Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Nic Cage Talks Tim Burton's Superman Lives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Nic Cage Talks Tim Burton's Superman Lives Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Nic Cage Talks Tim Burton's Superman Lives - 19/7/2013 11:27:31 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Super? - 19/7/2013 11:27:31 AM   
darthmhall101

Like him or loath him, Nic Cage is clearly bonkers!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 19/7/2013 11:28:28 AM   
jmebaby25

Without a doubt the best part would have been where Superman fought the giant spider in the third act ;)

Post #: 3
RE: - 19/7/2013 11:47:25 AM   
Dannybohy

loL! I would still have loved to see a Tim Burton Superman!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to jmebaby25)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 19/7/2013 11:53:55 AM   
Dannybohy

Mr Cage makes a great point "Tim can invent worlds.!" . Something sadly missing recently, its easier to throw them into 'real life' city and call in a modernization of the character! when its rather more just unimaginative and lazy!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 5
I'll get slaughtered for saying this... - 19/7/2013 3:13:47 PM   
Garth_Marenghi

...but I think that costume, even in poor lighting, looks a darn sight better than the dreary Snyder/Nolan suit we ended up with. The red shorts/pants work perfectly, despite Snyder rejecting them for being too 'old fashioned.'

Post #: 6
Nic Cage rocks, doesn't he? - 19/7/2013 3:16:06 PM   
Nicky C

... he's a bit strange to some but not to me. I think he's just comfortable being himself and if that seems kooky to the conservative crowd then that's okay too. Now I want to watch Bad Lieutenant again. Sweet.

Post #: 7
Just can't picture Cage as Superman - 19/7/2013 4:41:20 PM   
coyoteone

I never could. I like him and I've enjoyed all his movies, even Bangkok Dangerous, but Nic Cage as Superman? Sorry. My mind just can't make that suspension of disbelief. Thank God that didn't happen.

I enjoyed Henry Cavill in Man of Steel. The updated costume fit the context of the movie. Funny, I wonder whether the same people complaining about that also complained about Brandon Routh's costume in 'Superman Returns'? You can't please everyone.

Post #: 8
Wow - 20/7/2013 8:33:58 AM   
borstal

One of my first posts on Empire Forum almost 10 yrs ago was suggesting Mr Cage play Superman :)

It would appease the po faced fans or cinema intelligentia but it would be ludicrous stupid fun.

Post #: 9
Cool suit - 20/7/2013 11:21:49 AM   
chrisharvey1551

How much I love hearing about different people's take on how they would do superman. Tim burton may or may not have done a good film but I really can't imagine nic cage as kal-el how ever I do think that the suit does look kinda cool. But cavill to me is a much better choice for the lead role and I love man of steels new direction

Post #: 10
Smith didn't colaborate with Burton - 20/7/2013 3:52:45 PM   
Hector26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUwkqeI7XWk
If you watch this hilarious interview with Smith you'll see Smith wrote a few drafts after some hilarious meetings with executives...then Burton took over and binned Smith's scripts and started his own project....alas, no killer polar bears or giant spiders at the fortress of solitude

Post #: 11
burtons superman - 21/7/2013 12:54:00 AM   
movienut1

I'd love to see tim burton's superman,i loved his original batman with michael keaton,his imagined worlds always complement the characters,were as nolan's batman and superman were good i think we're a little dull.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Nic Cage Talks Tim Burton's Superman Lives Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI