Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Roberto Orci And Alex Kurtzman Set To Write Star Trek 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Roberto Orci And Alex Kurtzman Set To Write Star Trek 3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Roberto Orci And Alex Kurtzman Set To Write Star Trek 3 - 6/8/2013 7:56:25 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 6/8/2013 7:56:25 AM   
herbertwest1701

As only a modest hit (at least in the US) it felt like a new Trek film was in danger of falling into a development black hole, so this is great news. As to Orci and Kurtzman returning I also think this is very good news - they've taken a lot of flak, but I believe they have genuinely great respect for canon (even to the extent of poring over Star Trek novel) without being a slave to it - they know when to take risky liberties. They may not always pay off (Kirk's engine room trip) but like the man himself would say, 'risk is our business'...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Really? - 6/8/2013 8:04:23 AM   
El-Branden Brazil

That's a shame! Well, third time lucky lads, in getting a story that is not generic.
TIP 1: Try to avoid the trap of cliched villains flying around in big, black ships.
TIP 2: Strange, new worlds. Exploration please. No more Earth!
TIP 3: More McCoy.
TIP 4: Less bangs and more smarts.
TIP 5: No more space dives... Geez, three movies in a row.
TIP 6: Tighten the story, so that there are no mighty gaping plot holes. Old Spock in a cave, in the right location to save Kirk. REALLY?
TIP 7: Rather than paint-by-numbers, please paint-by-imagination. The pallet is full of infinite possibilities.
TIP 8: Oh, okay then. I will write the story for you.

Post #: 3
Really? - 6/8/2013 8:08:50 AM   
El-Branden Brazil

That's a shame! Well, third time lucky lads, in getting a story that is not generic.
TIP 1: Try to avoid the trap of cliched villains flying around in big, black ships.
TIP 2: Strange, new worlds. Exploration please. No more Earth!
TIP 3: More McCoy.
TIP 4: Less bangs and more smarts.
TIP 5: No more space dives... Geez, three movies in a row.
TIP 6: Tighten the story, so that there are no mighty gaping plot holes. Old Spock in a cave, in the right location to save Kirk. REALLY?
TIP 7: Rather than paint-by-numbers, please paint-by-imagination. The pallet is full of infinite possibilities.
TIP 8: Oh, okay then. I will write the story for you.

Post #: 4
Something original Captain? - 6/8/2013 10:28:37 AM   
darthmhall101

Lets hope the writers can come up with a refreshing new story this time instead of just a remake. Oh yeah and get rid of Simon Pegg!!

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Roberto Orci And Alex Kurtzman Set To Write Star Trek 3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI