beast he wore a mask and gloves to hide his appearance so he could still pass himself off as human. It even lead to a small faux pas in a conversation he had with Warren Worthington, a.k.a. the Angel. Look up 'Amazing Adventures' issues 11-17 for the full story.

...will fly in a live action film to be honest - McCoy didn't have a remotely human face by the end of First Class so it would need to be a hell of a mask. Maybe some ridiculous hologram technology (which would contradict the 70s aesthetic they're going for; early versions of Sentinels might be doable however) or a total retcon of the timeline as a result of the time travel - including the events of First Class - as has been mooted in another thread? Both of these last two would be a mistake in my opinion.

Has Wolverine not been sent back in time to a time before Hank turned into the Beast?

Personally I quite liked the look; although I was expecting him to look a little bigger...which is something my girlfriend said to me when we slept with each other the first time!! thanks I'm here all week...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 3
RE: Release the Beast - 20/8/2013 8:56:25 AM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

Has Wolverine not been sent back in time to a time before Hank turned into the Beast?

Personally I quite liked the look; although I was expecting him to look a little bigger...which is something my girlfriend said to me when we slept with each other the first time!! thanks I'm here all week...

That's the thing - this film is set about ten years after the events of First Class. Hopefully they won't just have his transformation in that film be a temporary thing that reversed between films. Or, worse still, a bit of a Hulk-style occasional transformation. This film isn't as rushed as FC so hopefully they've had time to iron out any wrinkles and come up with a decent explanation.

I didn't so much mind the idea behind the design of the FC Beast look (although I always preferred the more human-looking Beast than the feline one), but the execution let it down badly.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Super '70s X-Men: Days Of Future Past Still Rolls In Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI