Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Superman Vs. Batman: The Questions To Be Answered

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Superman Vs. Batman: The Questions To Be Answered Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Superman Vs. Batman: The Questions To Be Answered - 24/7/2013 6:14:41 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 24/7/2013 6:14:41 PM   
adamantiumm

it should be more of a glorified cameo.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 24/7/2013 6:27:47 PM   
adamantiumm

heyguys
ok i would like to state out my opinion. it should be a 80-20 share. the 80% should be more on superman's universe because its a sequel to MAN OF STEEL. the other 20% should be on batman's universe and they can add alfred BUT NOT any villain from that universe. the villain MUST be from superman's universe. i have this idea that i would like to share. they can make it like bruce helped metropolis by paying for the destruction that zod made. and because of his generous help, theres a press conference happening and bruce have to come to metropolis and maybe recieve an award or whatever. and lois and clark's task is to interview and ask him questions. and (haha) while asking questions and such, bruce let out his olayboyness and hitting on or compliment lois and that made lois blush or laugh. and it made clark jealous BUT that didn't cause them to fight or having a war.
i want brainiac as the villain. in that way, he can manipulate bruce and convince him that clark is the man of steel and whatever happen next is that bruce/batman tries to find him and then next thing happen is that the VERSUS part of the movie began. clark obviously had to maintain his strength because hes fighting a human being and clark wont hurt anyone. but then clark hit bruce in the head which made bruce concious from his manipulation from brainiac, and also it caused his mask/helmet to break and revealed his identity to clark. of course they didn't get along after that.
lex luthor must not be the villain in this movie. he should be clarks friend. and lex's evilness may rise at the end of the movie and they could use lex as villain in the third movie. they can make it as if brainiac manipulate him.
and who should be batman? i have a few choice and its Tyler Hoechlin and Liam McIntyre.
OH and pls for the love of god PLEASE do not put the word superman or batman in the title. better yet DO NOT even out the wrd versus in it. they shouod really use a modern word like Man of Steel or The D

Post #: 3
- 24/7/2013 6:30:43 PM   
adamantiumm

really use a modern word like Man of Steel or The Dark Knight/ The Caped Crusader since its a new generation and i have to admit, the word superman and batman for a movie title (for this geneteration) is quite lame. and Man of Steel or The Dark Knight/ The Caped Crusader really sound majestic and bold. so, what do you think?

Post #: 4
- 24/7/2013 6:32:53 PM   
adamantiumm

and i would really expect Jimmy Olsen to appear in the movie

Post #: 5
The Darkest Side Of The Bat - 24/7/2013 7:39:25 PM   
BenTramer

What could put them at odds? Clark Kent reveals in his Daily Planet column that Bruce Wayne wears women's underwear under his suits. This drives Bruce batshit crazy and, voila, super handbags at dawn.

Post #: 6
RE: - 24/7/2013 7:40:50 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

Empire

What could put them at odds?

The filmmakers could establish a grudge match between Batman and Superman for the devastation to Metropolis in Man Of Steel: maybe Alfred was back and on holiday there when it all went south? Or they could get in one another's way when chasing down a villain of some sort, although that seems like a bad reason to start throwing punches. Perhaps Bruce Wayne could just refuse Clark Kent an exclusive interview, setting them on an inevitable course for WAR. Hopefully, however, after a mid-movie battle the two will team up to take down the real threat.

Mostly crap reasons as to why they'd meet (revenge for Alfred being injured in Metropolis?!) except the one highlighted in bold yet the article dismisses it heh. If you've seen Superman: TAS then there's a "World's Finest" episode in which they first meet and it's because they're after the Joker. So the two of them trying to track down the same villain would be the best bet and not seem so forced.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to adamantiumm)
Post #: 7
- 24/7/2013 7:55:23 PM   
BenTramer

I hope that once Batman and Supes team up that they gang up on Seth Rogen's Green Hornet and kick the shit out of him for ruining that movie. I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

Post #: 8
- 24/7/2013 8:06:31 PM   
DanTuo

The Kyrptoknight Rises

Post #: 9
- 24/7/2013 8:10:23 PM   
DanTuo

The Kyrptoknight Rises

Post #: 10
- 24/7/2013 9:18:49 PM   
mike2005

Of course this builds to the Justice League, it smacks of desperation to me. DC/Warner are trying to catch up to marvel which I think is a mistake.

Post #: 11
RE: The Kyrptoknight Rises - 24/7/2013 9:33:19 PM   
marcus_fuller

GENIUS!

(in reply to mike2005)
Post #: 12
awesome news - 25/7/2013 3:48:27 AM   
joshsym

This is terrific news. I hope its more superman with batman as opposed to superman versus batman. Also hope they give us a a powerful superman villain for him to fight and a behind the scenes villain like lex for batman to deal with. Either i cant wait for this.

Post #: 13
Two Cents Worth - 25/7/2013 4:45:09 AM   
tdk76

I have been a fan of both since I was a kid but I must say I am not confident they can make this work. I think they had issues in Man of Steel they needed to address so they are definitely taking a short cut and, to be fair, looking to save money. Not something you can really give them stick for given how the industry is in trouble.
Just to point out Superman is not typically at a 'genius-level intellect' in the comics - there are sometimes exceptions - but never on a par with Batman. Add to that fact in Man of Steel he was definitely no genius, not by a long shot. Although Nolan never showcased enough of Batman's intellect so it is not as clear cut cinematically, thus far, as it should be.
Luke Evans is not a bad suggestion though, I can see him making a good job of the role. I think it will work better with a less established 'star' as Batman because it needs to feel new rather than 'oh look it's Gosling as Batman'.
Just my two cents worth.

< Message edited by tdk76 -- 25/7/2013 4:47:42 AM >

Post #: 14
The New Batman... - 25/7/2013 9:44:31 AM   
Maca007

If it's not Bale give it to Eric Bana he'd be perfect.

Post #: 15
Superman Vs Batman - 25/7/2013 10:06:27 AM   
britesparc

We don't need to establish Batman. Yes, we need to introduce him, show him off, give the actor a chance to shine as Bruce and as Bats, but we don't need to set up his world, really, or show his origin again. We get it, he's Batman.

I think a good plot would be Batman's mistrust of this super-powered alien who was at least partly responsible for laying waste to Metropolis, the deaths of thousands of people (presumably), and the murder of General Zod. None of this would sit right with Bats.

I think the baddie should be Luthor. He's rebuilding Metropolis (perhaps competing with Wayne for contracts?) but he reaches out to a suspicious Batman, as they both distrust this outsider alien and his motives. Maybe Lex reverse-engineers some Krypto-tech into "Kryptonite" and gives it to Bats to take down Supes? Then, after a mid-film dust-off, they realise that - hey! - they're on the same side after all, and team up to take down Luthor (who could use the tech and kryptonite to create Metallo, as in some of the comics).

I think they should present their relationship as a mis-matched buddy comedy - not outright comedy, mind, but that kind of opposites-attract sort of thing. By the end of the film they should be best mates.

As for who could play Batman, I don't want to be wanky, but I blogged about it a few weeks ago, if anyone's interested: http://britesparc.tumblr.com/post/51870590938/weekend-top-ten-63

Post #: 16
please PLEASE !!! - 25/7/2013 11:35:49 AM   
danielthompson99

Bizarro and Lex Luthor (team up!)
Plus Harley Quinn + Batzarro (Wayne Bruce) (team up!)
How frickin' awesome would that be ?!?!?!
Why do I want to see this ?
"Bizarro telescopic vision" which allows Bizarro to see a "short distance behind his head" rather than a "long distance in front of his head"
"Bizarro microscopic vision" which makes objects "actually smaller to everyone" rather than merely "appear to be bigger to only the user"
"Bizarro X-ray vision" which allows Bizarro to "only see through lead" rather than the ability to "see through anything except lead" - HA HA HA ! (plus Harley Quinn is a hottie!)

Post #: 17
red kryptonite - 25/7/2013 1:38:57 PM   
benyiend

red kryptonite..?

Post #: 18
New Batman - 25/7/2013 1:40:56 PM   
davidrobbo

I like the sound of Gyllenhaal, but for me it has to be Karl Urban

Post #: 19
RE: Superman Vs Batman - 25/7/2013 1:50:57 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: britesparc
I think the baddie should be Luthor. He's rebuilding Metropolis (perhaps competing with Wayne for contracts?) but he reaches out to a suspicious Batman, as they both distrust this outsider alien and his motives. Maybe Lex reverse-engineers some Krypto-tech into "Kryptonite" and gives it to Bats to take down Supes? Then, after a mid-film dust-off, they realise that - hey! - they're on the same side after all, and team up to take down Luthor (who could use the tech and kryptonite to create Metallo, as in some of the comics).

I think they should present their relationship as a mis-matched buddy comedy - not outright comedy, mind, but that kind of opposites-attract sort of thing. By the end of the film they should be best mates.

I think it should feature a Batman that's merely myth and legend, no-one's really ever caught a proper glimpse of him. Just the odd blurry photos or something. Perhaps he's Lois Lane's next big story? She found out who Kal-El was so it stands to reason she would want to discover who 'the Batman' is. Bruce Wayne could have business in Metropolis with LexCorp, certainly after the devastation from the MoS battle. However, I don't want Lex Luthor to 'reach out' to Batman because I'd like him to be unknown to most -- that is no-one's aware of him beyond being an urban legend -- at least until he meets Superman. Batman could be in Metropolis because he's tracking some criminal syndicate? I quite like how they handled it in the "World's Finest" episodes from Superman: TAS. Superman and Batman's methods differ and of course this would be one major source of conflict intially. Perhaps Superman feels Batman is just psychotic and too extreme although Batman could remind him he snapped the neck of Zod and levelled a town and city. To Superman and perhaps the public, Batman might just seem like some eccentric vigilante until he brings out the toys and shows them how resourceful, skillful and cunning he really is. The Batmobile should be awesome and perhaps it could involve a Superman who's just been shot by a kryptonite bullet or something and Batman has to race against the clock and pursuing police to take him to his base of operations and save his life. Although it would be interesting how kryptonite will be introduced.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 25/7/2013 1:58:17 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 20
RE: Superman Vs Batman - 25/7/2013 2:15:09 PM   
britesparc

I like the idea of Lois trying to find the truth behind the Batman.

But I still like the idea of Lex thinking he and Bats are on the "same side" - both wanting to stop this "alien" from destroying a town.

One thing that is a bit of a shame is, because Lois knows Clark's identity, there's no opportunity for any kind of love triangle: Lois hates the gloomy, violent Batman, but fancies suave Bruce Wayne! She loves dynamic Superman but hates boring old Clark Kent! Oh well...

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 21
Batman - 25/7/2013 3:02:37 PM   
Kev2012

If Bale doesn't return for this, and I can't shake the feeling Warner Bros will try to bring him back, then I suggest Karl Urban. He was brilliant in Dredd, and I think he'd be a good Batman.

Post #: 22
RE: Batman - 25/7/2013 3:10:02 PM   
MartinaBarber

Firstly I think what needs to be covered, should Bale not return to the Batman role (which I think can work as Nolan is still on set for Superman helping with production and writing!) is the new BATMAN. 3 options I believe would work are Michael Fassbender, Wes Bentley or Joe Manganiello. 3 VERY good options all able to fit into both the Bruce and Batman roles . Michael perhaps playing Batman, continued on from the Nolan Movies. (Id like to see a 4th Batman with Levitt Robin and the Heroes already developed and experienced working together to fighting greater enemies Killer Croc?) anyway.........

Now. The Movie what should it be called? Well it NEEDS to be a Superman movie (because firstly the Batman movies have been done and succeeded) In addition the film will ultimately lead to the Justice League if they take my direction ! worth a try.
So for a Title Id consider something in line with - Superman: Beginnings.

Plot:-
Well the film WILL have to strongly feature the duel everyone has been waiting for. SUPERMAN vs BATMAN. Not only to draw in the monies but it can, if written well, make for an amazing plot line over several movies........
Marvel have come close to VS (with the Avengers movie which featured a couple of VS bouts) but Superman and Batman can REALLY hit a home run with a seriously dark gritty showdown with the 2 biggest powerhouses of DC and perhaps the Comic World!? But how can it possibly be scripted that Batman can even come CLOSE to even scratching Superman I hear you ask?! Well Ill touch on this another time, if I get enough likes lol but for now lets focus on the movie in general. As I said before Superman vs Batman would HAVE play a big part of the movie, however this cannot be the main plot, even for the final showdown because we NEED these 2 to unite/ bond to even come close to forming the Justice league so what is required is an enemy that can test them both. That brings us to Luther and why he should NOT be the main protagonist in this movie. Lex is destined for much more and should only play a shadow in the movie because, well lets face it, when Superman and Batman do eventually see eye to eye Lex wont stand a chance against the 2 most powerful heroes in the DC universe both Physically and mentally! Lex will lose and it just wont make good television. SO.....enter Brainiac! Able to match Superman with power and Bruce with Wits I can only see Brainiac uniting Superman and Batman to a final showdown which will test BOTH heroes.

Moving on:-

The great thing about Brainiac is the connection that can be developed with him to Darkseid......and ultimately the Justice League Movie. So lets recap then fast forward a little. Superman: Beginnings. We have Superman and Batman duelling it out, due to Brainiacs string pulling which eventually leads to Brainiacs Destruction and the Rise of Luther running for president in the wake of the destruction caused once more on Metropolis. The conflict also draws the attention of Darkseid leading on to the Justice League Movie. With me?  ok Superman: Rise to Power (Yes Superman 3) and now we see Lex taking presidency! Creating Bizzaro and eventually at the end forming the Injustice League Justice League 2 (still with me?) Luther heads a villainous crew against the Justice League. (The injustice league formed of Villans taken from Green Lantern (Sinestro) Wonder Woman (Giganta?) Flash (Zoom?) and Batman: Nightwing (Deathstroke, Clayface)
So the Injustice Leagues comprises of Lex (armoured) Bizarro, Sinestro, Clayface, Giganta and Zoom with the addition of Vandal Savage. vs Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Martian Manhunter.

And finally the Superman Batman movie must end with the line from Batman (which I believe was in the Justice League Cartoon) before he vanishes back the Gotham....

If you ever need me, and you WILL need me, Ill be there

(in reply to Kev2012)
Post #: 23
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! - 25/7/2013 3:38:19 PM   
guysalisbury

How could batman possibly beat superman???????????? He is human! Superman is indisructible! This is a fight that batman CANNOT win! How the hell have 50% of people voted for Batman!?!???!?!?!?!?

Post #: 24
RE: I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! - 25/7/2013 4:45:30 PM   
MartinaBarber

1 obvious way Superman can be beaten by Batman in this movie:-

Superman (Superman: Man of Steel) wasn't made aware of his weakness to Kryptonite in this movie so if Batman was to learn of this BEFORE Superman............Game Over. This is where I'd write into my version of the story Batman learning this information from Brainiac. Batman, armed with Kryptonite, would bring Superman down to his level of physical ability....then the rest writes itself. Que the quote used in the comic con!!!

(in reply to guysalisbury)
Post #: 25
WW Begins - 25/7/2013 4:53:04 PM   
Lirik

I'm sure there must be also Wonder Woman movie. She's the only one of Trinity who was never introduced on the big screen. With all greek myphology as back-up I'm sure it's possible to make profittable movie about her. Just don't cast Ryan Reynolds as... anybody, you know.

Post #: 26
WW Begins - 25/7/2013 4:57:44 PM   
Lirik

I'm sure there must be also Wonder Woman movie. She's the only one of Trinity who was never introduced on the big screen. With all greek myphology as back-up I'm sure it's possible to make profittable movie about her. Just don't cast Ryan Reynolds as... anybody, you know.

Post #: 27
Perhaps Batman + Bruce Wayne don't both have to be in it - 25/7/2013 6:52:53 PM   
JonGy

If the film is a Superman movie with Batman featuring in it then there's no reason why Bruce Wayne needs to appear at all. Told from Superman's perspective, Batman is an anonymous guy in a suit. His character doesn't need to be explained to the audience; we know who he is. And casting Batman is a whole lot easier if he's always suited up. Makes continuity with the Nolan trilogy less problematic too.

Post #: 28
Cumberbatch? - 25/7/2013 8:52:37 PM   
MarkMcW

I seriously hope they can get Bale back if he did come back you could have it that Superman saved Batman at the end of the dark knight rises. I know we're still wondering how he got out the batwing when the bomb had like 2 seconds left., I will find it hard to see Nolan's name affiliated with batman and not have Bale there. I think if Bale doesn't come back Benedict Cumberbatch would be a very good Batman. Showed he was a badass in the new start trek film and can put on the deep voice. And also he could do a good Bruce Wayne.

Post #: 29
New title. - 25/7/2013 8:55:24 PM   
MarkMcW

If the title of the film has a Vs in it I will be extremely disappointed. Although I can't see that happening if Nolan has anything to do with it.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Superman Vs. Batman: The Questions To Be Answered Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI