Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Hummingbird Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hummingbird - 6/7/2013 10:16:35 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
A solid crime drama - 16/7/2013 10:44:48 PM   

I personally find this review is harsh against the film and I feel that if it was starring someone Michael Fassbender or Tom Hardy the review would much more positive. If you are expecting a Jason Statham actioneer you would be disappointed because there are only three fight scenes: but it works as a crime drama. The film does juggle three different storylines which is problematic but I liked the grounded, grim setting and the juxaposition of wealth and poverty and the themes of post-tramatic disorder and how someone can be lost in London. Compared to Welcome to the Punch I thought Hummingbird was a much better film and it actually looked like it was set in London then the empty glass city in WttP. Here is a link to my full review if you wish to read it:

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: A solid crime drama - 30/7/2013 4:24:42 PM   

A rather dull movie. An interesting idea that never quite takes off. I was bored half way through.

Would not recommend and i love me some Jason Stratham

(in reply to freemantle_uk)
Post #: 3
RE: Hummingbird - 31/12/2013 12:25:17 PM   

With patience, Hummingbird's panorama comes into full view, and it is one full of arrestingly arranged set pieces and an impressive sense of economy.

Post #: 4
RE: Hummingbird - 25/5/2014 12:24:51 PM   

You've got to hand it to screenwriter Steven Knight, in that he didn't get 'too' bogged down with the issues of post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse and human trafficking. Instead, he seemed to concentrate on making A Jason Statham Movie, and in that respect Hummingbird is as good as it can be.

It's not that The Stath™ completely rescues the film, but it certainly becomes more forgivable with him heading the charge.

What you see is what you get, ie Jason Statham.

More reviews and rambling like that ^^^ at: >>> <<<

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Hummingbird Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI