Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 Guns - 14/8/2013 5:31:21 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Really? - 14/8/2013 5:31:21 PM   
echoalpha92

So I click to read the full review...and there it is, a full three sentences....
Fan.fucking.tastic

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Poor review - Great film - 14/8/2013 7:18:48 PM   
axeman

I have to say Empire amazed on this one - Not purely for the subjective review with which I disagree (and lets be honest, yours is only one opinion, and no more valid than anybody else's in reality), but for the awful review. Could the reviewer even be bothered to do a decent job - Enough of the 'oh so clever' remarks about Michael Bay directing and Shane Black script, etc etc...Try saying something a little more enlightening. As for the film - my own opinion is that it was certainly worthy of four stars. Plot contrivances and holes aside (and you show me a film - even a five star one - which DOESNT have them!), it delivered some great laughs, decent action sequences, great chemistry between Washington and Wahlberg, and ultimately a very satisfying cinema experience. Saw this at a pretty packed preview screening and the audience was genuinely laughing out loud (at the right points in the film!), and from what I could tell afterwards most people seem to leave very satisfied. It is a nice throwback to those 80's adult action flicks where people could swear, they showed the violence, and it wasn't watered down for a 12A rating. I am as critical as anybody about some of the rubbish churned out today, but this was a good film, and certainly worthy of somebody spending more than 2 minutes on the review! Poor show Empire!

Post #: 3
Poor review - Great film - 14/8/2013 7:18:51 PM   
axeman

I have to say Empire amazed on this one - Not purely for the subjective review with which I disagree (and lets be honest, yours is only one opinion, and no more valid than anybody else's in reality), but for the awful review. Could the reviewer even be bothered to do a decent job - Enough of the 'oh so clever' remarks about Michael Bay directing and Shane Black script, etc etc...Try saying something a little more enlightening. As for the film - my own opinion is that it was certainly worthy of four stars. Plot contrivances and holes aside (and you show me a film - even a five star one - which DOESNT have them!), it delivered some great laughs, decent action sequences, great chemistry between Washington and Wahlberg, and ultimately a very satisfying cinema experience. Saw this at a pretty packed preview screening and the audience was genuinely laughing out loud (at the right points in the film!), and from what I could tell afterwards most people seem to leave very satisfied. It is a nice throwback to those 80's adult action flicks where people could swear, they showed the violence, and it wasn't watered down for a 12A rating. I am as critical as anybody about some of the rubbish churned out today, but this was a good film, and certainly worthy of somebody spending more than 2 minutes on the review! Poor show Empire!

Post #: 4
Poor review - Great film - 14/8/2013 10:09:23 PM   
axeman

Post #: 5
2 Guns. Well, more than 2 actually... - 15/8/2013 12:47:42 AM   
TheMightyBlackout

2 Guns' real strength lies in the banter and bickering between Wahlberg and Washington. It's loud, it's funny and it's thoroughly disposable. But if you don't expect too much of it, you might not be let down.

More reviews and rambling like that ^^^ at: >>>WorldOfBlackout.co.uk <<<

Post #: 6
RE: Poor review - Great film - 15/8/2013 7:42:48 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: axeman

subjective review

What else would a review be?

I see they've got the DEA/Intelligence thing around the correct way now - no thanks for pointing it out, mind.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 15/8/2013 7:45:14 AM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to axeman)
Post #: 7
GREAT MOVIE! - 18/8/2013 8:55:33 PM   
tysmuse

Guns. Tits. Lols.

Post #: 8
RE: 2 Guns - 21/8/2013 10:47:25 PM   
GCH

Very satisfying film. Just delivers entertainment and we thought a solid 3 stars was in order. Also, what an amazing cast for a reasonably low profile film. Not only the two leads, but Commander Adama, Cyclops, Bill Paxton, the sidekick from Tremors and a nearly naked Paula Patton. Wow!

If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball

Post #: 9
Enjoyable - 26/8/2013 11:49:06 AM   
bretty

A good buddy movie with two good leads. Yeah the plot leaves something to be desired but you just need to switch off and enjoy the fun.

Post #: 10
2 guns are better than one - 11/9/2013 11:25:58 PM   
Jungle23

2 guns are better than one and the same can be said for the star rating I give this film (a consolation for its makers). It's okay; it's not as if I didn't enjoy it. Try and imagine Bad Boys without the awesomeness, a Michael Bay film without the funny bits if you will. It was hardly intriguing, however I don't resent watching it. I just think it says something when the best part of the film was Mickey Rourke peeing on his hands. There is no more to be said.

Post #: 11
RE: Poor review - Great film - 3/10/2013 10:13:25 PM   
dseys

quote:

ORIGINAL: axeman

Couldn't agree more. And for me it's a solid 3-star movie: cool and funny, but not unforgettable. Especially loved the wonderful chemistry between the two leads, that alone was worth the price of admission!

(in reply to axeman)
Post #: 12
RE: Poor review - Great film - 10/10/2013 1:49:08 AM   
CriticNumberOne

Below average.Wahlberg is his usual self,the problem is Washington.
He can't do comedy.He acts like he's chasing an Oscar.
Badly written with average acting.

Film.Involve me,engage me,encapsulate me,make me feel.
Never disinterest me.

(in reply to dseys)
Post #: 13
RE: Poor review - Great film - 31/12/2013 11:55:53 AM   
chang

Two hours of brainless action packed with some great laughs and featuring two actors clearly enjoying their time together.
quote:

2 Guns

(in reply to CriticNumberOne)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> 2 Guns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI