Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bryan Singer Poses With A Days Of Future Past Sentinel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bryan Singer Poses With A Days Of Future Past Sentinel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bryan Singer Poses With A Days Of Future Past Sentinel - 2/8/2013 9:07:39 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: 'Aren't you a little short for a Sentinel?' - 2/8/2013 10:15:04 AM   
Gazzabrook

I agree a little short but still cool, I still remember as a kid wolverine jumping on the shoulders to slice their necks off, guess the movie won't be going down that route. But if you look at the Trask Website they make reference to there being 9 different models over time, maybe this is just Mark I or Mark II (on one of the legs it says "sent2" whether that means anything remains to be seen
Post #: 2
RE: looks cool - 2/8/2013 2:43:23 PM   
FoximusPrime

I really like the look of this sentinel. I'd imagine there'll be some form of CGI enhancement, even if it's just a force-field or something. They could go mental and add CGI armour...

quote:

ORIGINAL: MCorcoran

I think the sentinel looks alright, they'll probably be fast and agile given there size in the pic. Looking forward to days, but my main worry is fitting the original franchise with first class. At the start of last stand we saw xavier and magneto still buddies, and charlie was walking. But by the end of first class xavier was in the chair and the 2 had gone their seperate ways, as well as magneto turning up in full costume. Wonder will they try and explain this or just gloss over it and use first class as the point where the charlie and eric split up.

This is one of the bugbears I have with First Class: it simply contradicted what the first three told / showed us - they were too wishy washy as to whether it was a reboot or a prequel (clearly a prequel now). If reboot, knock yourselves out with new stories and characters but don't give direct reference to the other films (Wolverine...), if a prequel you really need to adhere to what was set out in the earlier films at least a bit (Charles and Erik's meeting and strong friendship, Moira not being a pensioner and the above-mentioned prologue both in Last Stand...).

Hopefully the addition of time travel isn't going to lead us to a Star Trek knock-off alternate reality in a half-arsed attempt to explain it.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1
Post #: 3
RE: looks cool - 2/8/2013 4:50:29 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

I really like the look of this sentinel. I'd imagine there'll be some form of CGI enhancement, even if it's just a force-field or something. They could go mental and add CGI armour...

quote:

ORIGINAL: MCorcoran

I think the sentinel looks alright, they'll probably be fast and agile given there size in the pic. Looking forward to days, but my main worry is fitting the original franchise with first class. At the start of last stand we saw xavier and magneto still buddies, and charlie was walking. But by the end of first class xavier was in the chair and the 2 had gone their seperate ways, as well as magneto turning up in full costume. Wonder will they try and explain this or just gloss over it and use first class as the point where the charlie and eric split up.

This is one of the bugbears I have with First Class: it simply contradicted what the first three told / showed us - they were too wishy washy as to whether it was a reboot or a prequel (clearly a prequel now). If reboot, knock yourselves out with new stories and characters but don't give direct reference to the other films (Wolverine...), if a prequel you really need to adhere to what was set out in the earlier films at least a bit (Charles and Erik's meeting and strong friendship, Moira not being a pensioner and the above-mentioned prologue both in Last Stand...).

Hopefully the addition of time travel isn't going to lead us to a Star Trek knock-off alternate reality in a half-arsed attempt to explain it.

That is actually the explanation they're going with; alternate timeline.

Personally I thought First Class was just a bit of a mess. Too cartoony and silly at times, especially the kids naming everyone..oh god that made me cringe. "You're Magneto and you're Professor X!"

I'll be honest I rate Last Stand higher that First Class. Hell I even rate Green Lantern above First Class.

Have high hopes for Days Of Future Past though.

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 4
RE: continuity - 2/8/2013 5:03:38 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazzabrook

I think people need to get over the few and small continuity errors such as Prof.x walking to fetch jean and magneto helping build cerebro, as let's face it no one knew they were going to make First class trilogy when they made the original plus first class would not have been as good if Eric and Charles stayed friends or if Charles could still walk. Also I point out this is time travel we are dealing with and therefore the events of the past can be changed resulting in xmen one two and three being void as a result of the older xmen interfering in DOFP, let's just wait and see what happens shall we

There's also Charles' story to Logan in X-Men about how he met Erik when he was seventeen...

They may not have known First Class was coming when X-Men was made, but they knew the first three films existed when First Class was made. Not difficult to either write the script to suit, or crucially, not explicitly contradict those films. Or even to just draw a line and reboot that mother. I think it boils down to the short turnaround Fox gave the production though, which doesn't excuse those failings of course.

And I disagree about FC not being as good had Charles and Erik stayed friends, or Charles didn't get crippled...if, as you say, it's a FC trilogy, the arc could / should have built to the shattering of their friendship in the third film. More importantly we could have seen their friendship build because I didn't really get the impression that these two were such close friends by the end of FC so the parting of ways didn't resonate, since the events seem to occur over a matter of weeks. It seemed they just wanted to build to Fassbender in the Magneto costume and Charles in the wheelchair so the audience could nudge each other and go, "Eh? Eh? Look who it is!".

To clarify, I'm not moaning about FC ruining my childhood or anything, merely bemoaning a missed opportunity to build something great rather than good, for the sake of a tighter script.

Post #: 5
RE: looks cool - 2/8/2013 5:10:22 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

Personally I thought First Class was just a bit of a mess. Too cartoony and silly at times, especially the kids naming everyone..oh god that made me cringe. "You're Magneto and you're Professor X!"

I'll be honest I rate Last Stand higher that First Class. Hell I even rate Green Lantern above First Class.

Seems a bit cheap to do an alternate timeline to free themselves from the earlier films so soon after Star Trek - will that be the new fad in blockbusters?

Wouldn't work in X-Men anyway simply because all the contradictions have taken place ten years before the events of this film.

God, I forgot about the naming part! And the frankly pointless Angel and Banshee characters.

I actually have high hopes for this one too - I suspect the huge list of characters will just be fleeting glances of them (Iceman, etc.) rather than a clusterfuck.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 6
RE: looks cool - 2/8/2013 5:44:52 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

Seems a bit cheap to do an alternate timeline to free themselves from the earlier films so soon after Star Trek - will that be the new fad in blockbusters?

Wouldn't work in X-Men anyway simply because all the contradictions have taken place ten years before the events of this film.

God, I forgot about the naming part! And the frankly pointless Angel and Banshee characters.

I actually have high hopes for this one too - I suspect the huge list of characters will just be fleeting glances of them (Iceman, etc.) rather than a clusterfuck.

Well in the comics it was only Wolverine who went back in time.

I know, I hate the alternate timeline excuse. It only worked for the Sarah Connor Chronicles because that actually made more sense as to the constant stream of time-travellers changing things.

Let's not forget..."Bullet deflected! Ha! Oh shit sorry Charles..."

It just felt rushed despite the lengthy running time. Not enough planning behind it and thought ahead.

And seriously who ok'd this;

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28900000/Hank-McCoy-hank-mccoy-beast-28940422-640-427.jpg

< Message edited by Kayotik -- 2/8/2013 5:46:35 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: looks cool - 2/8/2013 7:16:37 PM   
MCorcoran

I'm not one to get hung up on minor plot holes or small continuity gaps as long as i enjoy the film. But i agree with others that first class was a missed opportunity, the chemistry between the 2 leads was good and they should have stayed friends into the next film. If they were going for a reboot why have a Hugh Jackman cameo?
They knew what had come before them, and singer was involved so it shouldn't have been too hard to tighten up the script a bit. But with the man who started the super hero movie boom back in charge I'm optimisitc that days could be a cracker.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bryan Singer Poses With A Days Of Future Past Sentinel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI