Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Neil Marshall Plays Another Game Of Thrones

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Neil Marshall Plays Another Game Of Thrones Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Neil Marshall Plays Another Game Of Thrones - 5/7/2013 2:10:59 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Why the Finale? - 5/7/2013 2:10:59 PM   
angelgr89

I find it odd that they will shoot the battle at the wall as the season 4 finale. That episode is usually reserved to wrap up several storylines. Even the battle of blackwater occurred in episode 9 and not episode 10. If they film this battle like they filmed blackwater, the whole episode will be devoted to the battle with no time to provide closure on the other story arcs. I'm glad Neil Marshall is back but hope "the finale" portion was a misinterpretation from Empire or Empire's source.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Why the Finale? - 5/7/2013 10:26:14 PM   
Fit Kisto

Yeah I can't see how that will work as episode 10 at all, there's too much wrap up material from ASOS to cover (much of it not set at the Wall). I'm guessing Marshall's episode will actually be 8 or 9.

< Message edited by Fit Kisto -- 5/7/2013 10:28:04 PM >

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to angelgr89)
Post #: 3
RE: Why the Finale? - 6/7/2013 2:07:03 AM   
Phetikus

Going by season tradition it'll probably be E9 as something major always happens then (Ned's beheading, Blackwater, the Red Wedding).

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 4
Report not accurate - 6/7/2013 3:35:12 PM   
Werthead

It's been confirmed that Empire's report is not quite accurate:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/neil-marshall-returns-to-direct-s4-finale/

The specific areas where it is incorrect have not been stated, but I'd wager it's the timing: the finale is way too late in the season for this storyline, which should be a lot earlier.

Post #: 5
RE: Report not accurate - 7/7/2013 5:36:18 PM   
Osric

I think it's just the wording that's confusing the issue. Rather than "finale" it should probably be "climax" or "apex" or "crux" or something. This is clearly the moment the series builds to, but as others have said it's probably just episode 9 rather than 10. So not EXACTLY "finale", but more or less.

(in reply to Werthead)
Post #: 6
Pedants - 8/7/2013 8:21:21 AM   
Funkasaurusni

I might be episode 9, it might be episode 10, either way the report is accurate and I'm sure we're all glad to see Marshall back.

Post #: 7
Great but a little over rated - 8/7/2013 9:11:27 AM   
ericcoyle

Episode nine of season two was great, if a little over rated in my opinion. The real scorcher of season 2 was episode 10, which pretty much blew everything else out of the water for me. Incredible.
Unfortunately the Blackwater episode did show it's budget limitations and the battle did not seem to go on anywhere near long enough (it felt like it took place in "real time", about 30 mins. as opposed to a whole night for example). Wasn't Tyrion great though.

Post #: 8
What the hell has happened to Neil Marshall? - 9/7/2013 7:14:58 PM   
bb

I mean, in 2005, he directed one of the best horror films of the decade, THE DESCENT, and it launched him into the spotlight. But the next two films he directed, DOOMSDAY (2008) and THE CENTURION (2010) were critical and commercial failures, and the only thing he's done ever since is television work. Is he ever going to direct another film? Or has he become too stung by the dismal failures of his last two films?

Post #: 9
RE: What the hell has happened to Neil Marshall? - 19/7/2013 10:27:29 AM   
Baymoed52

The HBO series is fantastic....If you want to really be engrossed in the epic tale that is A Song of Ice and Fire, pick up the books! Just be sure to pace yourself so you're not waiting for Martin to publish the last 2 in the series like the rest of us have been.

Game of Thrones tv series - click here

(in reply to bb)
Post #: 10
RE: What the hell has happened to Neil Marshall? - 19/7/2013 11:21:19 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: bb

I mean, in 2005, he directed one of the best horror films of the decade, THE DESCENT, and it launched him into the spotlight. But the next two films he directed, DOOMSDAY (2008) and THE CENTURION (2010) were critical and commercial failures, and the only thing he's done ever since is television work. Is he ever going to direct another film? Or has he become too stung by the dismal failures of his last two films?

Yes, his career really has gone down the crapper now he's involved with the hottest TV show on the planet.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to bb)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Neil Marshall Plays Another Game Of Thrones Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI