Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Hugh Jackman Pitches Wolverine & Avengers Team-Up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hugh Jackman Pitches Wolverine & Avengers Team-Up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hugh Jackman Pitches Wolverine & Avengers Team-Up - 12/7/2013 11:45:05 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 12/7/2013 11:45:05 AM   
sleepwalker

This would be good for Sony and for Fox but I cant see any incentive for Marvel at this time. The Marvel comic universe is enormously overcrowded and intertwined, it easily gets convoluted so imagine how this would translate on film. It would take years of careful back planning before you could even put pen to paper on a first script for a build up event. Also even if they funded a joint film 3 ways how would it work? Would Fox and Sony pay for RDJs salary. Some characters would be enormously under played and no-one would get any decent screen time. Maybe in a few years when profits from the avengers films start to wane and cast members start to leave perhaps.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 12/7/2013 12:43:05 PM   
weirdstuff

Hah, 'Lionel Hutz'...

Post #: 3
- 12/7/2013 1:01:40 PM   
Whistler

That would be amazing. I'd love to see it.

Post #: 4
... - 12/7/2013 2:52:36 PM   
Soze666

I don't know of the legalities but it does seem a shame we'll never see a Hulk/Thing rumble or Tony Stark and Reed Richards meeting in the movies. Surely they could strike a deal where they essentially swap characters? ie. Fox tell Disney they can use Wolverine in an Avengers movie if they can have Iron Man pop up in the Fantastic Four? Although I guess it would be a logistical nightmare with all the rights and actors fees.

Post #: 5
- 12/7/2013 3:28:40 PM   
veedlemonster

I can't see the X-Men or FF meeting the Avengers on screen, at least not in the foreseeable future. For both legal and fiction-continuity reasons.
Spider-Man, however, I think will end up in the MCU. Sony and Marvel would both make a killing off that deal. And it won't be difficult to write the lone and low-key Spidey into the world-changing Avengers.

Post #: 6
- 12/7/2013 3:43:28 PM   
leemours84

Well lets look at some bits and peices,
Marvel will pay the salary for all their actors, Fox will pay for theirs and Sony will pay for theirs, so no 1 studio will be on slary duty.

Distribution however will be one of the biggest negotiation issues (coz all 3 will wanna piece of the moneys right)

tbh Sony is the one that should really look into joing up, The producer told a site a month or 2 ago that she'd never let the rights revert back to MARVEL, but however Punisher & Ghost Rider have been reverted, so they only have 1 Marvel property and lets be honest... with the MIB firmly finished, Ghostbusters taking forever to get off the ground and After Earth bombing to hell the studiou's only franchises are Cloudy 2/Smurfs and Hotel Trans, Spidey cant save the studios asses forever eventually Sony are gonna be looking over the shoulder and see the gradual decline of their film divisions and make a deal allowing percentage if Spidey ever were in an Avenger film (i.e Legendary moving from Warners to Universal for 5 years.

Fox however will be the most difficult to try and persuade, Disney and Fox apparently dont have a good relationship, however with 6 X-men films in 13 years and 2 FF films these 2 properties are vital to the Marvel Universe and things could still happen the FF are getting rebooted as we speak for a March 2015 slate. if FOX are wanting to share a universe just by using FOX owned Marvel films then its gonna be boring as hell, as someone on here said imaging the impact of a THING vs Hulk mini battle, or Cap giving words of wisdom to Johnny storm (considering Chris Evans was Johnny in FF) hell even Mark Millar has been saying they should do it.

Studios know itll work it just boils down to competing and of course money. If by somehow Garfield popped up on Marvels panel sayin the after credits in ASM2 has a hint then i say that DC should just abandon all hope for Justice league coz they will never manage to catch up, but DC's mighty weapon is

Post #: 7
- 12/7/2013 3:53:48 PM   
Kalielyn

AvX story arc anyone? Hulk v Wolverine? Cyclops and Cap vie'ing for leadership...

Post #: 8
- 12/7/2013 4:55:05 PM   
jezy

That would be amazing but I can't see it happening. It would be who is willing to give up international rights as this is where all the money is right now for these films. I can't see either party letting that one go.

Post #: 9
RE: Hugh Jackman Pitches Wolverine & Avengers Team-Up - 13/7/2013 5:02:56 PM   
Overmind

The easiest way to solve this is starting a new production company with its own distribution where every part own their 1/3.

< Message edited by Overmind -- 13/7/2013 5:04:13 PM >

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

Post #: 10
Original - 14/7/2013 7:49:18 AM   
tokin5000

Can we leave comic book characters int he comics, the whole thing is getting a bit over rated. Any original ideas left in Hollywood or do they just use google to find characters and plagiarise the f out of hem.

Post #: 11
Too risky. - 14/7/2013 12:16:36 PM   
Oroborous

Considering that everything Jackman's iteration of Wolverine has touched so far has turned out mediocre to terrible, he should stay away from the Avengers.

Post #: 12
- 14/7/2013 3:51:12 PM   
clarkkent

Really hope Days of Future Past leads to a franchise wide reboot so that we can get new versions of these characters. As much as i liked Jackman's Wolverine, his portrayal hasn't really worked outside of an ensemble flick.

Post #: 13
RE: - 15/7/2013 10:07:42 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Sounds suspicously a lot like New Avengers to me which would mean Luke Cage & Doctor Strange along with maybe Iron Fist, Spider-Woman & Daredevil being added.

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hugh Jackman Pitches Wolverine & Avengers Team-Up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI