Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 3/7/2006 7:15:06 PM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: swan

ahh i'm well annoyed i no who the mystery woman on the side is stupid tv times magazine!!

Yeah so do I now thanks to Channel 5 and thier previews.

Oh well I'm looking forward to tonights episode immenseley. Should be a corker.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 61
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 3/7/2006 11:35:22 PM   
nomimalone

Good episode this evening, really enjoying this series.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 62
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 4/7/2006 2:43:15 PM   
Merly

I felt sorry for the other wives in last nights episode. Bill was paying all his attention to Barb and the others were being neglected I feel. I feel so sorry for Margene. She takes so much flack and she very rarely complains. I just wanted to hug her last night. I know I keep saying this but she's so cute. Nikki can be a right bitch can't she? That was so mean when she told Margene she was the weakest link and then told Barb that she was a pro at lying.

I love this show. I'm gonna buy it when it comes out on dvd.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 63
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 17/7/2006 11:35:16 PM   
Zatoichi

Helloooo...is anyone still watching?

Still good.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 64
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 18/7/2006 11:07:07 AM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zatoichi

Helloooo...is anyone still watching?

Still good.

Yep I am. Itís getting very interesting. It was so funny last night when Sarah bought her friend home (keep forgetting her name). The looks on all their faces was priceless especially Bill. Then when she said to Bill and Barb ďI have very strong views on polygamy, Iíd like to talk to you about it sometimeĒ the look on Barbs face was hilarious.

I also had to laugh at Margene, sitting on the sofa watching Aerobics and eating cereal while her house (including the TV) was covered in Lipstick from one of Nikkiís little horrors. Lots of things made me chuckle last night.

I think itís been unfair of Bill and Barb to carry on behind everyones backs. Bill has really been neglecting Nikki and Margene and in a relationship like that you just canít do that. Everyone should be treated equally. Thatís why these relationships rarely work out because someone always ends up being favoured. Iím such a jealous person, thereís just no way I could share my husband.

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 65
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 31/7/2006 4:16:32 PM   
Jackie Boy

Double header on 5 tonight,i've started to warm to the show but i reckon it's still a poor mans replacement for Six Feet.

"If you're not against me,don't cross this line! If yes,do."

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 66
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 31/7/2006 4:32:33 PM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jackie Boy

Double header on 5 tonight,i've started to warm to the show but i reckon it's still a poor mans replacement for Six Feet.

Why do people keep comparing it to six feet under though? Theyíre not even similar. Infact theyíre completely different. One is a quirky black comedy drama about a family of undertakers and the other is a drama about Polygamy. Whereís the similarity. Big love isnít even quirky, itís just a drama that happens to be about a slightly unusual subject. Itís quite a serious show really. No black humour like Six Feet. I do love six feet under though. Itís better than Big Love I agree, I just donít think you can compare the two.

(in reply to Jackie Boy)
Post #: 67
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 31/7/2006 4:41:31 PM   
Zatoichi

My only real niggle with the show is that the episodes seem very slightly too long. Maybe it's the breaks. But anyway, we're in for a good night...tonight.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 68
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 31/7/2006 4:47:29 PM   
Merly

Yeah channel 5 are bastards for breaks though. Every 5 bloody minutes

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 69
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 31/7/2006 4:50:14 PM   
Jackie Boy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merly

quote:

Why do people keep comparing it to six feet under though? They're not even similar. Infact they're completely different. One is a quirky black comedy drama about a family of undertakers and the other is a drama about Polygamy. Where's the similarity. Big love isn't even quirky, it's just a drama that happens to be about a slightly unusual subject. It's quite a serious show really. No black humour like Six Feet. I do love six feet under though. It's better than Big Love I agree, I just don't think you can compare the two.

Simply cos this drama was a direct replacement for Six Feet on HBO,that's the main reason anyway.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 70
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 1/8/2006 10:52:53 AM   
Merly

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why do people keep comparing it to six feet under though? They're not even similar. Infact they're completely different. One is a quirky black comedy drama about a family of undertakers and the other is a drama about Polygamy. Where's the similarity. Big love isn't even quirky, it's just a drama that happens to be about a slightly unusual subject. It's quite a serious show really. No black humour like Six Feet. I do love six feet under though. It's better than Big Love I agree, I just don't think you can compare the two.

Simply cos this drama was a direct replacement for Six Feet on HBO,that's the main reason anyway.

Oh okay

(in reply to Jackie Boy)
Post #: 71
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 1/8/2006 11:31:36 AM   
Zatoichi

Great episodes last night. As meine mutter is constantly pointing out, everything's unravelling.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 72
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 4/8/2006 8:00:21 PM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: lulu karma

Nikki is fairly complex at all times but later on you begin to see how complicated the situation is with Margene and her decision to join the family.  At times I'm shocked by how young she is in comparison to the other wives in attitude and just in what seems to be life experience.  On the other hand, Nikki and Barb have quite a detailed history as wives that gives them a bit of an unfair edge to Margene. Still, even with this long history, Nikki is not exactly the warmest person!

I just wanna say that i'm absolutely loving the series and i am developing a bit of a crush on Bill Paxton - how old is he?  In his 40's?  Anyway he looks good.  It has just enough comedy and plot twists to keep me interested.  I want to see what will happen with the rivalry between Roman and Bill's charactor.  I love Chloe Sevigny's wife and how uptight she is.  What makes it interesting is all the tensions between the wives plus the rivallry between Bill and Roman which seems to be heating up!!!!!

I get the feeling that the youngest wife is not all that happen with the situation (she is such a child herself) i wonder if she'll stay?  Hmmm...

Anyway thoroughly enjoying it.  Only Ch5 will prob not show it until next July or June too long for me so i might have to download...

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 73
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 12:13:24 AM   
Zatoichi

Can't wait for the next series now, to find out how they deal with exposure. Things are not looking good...

Thankfully, the C5 Lady Voice at the end said the series would be returning "soon".

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 74
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 1:02:40 PM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zatoichi

Can't wait for the next series now, to find out how they deal with exposure. Things are not looking good...

Thankfully, the C5 Lady Voice at the end said the series would be returning "soon".

Yippeeeeee. Can't wait. I've asked Play.com to e mail when the first season becomes available to pre order
I love it.

quote:

I just wanna say that i'm absolutely loving the series and i am developing a bit of a crush on Bill Paxton - how old is he?  In his 40's?

He's actually 51. He does look good. I've always fancied Bill Paxton. I think he's great.

quote:

I get the feeling that the youngest wife is not all that happen with the situation (she is such a child herself) i wonder if she'll stay?  Hmmm...

I was wondering the same thing at first but then she seemed to come around a couple of episodes ago when she asked Bill to Baptise her and said she wanted to be married to all of them and not just Bill. Anyway now she's pregnant again so I don't think she's going anywhere.
I love Ginnifer Goodwin. I think she's utterley gorgeous. So Cute.

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 75
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 1:17:01 PM   
swan

omg it was so good!i actually cried!and yes she said 'soon' oh the excitement!
haha i heart wanda how brilliant.

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 76
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 4:13:17 PM   
michaelqb

was a great show last night.. as usual

cant stand nikki
love margie.. and barb.. not sure which one id have if i had to pick just 1 wife!

does anyoneremember what the last words of teh season were.. i remember when they were crying barb said something like she deserved this
then nikki said something.. what was it?

It takes two to lie.. one to lie and another to listen.

That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 77
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 4:14:20 PM   
swan

your our first lady.

*sniffle*

i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to michaelqb)
Post #: 78
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 4:22:59 PM   
michaelqb

thanks swan ur a star

though i bet nikki didnt mean it..

by the way is anyone else scared of traveling in middle america after scenes set in the compound

That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 79
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 4:43:59 PM   
swan

yuhuh! and now i'll never look at french plaits the same way again!
its weird like ive complety seperated the character nikki from chloe sevigny so it like i know chloe sevigny  is a snappy dressy and quite hot but i actually gasped when nikki came out dressed all normal and shizzle it was crraazy!

i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to michaelqb)
Post #: 80
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 5:20:02 PM   
michaelqb

quote:

i know chloe sevigny  is a snappy dressy and quite hot

bit too generous there

yeah the pony tail thing is crazy but even when shes dressed 'normaly' id still place barb n margie way above (guess i have a think for dark haired) - but have you seen ms sevigny in brown bunny.. versatile as an actress.. but not hot even when shes tryin to be

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 81
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 8/8/2006 5:26:43 PM   
swan

shes definately not conventionally hot but shes quirky and has like a twiggy androgyny about her and that is hot but bruns are always better(obviously,bein a brun myself...)

i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to michaelqb)
Post #: 82
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 11/8/2006 7:32:15 PM   
Jackie Boy

quote:

ORIGINAL: swan

shes definately not conventionally hot but shes quirky and has like a twiggy androgyny about her and that is hot but bruns are always better(obviously,bein a brun myself...)

My preference for blondes aside,i think Nicki's easily the most interesting of all Bill's wives,she's just so spirited when compared to Barb or Margie.I reckon that little bit of spunk gives her an edge and while she's not a natural beauty she's definitely got sex appeal.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 83
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 12/8/2006 6:25:11 PM   
smila darcy

Any news on Series 2?

How long do we have, twenty minutes and thirty seconds? Let's go!

All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

(in reply to Jackie Boy)
Post #: 84
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 13/8/2006 4:10:48 PM   
princessa

Just wanna say i just watched the tape of the series final.  Brilliant and heartbreaking - sad what happened to Barb though.  Anyway just want to add that the Prophits little 'child bride' to be - WHAT A B*****!!!  I wouldn't want to get on her bad side.  I want to see what happens to her next season - will her marriage go ahead i wonder?

(in reply to smila darcy)
Post #: 85
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 14/8/2006 12:27:14 PM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: princessa

Just wanna say i just watched the tape of the series final.  Brilliant and heartbreaking - sad what happened to Barb though.  Anyway just want to add that the Prophits little 'child bride' to be - WHAT A B*****!!!  I wouldn't want to get on her bad side.  I want to see what happens to her next season - will her marriage go ahead i wonder?

I hope she gets run over by a truck carrying twinkies. She's vile. And give Sarah her Ipod back you thieving little toad

I think Chloe Sevigny is really attractive. Not as Nikki but she's really interesting looking whilst not being generically beautiful. Giniffer Goodwin's very cute though.

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 86
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 14/8/2006 2:12:32 PM   
Grunny

abit late to the forum but this show was intressting and truly original
plus I also love Ginnifer Goodwin. she really is gorgeous and so so so cute
tryed to put a pic in but i didn;t know how to?!?!  grrrr

< Message edited by Grunny -- 14/8/2006 2:14:04 PM >

ďPeople are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.Ē

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 87
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 14/8/2006 8:18:34 PM   
Jackie Boy

quote:

I love Ginnifer Goodwin. I think she's utterley gorgeous. So Cute.

What's wrong with this pic Grunny? Agree with y'all,she's as cute as a button.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 88
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 17/8/2006 5:53:59 PM   
princessa

quote:

I hope she gets run over by a truck carrying twinkies. She's vile. And give Sarah her Ipod back you thieving little toad

I think Chloe Sevigny is really attractive. Not as Nikki but she's really interesting looking whilst not being generically beautiful. Giniffer Goodwin's very cute though.

NOooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love her charactor even though she is slightly evil.  I don't get what she did to Barb though it makes no sense because now she's back stuck on the compound.  You can tell that she wants to live outside the compound.  So its weird that she did what she did...FOOL!!!!  So she stole Sarah's Ipod eh?  Didn't see that ep!!!!  Further proof that she definitely wants out the compound.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 89
RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 - 22/8/2006 6:48:48 PM   
furrybastard

Just watched this series and loved it! I kept hoping they'd have Bill Paxton say "Game over, man, game over!" like in Aliens 

Just remembered where I knew his mom from as well - Sarah Palmer in Twin Peaks! Except she had a crazy red afro thing going on in that

So do people think it was the child bride who told on her? I thought it was their neighbours cos' you saw the guy standing outside in the end watching as they all hurried in, and the woman seemed kind of upset when Margie told her they couldn't be friends anymore.

Anyway, great show. Anyone know when season 2 begins?

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Big Love: HBO Series Begins June 12 Channel 5 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI