Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Another Day Of The Dead Remake, Bub?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another Day Of The Dead Remake, Bub? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Day Of The Dead Remake, Bub? - 11/7/2013 12:14:11 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Day Of The Dead: Resurrection - 11/7/2013 12:14:12 AM   
BenTramer

I've always found Romero's Day Of The Dead to be unbearably depressing to watch with sickening post-mortem level gore. If they could tone that down and ratchet up the characterisation and suspense more, they could have something. Humour would be good too. The zombies have to sprint though, stiff-assed snail-like undead can't cut it anymore.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Heresy - 11/7/2013 1:09:49 AM   
Soze666

Couldn't disagree with you more Ben, I hate this new trend of having the undead race about like Olympic gold medal winners. Zombies should shuffle about like...reanimated dead people.

Day of the Dead is an absolute all time favourite of mine, I must have watched it a dozen times or more. There's simply no need for a remake...if anything why not try and film Romero's original script rather than remake the movie he's already made?

Post #: 3
RE: Heresy - 11/7/2013 10:43:09 AM   
apocalypso

Watched it again only yesterday on Netflix, curtains drawn to block out all that awful beautiful summer sunshine... Absolutely brilliant, my favourite Romero by some distance. No point whatsoever in remaking it, but how many films have we (correctly) said that about now?

(in reply to Soze666)
Post #: 4
RE: Day Of The Dead: Resurrection - 11/7/2013 10:51:13 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

I've always found Romero's Day Of The Dead to be unbearably depressing to watch with sickening post-mortem level gore. If they could tone that down and ratchet up the characterisation and suspense more, they could have something. Humour would be good too. The zombies have to sprint though, stiff-assed snail-like undead can't cut it anymore.

Couldn't disagree with all of this more.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 5
RE: Day Of The Dead: Resurrection - 11/7/2013 1:03:12 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

Couldn't disagree with all of this more.

This. Day of the Dead is great, haven't various idiots already remade it twice? Both were terrible.

A remake could be good, Dawn of the Dead 2004 is awesome so there is hope but I won't be holding my breath for it.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 6
Not Heresy, My Opinion - 11/7/2013 6:25:56 PM   
BenTramer

Dawn of the Dead was a superb remake and better than Romero's original in my book. No reason they couldn't improve on Day Of The Dead too. No point messaging that you like Romero's Day. Every movie has fans and those that don't like it. To each their own.

< Message edited by BenTramer -- 11/7/2013 6:46:02 PM >

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another Day Of The Dead Remake, Bub? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI