Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Man Of Steel's David S. Goyer On Possible Superman/Batman Film Titles

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Man Of Steel's David S. Goyer On Possible Superman/Batman Film Titles Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Man Of Steel's David S. Goyer On Possible Superman/Batm... - 24/7/2013 11:27:48 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
how about Men of Steel? - 24/7/2013 11:27:48 AM   
Lemure

The more you think about it, the more it works.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 24/7/2013 12:12:22 PM   
Whistler

Dark Steel...

I have a question: why would Superman and Batman fight? Surely they'd want to team up, so to speak, since they have the same morals and ideals. And surely if they did fight Supes would just kick the shit out of Bats? I've never read the comics or anything so this is probably a stupid question, but it just seems strange to me.

Post #: 3
Clark Kent Vs Bruce Wayne - 24/7/2013 12:20:06 PM   
BenTramer

Journo Clark Kent goes to Gotham City to interview Bruce Wayne, call it Interview With A Batman. Superman has superpowers, Batman just dresses up as a superhero, that would be a serious mismatch. The only way Batman could compete is with his Bond-like gadgets. "Holy Kryptonite, Batman!"

Post #: 4
Shame - 24/7/2013 12:32:10 PM   
Bobby TwoTimes

It's a shame this idea has finally come around with Snyder at the helm. I thought his Dawn Of The Dead and Watchmen were great, 300 was visually good but average film, and Suckerpunch and Man Of Steel were complete garbage. If there's one thing a film like this needs is strong character development and Snyder is sadly shit at it.

Post #: 5
What BobbyTwo Times said... - 24/7/2013 12:45:42 PM   
djshaiguy

I couldn't agree more. Snyder is great at visualisation but shit at characterisation. But then characterisation should really be the screenwriter's prerogative. Which makes me wonder how Goyer did such a good job on the Batman trilogy. Did Snyder decide to take what Goyer did, and just think "Let's add some Michael Bay to this"?

Post #: 6
I'd rather see a short film (contains spoilers) - 24/7/2013 1:17:32 PM   
kevmccann

I think someone said it in a previous blog, it would be great if they tied in the end of the Dark Knight Rises (where Batman flies off with the bomb) is then rescued by Superman and then taken to hospital as he was stabbed as well. Not a great short story but would tie up a few loose ends.

Post #: 7
Meh! - 24/7/2013 1:33:26 PM   
whatwhatwhat

I am not in anyway looking forward to this. How is batman other than using kryptonite (which for me is just a cop-out. A rock that drains his powers? Not cool) suppose to have a tussle with Superman? I'm not privy to the comics, so feel free to enlighten me, but with the direction of the batman trilogy and the new "what if this really happened" Man of Steel, I fail to see how batman would be able to land a meaningful blow let alone fight superman. If he does use kryptonite to try and defeat supes, whats to stop superman picking up a few cars from some distance away and hurling them at batman, or using his heat vision from a distance or any of his other million powers to beat him.

Post #: 8
RE: - 24/7/2013 1:37:46 PM   
kingtutiii

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Dark Steel...

I have a question: why would Superman and Batman fight? Surely they'd want to team up, so to speak, since they have the same morals and ideals. And surely if they did fight Supes would just kick the shit out of Bats? I've never read the comics or anything so this is probably a stupid question, but it just seems strange to me.

There's various reasons. The Batman vs. Superman comics include The Dark knight Returns and Hush. Here's my theory. We know Lex Luthor is in this universe. We know that in this universe, people have trouble trusting supes. With those facts in mind, my best guess is that Batman thinks that Supes is dangerous. He'll get help from LL in modifying his equipment to fight supes.
In terms of title, Superman vs Batman seems to have the best flow. Many non hard core comic hans won't recognize the phrase "the world's finest." Both character names must be in in order to let people know what it's about. Also, batman has more name draw, because of nolan's trilogy, so by putting batman later, people remember it better.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 9
Batboy vs Alien - 24/7/2013 1:44:26 PM   
kanedapen

Having read the synopsis for The Dark Knight returns it appears that Superman fights Batman because he's ordered to take him out by the US Govt.
Given Supes is very much NOT a govt lackey in Man of Steel, I can't see any reason for them to fight, unless there's an evil Batman twin flicking peanuts and straightening up the leaning tower of Piza, then it would be on like Donkey Kong!

Post #: 10
World's Finest: Batman Vs Superman - 24/7/2013 1:54:35 PM   
ChudMonkey

Thomas Jane for Batman....I figure they'll go the route that Batman has been around for a while in Gotham and has established himself as a superhero (so a little older and craggy - hence the suggestion of Thomas Jane...great jaw, great voice, physically imposing, looks like Bruce Wayne) and following the events of MoS he goes to investigate the utter devastation in Metropolis. I think Goyer has mentioned that Clark will have to face some of the repercussions of his actions (destroying all those buildings / killing Zod) and I would wager that Batman is none too happy that a powerful "God" is loose on earth taking no responsibility for his actions. Bruce Wayne will probably find out info about Supes from Lex Luthor (as big business men we can assume they'll probably have known each other before the events of MoS) and will use Kryptonite to subdue him (hence why they didn't use it in the first film - would have been a lame to use it in two movies) .... cue Supes helping Batman to defeat a more powerful foe halfway through the movie (it won't be Joker, Riddler et al - more likely to be Solomon Grundy or Brainiac) and then, possibly, a link into Justice League as they become friends and decide to search out other super heroes around the globe (Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and Green Arrow I would think) END CREDITS (post credit scene with either Doomsday or Darkseid)

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to kanedapen)
Post #: 11
SUPERMAN V/S BATMAN ....YOU GOTTA LOVE IT ! - 24/7/2013 2:50:41 PM   
tangerinedreams

Just an idea for Mr Goyer and Mr Snyder....
Lex Luthor is a little peeved at the arrival of a red and blue spandex wearing god to his manor, and with The Dark Knight kicking ass in the other mega city of Gotham decides to set the 2 super heroes against each other. He frames Supes for a terrorist style attack on Gotham City, causing the now retired and happy Bruce Wayne to come out of retirement and hunt the big man down for retribution...with the help of old Baldilocks himself !!

Post #: 12
How about: "Not As Good As The Avengers Assemble&q... - 24/7/2013 4:14:07 PM   
TheBladeRunner

Just a thought

Post #: 13
- 24/7/2013 4:22:56 PM   
Romone

I am not looking forward to this..................I smell a shit storm coming.

Post #: 14
- 24/7/2013 4:51:16 PM   
Gazzabrook

I agree with a lot that has been said here, I would go with the title Man of Steel: Gods Among Us. Additionally I don't think a superman batman fight will work on the big screen as everyone is saying in the real word superman would kill Bruce with one punch, furthermore at this point I would like to add I haven't read The Dark Knight Returns but from what I know about that comic is its too batman focused and we've had enough batman films give us more superman. I would also like to add that I enjoyed Man of Steel sure it was no dark knight but it was good compared to some of WB/DC films (catwoman).

Post #: 15
How To Start The Mother Of All Vendettas - 24/7/2013 7:33:30 PM   
BenTramer

"Whistler: I have a question: why would Superman and Batman fight? Surely they'd want to team up, so to speak, since they have the same morals and ideals." Well, Whistler, Superman could look at Batman as a vigilante who takes the law into his own hands while Superman works with law enforcement. That could be one way. Or what if Batman got Lois Lane killed accidentally? It would take some balls to kill her off but what a feud that would create.

Post #: 16
RE: - 24/7/2013 8:01:50 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Dark Steel...

Oh my dear boy...

First meeting (click)

iTunes - World's Finest episodes (click)

iTunes - The Demon Reborn (click)

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 24/7/2013 8:02:10 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 17
RE: SUPERMAN V/S BATMAN ....YOU GOTTA LOVE IT ! - 25/7/2013 1:16:17 AM   
kingtutiii

quote:

ORIGINAL: tangerinedreams

Just an idea for Mr Goyer and Mr Snyder....
Lex Luthor is a little peeved at the arrival of a red and blue spandex wearing god to his manor, and with The Dark Knight kicking ass in the other mega city of Gotham decides to set the 2 super heroes against each other. He frames Supes for a terrorist style attack on Gotham City, causing the now retired and happy Bruce Wayne to come out of retirement and hunt the big man down for retribution...with the help of old Baldilocks himself !!

That's actually a really great idea.

(in reply to tangerinedreams)
Post #: 18
Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 3:46:18 AM   
DeadEvil

Anything with a 'Vs' in the title just takes all the seriousness away from it and it becomes tacky.

Post #: 19
How about... ? - 25/7/2013 6:16:05 AM   
C K Dexter Haven

One for the Money, Two for the fanboys

Post #: 20
- 25/7/2013 8:18:16 AM   
NickossJ

I bet Bale wont do it.

Post #: 21
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 11:11:49 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeadEvil

Anything with a 'Vs' in the title just takes all the seriousness away from it and it becomes tacky.

yeah we need to keep this movie about a Super power Alien and a man dressed as a Bat serious... and not at all tacky

The Vs part is the only thing holding my interest at the moment..

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to DeadEvil)
Post #: 22
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 11:20:52 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeadEvil

Kramer Vs Kramer

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to DeadEvil)
Post #: 23
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 11:23:57 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Thought you’d have been well and truly done with this take on Superman Danny!

“Just when I thought I was out… they pull me back in!”

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 24
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 11:34:33 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

Thought you’d have been well and truly done with this take on Superman Danny!

“Just when I thought I was out… they pull me back in!”

ha! I am done with this take of Superman, he is dead to me. However I am interested in the next take on Batman and will pleasure is seeing this SM getting his arse kicked ,if only for a small while At the end of the day I love these characters, just don't always love every rendition

My guess is they will stuff someone in the last crappy Batman outfit rather than re imagine it completely. Hope I am wrong, I would like to see a Grey and Black version Bat suit, with a much more inspired cowl, wouldn't you?

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 25/7/2013 11:39:13 AM >

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 25
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 11:55:49 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

I would like to see a Grey and Black version Bat suit, with a much more inspired cowl, wouldn't you?

Definitely! Have wanted the more traditional grey and black suit for a while.

Can’t seem to find it now but do you remember that black and white fan made Batman short from a few years back? Ended with a Predator in there for some reason! But as I remember, they had a cool suit that drew from the grey and black design.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 26
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 12:52:29 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

I would like to see a Grey and Black version Bat suit, with a much more inspired cowl, wouldn't you?

Definitely! Have wanted the more traditional grey and black suit for a while.

Can’t seem to find it now but do you remember that black and white fan made Batman short from a few years back? Ended with a Predator in there for some reason! But as I remember, they had a cool suit that drew from the grey and black design.

Yeah I think it was called Dead End wasnt it!. Loved that suit, something between that and the Arkham design would be great. On the other side of the scales I have always harbored an idea for a much creepier Batman, very tall but also much leaner than we have seen. A Batman that would rely even more on his wits and tricks and something that would genuinely give a bad guy the heebie Jeebies!!.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 25/7/2013 12:54:09 PM >

Post #: 27
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 2:53:34 PM   
pete_traynor

Dead End! That was it. nice one Danny! I was looking under Dark Rain for some reason. Way off!

Just had another look and I like that suit a lot. Reminds me of Alex Ross’ paintings of Batman.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 28
RE: Anything with 'Vs' - 25/7/2013 2:57:15 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Dead End! That was it. nice one Danny! I was looking under Dark Rain for some reason. Way off!

Just had another look and I like that suit a lot. Reminds me of Alex Ross’ paintings of Batman.

Well the video is dark and its raining!

Good isn't it! would be nice to have Batman that can actually move around and be a bit acrobatic! rather than a rubber tank!. I like the way the Arkham suit if pieced together

Post #: 29
Superman: Beginings - 25/7/2013 3:07:47 PM   
MartinaBarber

Firstly I think what needs to be covered, should Bale not return to the Batman role (which I think can work – as Nolan is still on set for Superman helping with production and writing!) is the new BATMAN. 3 options I believe would work are Michael Fassbender, Wes Bentley or Joe Manganiello. 3 VERY good options all able to fit into both the Bruce and Batman roles . Michael perhaps playing Batman, continued on from the Nolan Movies. (I’d like to see a 4th Batman with Levitt Robin and the Heroes already developed and experienced working together to fighting greater enemies – Killer Croc?) anyway.........

Now. The Movie – what should it be called? Well it NEEDS to be a Superman movie (because firstly the Batman movies have been done and succeeded) In addition the film will ultimately lead to the Justice League – if they take my direction ! – worth a try.
So for a Title I’d consider something in line with - Superman: Beginnings.

Plot:-
Well the film WILL have to strongly feature the duel everyone has been waiting for. SUPERMAN vs BATMAN. Not only to draw in the monies but it can, if written well, make for an amazing plot line over several movies........
Marvel have come close to VS (with the Avengers movie which featured a couple of VS bouts) but Superman and Batman can REALLY hit a home run with a seriously dark gritty showdown with the 2 biggest powerhouses of DC and perhaps the Comic World!? But how can it possibly be scripted that Batman can even come CLOSE to even scratching Superman I hear you ask?! Well I’ll touch on this another time, if I get enough likes lol but for now let’s focus on the movie in general. As I said before Superman vs Batman would HAVE play a big part of the movie, however this cannot be the main plot, even for the final showdown because we NEED these 2 to unite/ bond to even come close to forming the Justice league so what is required is an enemy that can test them both

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Man Of Steel's David S. Goyer On Possible Superman/Batman Film Titles Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI