Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bye bye Bale!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Bye bye Bale! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bye bye Bale! - 25/7/2013 9:02:04 PM   
rj28sc

Am I the only one happy so see the back of Bale? I don't know why people rate the Batman films so highly? Batman is meant to be the World's greatest detective and a master of disguise. All that he came across as was a less cool, Tony Stark who was full of angst! Sorry but Bale SHOULDN'T (there I said it) be Batman. We need a Batman who is actually the Batman we love in the comics. Not some playboy with expensive toys... Oh and Bring back the BATMOBILE!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 26/7/2013 3:53:39 AM   
jazzyjules63

My first choice for Bats would be Fassbender but he won't do it. Plus I'm saving him for Bond. Gosling has the brooding thing but is his voice too high? Someone else mentioned Thomas Jane but is he too old? I also like Charlie Hunnam for Aquaman or the Flash. The baddie would have to be Luthor. I know he's been done so many times but he's Superman's Joker and it would make sense for the storyline to have Luthor and Bruce Wayne involved in some deal and Bruce finds out Luthor's up to no good... They could even accelrate the timeline and have Luthor as president who orders Supes to hunt down Bats.

Post #: 32
Gotta be JGL - 26/7/2013 9:45:11 AM   
phil81

The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect end to Nolan's Bat-verse and very firmly set Joseph Gordon-levitt up as the new Batman. As Man of Steel was shooting at the same time (its release date was pushed back a year) I can't believe Nolan was unaware of this cross-over plan. Having Bale come back would seriously weaken the ending of Nolan's trilogy, which I think everyone involved would be loathe to do. If I was JGL I'd be very annoyed not to at least get an audition for the new Batman.

Post #: 33
RE: Gotta be JGL - 26/7/2013 10:09:00 AM   
britesparc

I don't think JGL would want to do it. Plus, let's face it, we want the proper Bruce Wayne Batman in this.

Also, I think Nolan's trilogy should totally stand alone and not be involved in a crossover.

Let's have a new Batman with a brand-new actor in the role.

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to phil81)
Post #: 34
RE: Gotta be JGL - 26/7/2013 10:32:45 AM   
phil81

You're probably right. I think if they do go for a completely new take on Batman from Nolan's, he may be very much a tech-heavy 'super'hero rather than Nolan's 'realistic' version. I think to actually fight Superman he'd have to be very different but yeah, Bruce Wayne still being Bats would be nice.

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 35
RE: New title. - 26/7/2013 11:27:01 AM   
MartinaBarber

As I said I think it should be a Superman Movie. Superman: Beginnings. to illustrate the start of the Justice League.

Also Batman knows Supes ID and Supes knows Batmans (due to Supes xray vision) but I'd like Bruce Wayne to have a "meeting" with Lex in "my version" of the movies(s)

(in reply to MarkMcW)
Post #: 36
RE: New title. - 26/7/2013 11:38:23 AM   
britesparc

Ideally Batman will be smart enough to line his cowl with lead ;-)

Although if Lois Lane can figure out Supes' ID in the new continuity, surely Bruce Wayne - the world's greatest detective, apparently - will be able to deduce who he is behind the glasses?

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to MartinaBarber)
Post #: 37
Urban Knight - 26/7/2013 6:11:22 PM   
thecookster101

Some crazy names being thrown around for the Bat here. One choice KARL URBAN. Not only for the intensity, the 'man of few words' quality he brought to Dredd (not to mention THAT jaw and mouth in the cowl!), but also you can see from Dredd that he's able to do his research and bring the comic book mythos to life rather than give his 'take' on the character. Agree with JonGy...be nice to see him back as the mysterious guy in cape and cowl that is fully operational and mythic, and everyone is trying to figure out who he is (could play on whether citizens suspect he has super powers or is someone connected to this 'new alien' Kal-El).

Post #: 38
Urban Knight 2 - 26/7/2013 6:13:34 PM   
thecookster101

the way I wrote that was a bit confusing. just to be clear. KARL URBAN IS my TOP choice for the Bat, not one of the other 'crazy names' I've heard mentioned.

Post #: 39
Urban Knight 2 - 26/7/2013 6:15:56 PM   
thecookster101

the way I wrote that was a bit confusing. just to be clear. KARL URBAN IS my TOP choice for the Bat, not one of the other 'crazy names' I've heard mentioned.

Post #: 40
- 27/7/2013 7:38:34 PM   
nyteryder94

Michael Fassbender for the next Batman AND James Bond.

Post #: 41
Brandon Routh - 28/7/2013 7:04:18 PM   
makeminemedia

You know you want it.

Post #: 42
Batman is dead - 28/7/2013 11:25:11 PM   
dliang382@yhoo.com

after like 2 seconds. Then Superman goes on to rape and kill the world. What do you think would happen if an all powerful god landed on earth, one who is not from earth, has no connection to man and has the power to crack the planet? First Superman would try to protect us, then control us, then enslave us, and finally, when the madness sets in, kill us all. Superman is the Antihuman, the only reason we all exist is because he doesn't.

Post #: 43
RE: Batman is dead - 29/7/2013 2:03:12 PM   
MartinaBarber

Id also like to see Superman interegate someone and fail for Batman to take him aside, say a few words and the criminal spill the beans! When asked Superman what Bats is saying Superman replies "you don't want to know" lol "Don't swear it to god swear it to ME!" excellent :)

(in reply to dliang382@yhoo.com)
Post #: 44
Keep it connected! - 30/7/2013 11:42:34 AM   
Fooksy

With all the remakes, reboots, sequels and prequels being hashed out by Hollywood now, wouldn't it be nice to keep things tidy for a change! Regardless of the fact that he (Ruffalo) proved to be the best big screen Banner/Hulk to date, even The Avengers didn't manage to keep all the lead in characters the same....so to my point. When this movie happens it can only be JGL as Batman (assuming Bale is definitely out). Nolan finished his story of Bruce Wayne but left the studios and nice little escape clause in Blake's story arc. In The Dark Knight Trilogy it was forever stressed that "The" Batman was a symbol and not one man. JGL could be a whole new style Batman to Bales without upsetting the universe/character that Nolan/Bale/Goyer created. True, some part of the movie would have to concentrate on Blakes transformation to Batman but we (as an audience) don't always need spoon feeding by the movie makers. We know Bruce passed on the secrets to Blake, we can accept he's been training/learning to become Batman in the meantime and knowing that he's fresh and not a seasoned hero makes him a little more vulnerable. Superman is adapting to his "normal" life as Blake is to his "abnormal" one. Either way, if any of the people behind this believe in continuity and an expanded universe JGL has to be the way to go...please make it happen!

Post #: 45
Dont like it - 1/8/2013 2:00:14 PM   
oz_p

Im not for this film in anyway, was really excited when the announced a sequel to Man of Steel, and was looking forward to a Supes v Luthor story as I thought the MoS perfectly set up a sequel for that kind of storyline.

I wouldnt object to a standalone film with those two in it but they should keep Supes in his own films ala Iron Man etc

Plus its too soon after the Nolan Batman films to have a new actor playing Batman, will Hollywood never learn!?

Post #: 46
New Batman... - 1/8/2013 2:50:01 PM   
thundertweet

Jim Caviezel...do it, you know it makes sense.

Post #: 47
RE: I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! - 4/8/2013 8:08:22 PM   
danielthompson99

FYI....Batman has frequently kicked Supes' tail in the comics. How ? With exceptional forethought and he cheats. He ALWAYS cheats.
Bats gets a kicking, but he keeps on ticking.
If you have not read it, buy Frank Miller's seminal work, The Dark Knight Returns, in which a 50 yr old Batman kicks Supes ass.
"I want you to remember Clark, in all your years to come, I want you to remember my hands at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

(in reply to guysalisbury)
Post #: 48
Older Batman - 9/8/2013 6:33:06 PM   
JCarthew

Daniel Day Lewis. Prob never get him to do it though...

Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Bye bye Bale! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI