Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Fuck No !!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Fuck No !!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fuck No !!!! - 22/7/2013 6:08:13 PM   
spamfiend

I cannot believe they are gonna balls up all the hard work done on the 2 franchises. Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was amazing and whilst the Man of Steel didn't quite hit ALL the points, it was almost there and a great reboot.
Why mess all that up with the pairing of two completely separate franchises? The fan boys will love it, the fans of either will hate it.
I am normally positive, but this to me smacks of failure waiting to happen. Look at the Lone Ranger and John Carter as two examples.....

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Didnt they already cast Joseph Gordon Levitt in the role? - 22/7/2013 8:34:54 PM   
Count Karnstein

In order to keep a continuous thread with Nolan's world, they would be missing a trick not to use Levitt. If they do use a different actor, he should at least play a bad ass robin or nightwing. Luthor will be films main villain, wreaking havoc whilst superman is distracted by Batman's unconventional crime-fighting methods.

Post #: 32
Is it me... - 22/7/2013 8:57:23 PM   
Porter

...or is that new bat symbol a bit, well, shit? Seems like a real step backwards in terms of design. Hope they change it, otherwise think this is an inevitable, if not necessarily good, idea.

Post #: 33
RE: Fuck No !!!! - 23/7/2013 9:46:41 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamfiend

I cannot believe they are gonna balls up all the hard work done on the 2 franchises. Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was amazing and whilst the Man of Steel didn't quite hit ALL the points, it was almost there and a great reboot.
Why mess all that up with the pairing of two completely separate franchises? The fan boys will love it, the fans of either will hate it.
I am normally positive, but this to me smacks of failure waiting to happen. Look at the Lone Ranger and John Carter as two examples.....

God damn it!! John Carter is a good movie!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 23/7/2013 9:51:15 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to spamfiend)
Post #: 34
no thanks - 23/7/2013 9:57:31 AM   
simjamlmx

If they keep snyder away from it i'll be interested. Man of steel was pathetic. made little sense and the action sequences were the worst of any superhero film ever.

Post #: 35
RE: Fuck No !!!! - 23/7/2013 12:55:05 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamfiend

God damn it!! John Carter is a good movie!

Hahahaha oh you crack me up Dannybohy ... oh ... you're being serious?!

Personally as a tremendous geek and lover of all things Batman I should be really excited about this but I am not...but I don't know why?! its one of those great mysteries of life like The Bermuda Triangle, Amelia Earheart, Gravity, why Orlando Bloom keeps getting acting work...I just can't put my finger on why?!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 36
RE: Fuck No !!!! - 24/7/2013 7:44:21 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: onafriday

Nolan and Bale will go nowhere near this and the movie will be awful

Despite Chris Nolan being one of the executive producers . As long as they bring in someone like Jonathan Nolan to do the script writing as David Goyer is more of an 'ideas' man.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porter

...or is that new bat symbol a bit, well, shit? Seems like a real step backwards in terms of design. Hope they change it, otherwise think this is an inevitable, if not necessarily good, idea.

Yes it's not the best but I think it's very much a 'W.I.P' for them. I like TDK bat symbol the best but if they're going to use a new Batman then they won't use it obviously.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 24/7/2013 7:45:46 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 37
Waaaaay too early! - 24/7/2013 9:17:22 PM   
Eammon

Didn't this story happen after the fall of the justice league? Do another superman film and then a justice league film to see what developes out of it. Then, start thinking of this story. Oh, and please, whoever directs, not too serious this time. Loved the Bat trilogy but lighten up!.....a little.

Post #: 38
Superman: Beginings - 25/7/2013 3:06:38 PM   
MartinaBarber

Firstly I think what needs to be covered, should Bale not return to the Batman role (which I think can work – as Nolan is still on set for Superman helping with production and writing!) is the new BATMAN. 3 options I believe would work are Michael Fassbender, Wes Bentley or Joe Manganiello. 3 VERY good options all able to fit into both the Bruce and Batman roles . Michael perhaps playing Batman, continued on from the Nolan Movies. (I’d like to see a 4th Batman with Levitt Robin and the Heroes already developed and experienced working together to fighting greater enemies – Killer Croc?) anyway.........

Now. The Movie – what should it be called? Well it NEEDS to be a Superman movie (because firstly the Batman movies have been done and succeeded) In addition the film will ultimately lead to the Justice League – if they take my direction ! – worth a try.
So for a Title I’d consider something in line with - Superman: Beginnings.

Plot:-
Well the film WILL have to strongly feature the duel everyone has been waiting for. SUPERMAN vs BATMAN. Not only to draw in the monies but it can, if written well, make for an amazing plot line over several movies........
Marvel have come close to VS (with the Avengers movie which featured a couple of VS bouts) but Superman and Batman can REALLY hit a home run with a seriously dark gritty showdown with the 2 biggest powerhouses of DC and perhaps the Comic World!? But how can it possibly be scripted that Batman can even come CLOSE to even scratching Superman I hear you ask?! Well I’ll touch on this another time, if I get enough likes lol but for now let’s focus on the movie in general. As I said before Superman vs Batman would HAVE play a big part of the movie, however this cannot be the main plot, even for the final showdown because we NEED these 2 to unite/ bond to even come close to forming the Justice league so what is required is an enemy that can test them both

Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Fuck No !!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI