Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spike Lee Launches Kickstarter For His Latest Pic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spike Lee Launches Kickstarter For His Latest Pic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spike Lee Launches Kickstarter For His Latest Pic - 24/7/2013 8:15:16 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Money for Old Boy rope - 24/7/2013 8:15:16 AM   
d0m_l

It's really hard to have any sympathy for directors like Lee – content to get paid to work on a remake of Old Boy (estimated budget on IMDb of $30,000,000) and certainly a film that the studios involved will see as a potential 'Home run', given the built in fan base for the original, and the fact that a lot of people simply wont have watched it because it'd require them to read subtitles for two hours.

Some of these people (Braff included) should take a leaf out of Alan Moore's book – so unhappy with Hollywood that he now refuses to take payment from adaptations based on all comic work that he does not own. That's a statement. Making a few throwaway comments on Kickstarter isn't.

I'd consider donating toward projects set up by the likes of Shane Carruth, someone actually creating interesting work outside the studio system.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spike Lee Launches Kickstarter For His Latest Pic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI