Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

An Improvement on the first Wolverine film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> An Improvement on the first Wolverine film Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An Improvement on the first Wolverine film - 7/8/2013 9:37:33 PM   
StepOverSteve

Here is my video review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYo06t5al84

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
RE: An Improvement on the first Wolverine film - 8/8/2013 2:03:36 PM   
galvatron

I enjoyed this. It wasn't amazing but it was a solid and fun at times action film.

(in reply to StepOverSteve)
Post #: 62
Logan's Done - 11/8/2013 11:07:36 PM   
Limeylove

Whether it was just me or fundamentally that I had been exposed to some of the negative hype surrounding this movie... But I was not impressed by this film. Yes there are indeed some keen sequences in this film, such as the high speed train sequence (this is as good as it gets and that's 1/3rd of the way in.) There are far too many predictable moments which are annoyingly given to us via the trailer, allowing many viewers to see what is coming before it even happens. I get that he is a mutant but how many times did he get shot before he felt woozy?
This film really should have been called 'Wolverine: Getting Over Jean Grey'.
Save yourself the £9 cinema ticket and watch the trailer...

Post #: 63
JACKMAN OWNS IT...... - 15/8/2013 4:24:24 PM   
ROTGUT

Quite a bit better than Origins. This is a solidly put together little thriller which doesn’t feel or play like a summer tent pole movie. The tone is pretty much straight down the middle with Jackman bringing yet more subtle shades of black humour and berserker rage to his most famous signature role. The opening sequence is a blast – quite literally – and all the scenes in Japan have a nice authenticity about them despite the myriad villainous yakuza stereotypes. Unfortunately, it’s pretty obvious who the main bad guy is almost from the start and when the big reveal comes toward the end it’s no big surprise. Fortunately, if you hang around after the credits there’s a little teaser for Days of Future Past involving two familiar old faces which got me seriously stoked. Go into this film with low expectations and you’ll be entertained.

THREE STARS

Post #: 64
JACKMAN OWNS IT...... - 15/8/2013 4:24:26 PM   
ROTGUT

Quite a bit better than Origins. This is a solidly put together little thriller which doesn’t feel or play like a summer tent pole movie. The tone is pretty much straight down the middle with Jackman bringing yet more subtle shades of black humour and berserker rage to his most famous signature role. The opening sequence is a blast – quite literally – and all the scenes in Japan have a nice authenticity about them despite the myriad villainous yakuza stereotypes. Unfortunately, it’s pretty obvious who the main bad guy is almost from the start and when the big reveal comes toward the end it’s no big surprise. Fortunately, if you hang around after the credits there’s a little teaser for Days of Future Past involving two familiar old faces which got me seriously stoked. Go into this film with low expectations and you’ll be entertained.

THREE STARS

Post #: 65
RE: The Wolverine - 25/8/2013 9:30:58 PM   
konrad6

This movie, did what it wanted to do, to make this movie all about 'The Wolverine', and they succeeded.
Unlike X men Origins, where they had so many mutants that it was hard to focus on wolverine, The Wolverine had like 4 mutants including Logan, so all the attention was on him and they really developed his character, showed the lighter side to him, which brings me to my next point.
Hugh Jackman was so pissed of in this movie and I loved that so much accept the bit when it kind of feels like a Japanese Chic Flick, when Mario or something teaches Logan how to use the sticks but other than that we got some great action from Jackman and his friend Yoshi.

The after credits scene was a little confusing but it was a great teaser for Days of Future Past which I'm looking forward to!

But the movie left me with a question which may relate to Days Of Future Past, does Logan get his ?adimantium? claws back or is he left with the bone ones, cause in a teaser poster for DOFP he does have his metal ones. Is Bryan Singer just ignore that and if so could he also ignore and make us forget that The Last Stand ever happened, I hope he can

Post #: 66
RE: The Wolverine - 25/8/2013 10:46:11 PM   
TheMightyBlackout

I'm sure he'll get his claws back for DoFP; they're a large part of his character, and his being compromised without them has already been used twice.

Spoilers - Highlight to read:What concerned me more was that the caption says '2 years later'. So whatever adventures he had with Yukio after the jet took off, happened with the most ineffective weapons he could use. What can I tell you? Not a fan of bone-claws.
Here endeth the spoilage.

More reviews and rambling like that ^^^ at: >>>WorldOfBlackout.co.uk <<<

(in reply to konrad6)
Post #: 67
RE: The Wolverine - 26/9/2013 11:33:52 PM   
StevenKThomas

I thought this film was put together beautifully. Breaking down a mutant to their humane form to expose physical vulnerability obviously worked in the previous X Men movie so finding a way to take a spinoff of that and incorporate it into this one was a smart business tactic. That aside, I enjoyed the storyline, action, and character interactions. It'll be hard for me to ever picture another actor than Hugh Jackman to play the Wolverine.

www.youtube.com/TheSStandsFor

www.twitter.com/StevenKThomas

Post #: 68
Wrong wolverine Review - 20/11/2013 12:53:19 PM   
Samurai7

Wolverine Origins wasnt perfect, but no way is this better. That should be 3 stars and this one two. Both have very average CG and - but at least in origins there was more heart and soul from Jackman as our favourite grumpy anti-hero. I need a little more depth than the odd swear word. There was a better villan in Stryker and Liev Scheiber as Sabretooth is worth a star on its own.
This movie is beautifully done and Japan is a great locaton and the toned down feel of this film is welcome, but ths is frikken Wolverine and it needs to be better. Meh.

Post #: 69
Annoying - 7/12/2013 10:50:13 AM   
Ryan_D_Bell

Slow. Plot too basic. Fight scenes underwhelming. Adamantium badly handled. The ending was the final nail in the coffin leaving me just annoyed.

Post #: 70
Hmm - 2/2/2014 6:24:13 PM   
guysalisbury

I think people have been very generous with their reviews on here. maybe because they feel sorry for the loveable Jackman! Fact of the matter is, this film was terrible! It is better than the last instalment but that really isn't saying anything at all. Its always a bad sign if you get bored during an action movie and I found myself to be bored almost the whole way through. The acting isn't up to much either. Sorry but I thought this was just awful!

Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> An Improvement on the first Wolverine film Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI