Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Evolution Of Wolverine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Evolution Of Wolverine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Evolution Of Wolverine - 23/7/2013 5:09:15 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
X-Force - 23/7/2013 5:14:21 PM   
danielthompson99

X-Force is baaaaad ass !
The 1988 is actual Frank Miller drawing Wolvie for his first full series.
I believe Wolvie has 2 regular monthly books, as well as being in both X-Men teams, and The Avengers + the occasional team up.
My personal faves were Wolverine Vol 2 issue 7 & 8, in Madripoor as Patch goes up against Grey Hulk aka Mr Fixit (Wolvie wins)
then Punisher (vol 5 or 6 ??) vs Wolvie, Daredevil and Spidey AT THE SAME TIME. Punisher wins by shooting off Wolvie's naughty bits with a shotgun, then parking a steam-roller on top of him.
No wonder he's so grumpy, GIVE HIM A DAY OFF !

< Message edited by danielthompson99 -- 23/7/2013 5:22:38 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
82' not 88'... - 23/7/2013 6:29:42 PM   
richiecola

....was Frank Millers Wolverine Limited Series, on which the new film is based. Think Buscema did the 88 series.

Post #: 3
Brown and Tan - John Byrne Classic - 24/7/2013 1:05:01 PM   
Gouken

I started reading comics during the early 80s. It was the Dave Cocrum era... and of all these the Brown and Tan is also my favourite. John Byrne based it on the fur markings of a real wolverine and debuted it in a kick ass story where Wolverine and Nightcrawler go to Canada and get to fight the Wendigo. One of his last stories on that run and a great parting gift. Plus you get to see Wolvie going all out in a proper berserker rage. And this was before they pumped up the healing factor from "hard to kill" to "imortal" so stories were cooler.

Post #: 4
RE: Brown and Tan - John Byrne Classic - 24/7/2013 1:09:50 PM   
Gouken

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gouken

I started reading comics during the early 80s. It was the Dave Cocrum era...

This was because the comic books arrived in Portugal via a Brazilian editor and the stories were lagging about 3-5 years behind...
I also remember the 1st Vindicator story when Logan is seen at the start ditching the horrible "Claw" uniform for his classic blue/yellow.

(in reply to Gouken)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Evolution Of Wolverine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI