Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you see it?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you see it? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 26/10/2013 12:31:29 PM   
Cool Breeze

Cork multiplex cinema ireland.It was a 4pm showing and il,never forget the SCREAMS from some of the younger members of the audience during the T-rex attack!

I really enjoyed it at the time but its one of those movies i havnt really revisted much.To be honest i think its a little bit overated.The fx were ( and still are ) fantastic but some of the acting isnt very good ( Richard Attenborough couldnt seem to decide whether his character was english or scottish ) and the plot isnt up to much.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to LB)
Post #: 31
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 22/11/2013 2:59:28 AM   
adamthehorrorfan

I think I might have rented the film at my local Blockbuster as a kid but I cannot remember how old I was. I remember getting it on VHS later when I was about 10 years old I think, which I regret later selling as I no longer have a VCR anymore to watch videos.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 32
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 22/11/2013 4:49:53 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Haha, I had to watch it on the couch with my parents on either side, determined to cover my eyes if anything horrific happened.

I'd very much wanted to see it in theaters but was denied that chance simply because I was 7 years old! Pff...

(in reply to adamthehorrorfan)
Post #: 33
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 11/12/2013 1:20:28 AM   
pauljeremiah

The Savoy Cinema in Limerick (aka The Rats Nest - tuck your trousers into your socks), was 12 at the time. I was awe inspired by the T-Rex and scared shitless by the Raptors.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 34
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 29/12/2013 3:04:30 AM   
paul_lfc

quote:

ORIGINAL: iceman2013
My mum made the childminder fast-forward through the 'gory' bits though so I didn't get to see the lawyer eaten off the toilet until a few years later!

My mum made a child minder called Nathan do that with kindergarten cop! Arnold Schwarzeneggers character got out of his car and cocked his shotgun and from then on he jumped out of his seat to fast forward nearly everything, stupid jobs worth skinny twat

(in reply to iceman2013)
Post #: 35
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 29/12/2013 12:30:30 PM   
superdan

Late to this thread, but I remember it like it was yesterday. The UCI at The Point in Bracknell, 17th July 1993. I'd just turned 14. Me, my dad and my sister got pretty much the last three tickets on sale for the Saturday matinee, I had to sit on the front row away from the others as there weren't three seats together. Probably the most excited I've ever been to see a film, and it didn't disappoint.

(in reply to paul_lfc)
Post #: 36
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 31/12/2013 12:44:04 AM   
ElephantBoy

I saw it twice at the cinema upon its release, first with my Mum and then a week or two later with my older brother, saw it at the Showcase Cinema in my home town of Peterborough. And yeah as a kid it made quite an impact on me seeing it on the big screen, almost like it was a horror movie. I remember around the time when we saw a different film, and could still hear the Dinosaurs from the next room, that was funny

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 37
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 31/12/2013 1:14:48 PM   
snaze1

Very happy memories of seeing this.
Saw it 3 times during its initial run in 1993.
First time with my then girlfriend, now wife.
Second time with her and her family and third time with my late dad (Was the last film i went to see with him).
And countless times since on tv, vhs & dvd and the vfx are still better than so many films made since.
When i got my first 42" tv & surround sound it was the film (T Rex attack especially!) i would put on when people came round to show it off

< Message edited by snaze1 -- 31/12/2013 1:15:28 PM >

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 38
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 1/1/2014 4:54:54 PM   
Third Eye

Saw it for the first time at the now demolished Northwich Regal. I was 8 and I'd gone with my Dad who slept through most of the film, to be fair he fell asleep during every movie we went to. I've lost count of the times I've watched it since, from VHS release, to multiple DVD releases and other times when I've flicked across it randomly on TV and ended up watching it all again. Caught the cinema rerelease a few years back and took the misses to the IMAX 3D when that was out as well.

The pitch-black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light.

And thus, the saga begins.....

Twitter: oli2033

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 39
RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you ... - 5/1/2014 11:38:46 AM   
TTTcreo

The first time I went to the cinema I was 10 and my mom took me to a nearby movie theater in Madrid. The film was Jurassic Park and nothing would be same after that. One of the best times of my life.

I really love that film!

< Message edited by TTTcreo -- 5/1/2014 11:41:43 AM >

(in reply to Third Eye)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Happy 20th Birthday Jurassic Park - Where did you see it? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI