Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What Maisie Knew - 14/8/2013 5:47:05 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Aprile is one to watch - 26/10/2013 11:43:06 PM   
nicksinclair01

From the beginning to the end scene Aprile, playing Maisie, is captivating and brings something to the screen that leaves the other actors purely in the shadows.

Do not misunderstand me, there are brilliant performances from Skarsgård and Vanderham who have wonderful onscreen presence.

Moore delivers exactly what is asked of her even though feel a level of dislike of her throughout, until the very end where the incredible acting of Aprile really makes her mother realise what she has done to her child and makes the first decision in Maisie's interest.

You will fall in love with Maisie and your heart will break through out.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Aprile is one to watch - 26/10/2013 11:43:31 PM   
nicksinclair01

From the beginning to the end scene Aprile, playing Maisie, is captivating and brings something to the screen that leaves the other actors purely in the shadows.

Do not misunderstand me, there are brilliant performances from Skarsgård and Vanderham who have wonderful onscreen presence.

Moore delivers exactly what is asked of her even though feel a level of dislike of her throughout, until the very end where the incredible acting of Aprile really makes her mother realise what she has done to her child and makes the first decision in Maisie's interest.

You will fall in love with Maisie and your heart will break through out.

Post #: 3
Stunning - 19/1/2014 8:25:24 AM   
sunflies

This film succeeded entirely in transporting me back to my childhood, both the joy and wonder of the world around us, as well as the fear and uncertainty that parental marital problems bring.
The story is handled with impeccable taste as rom-com style developments unfold in an entirely believable way; no boy band anthems or guitar solos, just art house subtlety.
I was sucked in to Maisie's world and felt everything that she felt, and like Lost In Translation, when the credits roll, you're left wanting to spend some more time with three of the characters.
This film is a house of cards; everything balanced perfectly. My garbled review doesn't do it justice, but time restrictions prohibit me from writing anything further at the moment.
It's one of those films you might feel wary of recommending to your friends in case they don't get it. So I thought I'd use this platform to try and spread the word among those who might be open to this kind if character study.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> What Maisie Knew Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI