Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

James Cameron Still Planning Battle Angel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> James Cameron Still Planning Battle Angel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
James Cameron Still Planning Battle Angel - 8/7/2013 8:56:48 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Good to hear he still loves BATTLE ANGEL - 8/7/2013 8:56:48 AM   
bb

After all, it takes years for a director to finally make a film he's going to direct. For example, Edgar Wright signed on to direct ANT-MAN in July 2006, and when the film comes out in November 2015, it would have been in the making for over nine years. Christopher Nolan wrote the first script treatment of INCEPTION in late-2001/early-2002, took him eight to nine years to get made. So, I'll patiently wait for BATTLE ANGEL. As for the two AVATAR sequels, bring them on because I want to see where Cameron goes from the first one.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
One-Trick Pony - 8/7/2013 1:12:01 PM   
BenTramer

I like James Cameron's movies a lot but I do wish he'd try something outside the sci-fi genre. He's pretty much made THE definitive sci-fi movies with Terminator 1 & 2 and Aliens and Avatar and Battle Angel continue that, but there are so many more topics he could tackle. I'd love to see a James Cameron World War II movie, he's done dives to the wreck of the Nazi battleship Bismarck. It would be a shame if he left us with only a handful of sci-fi movies even though they are classics of the genre.

Post #: 3
RE: One-Trick Pony - 8/7/2013 1:29:34 PM   
officerMarc

Err, have you forgotten True Lies (action genre) and Titanic (romantic epic)?!

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 4
- 8/7/2013 1:37:34 PM   
BenTramer

True Lies was 19 years ago, Titanic was 16 years ago. He was gone for years and now it's all sci-fi again. James Cameron is an extremely talented guy, let's see him try something different in other genres.

Post #: 5
RE: One-Trick Pony - 8/7/2013 1:55:35 PM   
whitelighter

Why oh why, when I read people talking about James Cameron movies, no one ever mentions The Abyss. Am I the only one that REALLY loves this movie?? Why should Cameron do something different? If you do something really well & you love that genre then why change? That's like telling Tim Burton not to do Dark/Gothic movies. Burton would have a meltdown!

Post #: 6
Good news, everyone! - 8/7/2013 9:35:22 PM   
kielerkai

I've been waiting for BATTLE ANGEL since the announcement of "Project 880" (which turned out to be AVATAR) back in 2007. I cannot wait for the AVATAR sequel, though. T2 and ALIENS are two of the best sequels (and movies) ever, so I can only imagine the awesomeness of the next AVATAR. - - - - AVATAR 2. Making sweet love to your eyeballs in 2015. Nothing else matters.

Post #: 7
RE: One-Trick Pony - 8/7/2013 9:42:57 PM   
HulkySmashSmash

WHO NEEDS ANOTHER WAR MOVIE????

I'm so tired of war movies, they've been DONE TO DEATH! I wish Spielberg would get a grip and stop with all this classic crap and make some new Sci-Fi Fantasy! ROBOPOCALYPSE!!!!!

Post #: 8
RE: One-Trick Pony - 9/7/2013 9:08:46 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: whitelighter

Why oh why, when I read people talking about James Cameron movies, no one ever mentions The Abyss. Am I the only one that REALLY loves this movie?? Why should Cameron do something different? If you do something really well & you love that genre then why change? That's like telling Tim Burton not to do Dark/Gothic movies. Burton would have a meltdown!

Hi

For me The Abyss is James Cameron's best film and I would rather he got his finger out and got it out on Blu Ray rather then make two pointless sequels to Avatar.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to whitelighter)
Post #: 9
RE: - 9/7/2013 1:18:32 PM   
officerMarc

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

True Lies was 19 years ago, Titanic was 16 years ago. He was gone for years and now it's all sci-fi again. James Cameron is an extremely talented guy, let's see him try something different in other genres.

They're more recent than T1, T2 and Aliens...

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> James Cameron Still Planning Battle Angel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI